No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Yeah, look OGS wants to manage Manchester United eventually, 99% of our players would play for Manchester United if they were offered the chance. Right now he has zero chance of it. Franky unless he manages to get us into the CL then that chance remains pretty much zero. Win/win.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im cooling on OGS
Really? This whole thread you've been one of the coolest guys around.

LOL

I could get behind his appointment - and wouldn't be distraught if it happened. When I say 'cooling' - I mean hes my no 2 choice , behind Paul Lambert.

Randy seems to want experience judging by his previous appointments - and think therefore if he could get Lambert he would offer him the job - Of course theres a lot 'ifs' before that happened.

I agree, bit pointless targeting a young manager in order to build something if he is going to bugger off as soon as he does well.

It is a genuine point with OGS, he is a man utd man and to manage them is his ultimate goal.

Any manager we have - would be interested in the Man utd job. its one of the biggest jobs in football.

The upside is - that if Manu want to poach our manager - then he will have done very well at villa.

This.

I would take him for 2 years and then wish him well as he goes off to the Scum, having done a brilliant job for us.

After the red scum won as much as us last season, .

MmL qualification they managed to sneak past us... :winkold:

Nar, no trophy = nowt, briny at least thats what I'm telling the red scum here lol but I take your point. Still it wont be good enough for the glory hunters.

Frankly unless he manages to get us into the CL then that chance remains pretty much zero. Win/win.

Exactly what I was trying to say - OGS would have acheived his goal with Villa like he has already with MoldeFK.

You'd kinda wish him well also.

Im cooling on OGS

LOL

I could get behind his appointment - and wouldn't be distraught if it happened. When I say 'cooling' - I mean hes my no 2 choice , behind Paul Lambert.

Randy seems to want experience judging by his previous appointments - and think therefore if he could get Lambert he would offer him the job - Of course theres a lot 'ifs' before that happened.

you seems to be pinning your 'cooling' on a hypothetical situation. what if the same situation comes about with Lambert? except then, the sense that it's all starting to feel very familiar, the premier league experience, the counter attacking football.

for me, what villa needs is an absolute shake up.

Im cooling on OGS

LOL

I am the reverse, with OGS being my first choice, and Lambert being an acceptable alternative.

I think the last week has seen the Villa support get its collective mojo back. We once again realise what a big job in the world of football the manager's job at our club is, and we have tossed around amongst ourselves a few names that are credible candidates.

Whoever gets the job out of the perceived shortlist is going to receive a huge amount of goodwill and support from the fan base, which will only stand the club in good stead for the coming season.

It's onwards and upwards from here.

Yeah, look OGS wants to manage Manchester United eventually, 99% of our players would play for Manchester United if they were offered the chance. Right now he has zero chance of it. Franky unless he manages to get us into the CL then that chance remains pretty much zero. Win/win.

Disagree, because he is a legend at that club he will not have to achieve as much here as another manager would.

I hope he doesn`t come in and sign a load of man utd reserves either.

But who knows, maybe he will grow an affection for aston villa and never want to leave. He seems like that type.

Im cooling on OGS

LOL

you seems to be pinning your 'cooling' on a hypothetical situation. what if the same situation comes about with Lambert? except then, the sense that it's all starting to feel very familiar, the premier league experience, the counter attacking football.

for me, what villa needs is an absolute shake up.

I think most underperforming clubs think they need a shake up. Quite an expensive process when you take into account signing on fees etc.

Not that I disagree with your prognosis - a lot of clubs end the season - promising a clear out - which never quite materialises. The other thing is that a.n. other club has got to want to but the likes of Dunne, Collins, Hutton, Gabby, - and match their wages.

With nominal football knowledge on the board - I think PL would give us the experience we need. - Although I could support OGS - lambert would still be my number 1 choice.

Lambert is my fourth choice (behind Rodgers & AVB). I will get behind him if picked but it will be a bit of a blow I have to say.

