No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Tony Morley saying OGS is not the man for the job and it should be someone with more experience. Really starting to think it maybe PL

Experience, hmmm....

GT

DOL

MON

GH

AM

It hasn't really got us anywhere.

Perhaps the club need to be bold.

I agree, the potential of this guy is too good to resist, guy is a winner and hungry for success!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im cooling on OGS - We have a ropey start come next october the knives will be out for Randy \ OGS manager on the cheap, to quiet, young etc.

I think the next 48 hours will be cruicial for OGS - Either it becomes a foregone conclusion - or someone else will become the favoured candidate.

Lamberts complete the norwich season with a friendly tonight. If its going to be him - we will make our move shortly after that. IMO

.......Just hope its not Simon Grayson !!

As new Norwich fan has said, I really don't think that Lambert has been given permission, or has -asked- for permission to go anywhere. I thought at the speech in the end of season dinner he was joking with the whole club about the fact that he wasn't moving? Seems a bit stupid to egg on your face like that.

Perhaps the club need to be bold.

That's what I'm thinking TT.....we have a crop of very decent youngsters coming through & an attack minded younger manager who improves them might be just what we need.

OGS is foreign but he knows the PL inside out - he's played at the very top - works with 2 English coaches and he strikes me as having alot more about him than many.

Everton took a chance with Moyes from Preston and lots of foreign managers have been brought into PL clubs who have no PL experience. Sometimes it's worked, sometimes it's a disaster.

Capello had NO Premier League experience & they made him England manager. OK he'd managed at the highest level but not in England previously.

I'm not saying I would be against Lambert or Martinez or anyone else but OGS would be a bold, brave move by the club, which you'd hope would pay off for the long term.

If I was RL I would be concerned that OGS would simply use Villa as a stepping stone - from all the tweets I've seen many of his Norwegian compatriates are saying that he would not leave Villa unless he was asked to or until he had acheived his goal.

OGS had kinda acheived the goal at MoldeFK because for the first time ever in their history in his first season they won the league and they were in CL.

There better not be a clause to move in the first couple of years, if this is the request then I would not go with him at all, This job requires full commitment over a few years, with SAF at the age he is and the way the noisy neighbours are pushing him I can see him retiring next year. Mind you even if he did I could not see Man U going for him as they will go for a big name as it will be a hell of a lot of pressure for the first couple of years living in his shaddow.

Agreed but even more if OGS were for any reason to leave within 2 yrs to ManU then the compensation should be set at 20m!!!

After the red scum won as much as us last season, nowt I can see a scenario where by ManC and Chelsea dominate the Premier League and their fans start getting pissed off and calling for change and demanding OGS.

This arrogance would piss me off more than the thought of Mcleish staying for another season.............well almost haha.

I agree, bit pointless targeting a young manager in order to build something if he is going to bugger off as soon as he does well.

It is a genuine point with OGS, he is a man utd man and to manage them is his ultimate goal.

had to google translate of course

Kjell Inge Røkke Aker may pay wages to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer though Molde manager should get the job at Aston Villa, writes the newspaper.

See also: Aker pay wages to Solskjaer

Solskjaer and Aker has an agreement that runs until 30 June 2014.

- When we signed that agreement was in terms of a long-term cooperation in the community Molde FK. Solskjaer has a large playing career behind him and a great manager career ahead of him. The market value of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is great, says communications director Atle Kigen Aker Asa newspaper.

See also: Comment: - Football farce can be positive for Molde

Kigen says they relate to the agreement expires first 30 June 2014.

- Will increase his market value if he is manager in the Premier League?

- There are no reviews we've spent time, said Kigen.

In Molde Solskjaer has a salary of 4.4 million. Two of these millions are paid directly from listed Aker Asa.

- We pay for the marketing rights to Solskjaer. We can use him in connection with the ad campaigns and seminars and lectures in Aker and companies owned by Aker, said Kigen. (© NTB

I agree, bit pointless targeting a young manager in order to build something if he is going to bugger off as soon as he does well.

It is a genuine point with OGS, he is a man utd man and to manage them is his ultimate goal.

but to get that role he has to succeed at Villa.

Tony Morley saying OGS is not the man for the job and it should be someone with more experience. Really starting to think it maybe PL

Tony was defending McLeish to the last as well. I love the man but I dont think he has any knowledge of the next manager and I dont think he is listened to by Lerner either. In this case thats a good thing, in other cases he has some very smart things to say.

Agent_ITK in twitter seems to be bullshit, tweeted this "Sunday's initial talks with Lambert went well. #AVFC #Villa #Football", maybe someone with twatter account could ask from him that how there could've been talks with PL since Lerner is in USA.

Well, I don't have a clue how reliable Agent_ITK is, but I do know they have telephones in America..