Still not matter what I am in dreamland with how things are going with this years manager selection vs last years debacle.

I really believe that Man U are in decline, they are tied financially so they can not compete with the neighbours and with the fair play rules they may struggle as they need a few new top class players, I think they will want a new manager in a year so for OGS it will be to soon,

I still think there will be a suprise with the new manager and a name that comes out we haven't mentioned dont ask me why its just a feeling I have.

TheTrees.... Sorry to keep asking you this each day but... any sign of the Lerner-Bird today?

As Eric Cantona once said "...the "Lerner-birds" follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

I am not a gay. You are

(not you PieFacE)

Randy Lerner is jetting back to Aston Villa on Wednesday to finalise their manager search in his most important decision since buying the club.

Villa's US owner Lerner has already held talks with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer about succeeding the axed Alex McLeish as manager.

Ex-Manchester United striker Solskjaer, 39, has even publicly admitted he would probably quit Molde in his native Norway for Villa Park if offered the post.

But Lerner is refusing to be rushed into an appointment after last summer's disastrous move for McLeish from arch-rivals Birmingham.

Lerner and Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner are now considering other alternatives including Roberto Martinez, Paul Lambert, Gus Poyet and Brendan Rodgers.

MirrorSport understands Villa officials have been delighted with the amount of successful managers to register an interest.

Lerner wants to bring in a young, hungry, dynamic new chief to restore vibrancy to the club.

Last season was nearly a catastrophe as Villa ended 16th with just 38 points following just one win their last 16 matches.

Fans protested against the unpopular McLeish amid ugly scenes and attendances fell.

Now Lerner, who inherited Martin O'Neill as boss when he bought Villa in 2006, knows he has to turnaround the club's fortunes by appointing the right man.

His previous decision to name the ageing Gerard Houllier to replace O'Neill in 2010 also backfired as the Frenchman's heart condition flared up again.

And Lerner is desperate to get his latest appointment right to bring some much-needed stability to the club.

He considers Solskjaer a 'good candidate' after the Manchester United legend flew to England on Friday for talks with Lerner, who then returned to the US.

But Villa officials believe they have some other 'great options' too.

Lerner aims to make up his mind by the end of the week and get Villa's new man in before the start of June.

Solskjaer remains favourite having already held talks and admitted he fancies a crack at the Premier League.

Solskjaer, who guided Molde to a 2-0 victory at Sandnes Ulf on Sunday which keeps them second in the Norwegian league, said: "Villa will speak with several candidates.

"But I've always said that I want to try it in the Premier League. That's no secret.

"It's tempting. As a player you want to go as far as possible, it's the same as a manager."

Other Villa targets include Wigan boss Martinez, 38, who the Midlands club have rated since last summer when they tried and failed to get him.

The Spaniard may leave this close season having already held talks with Liverpool about the Anfield vacancy.

While Norwich manager Lambert, 42, is believed to be ready to quit Carrow Road if he gets the right offer.

Elsewhere, Brighton chief Gus Poyet, 44, fits the bill of a young, hungry manager but is unproven in the top-flight as a boss.

And names such as Swansea's Rodgers, 39, and ex-Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas, 34, remain outsiders.

In the Villa squad there is considerable support for coach Kevin McDonald, previously a caretaker in 2010, to get another crack.

Star striker Darren Bent wants to see continuity at the club after two seasons of upheaval since O'Neill quit.

Bent said: "There's lots of clubs where the manager's been in charge for a while and you watch the club grow.

"Villa under Martin O'Neill, back in the day, finished sixth three years in a row and were on the up before whatever happened, happened.

"A new manager will bring stability to Aston Villa so that the club can move forward and grow.

"It's exciting. We have no idea who it will be but whoever it is I am sure they'll come in, do a good job, take that passion for Villa and take us where we belong.

"There are good players and with one or two additions that the manager will have in mind I'm sure we will have a better season than the last one."

Mirror!

Mr.Lerner is back in Birmingham.

The search continues.......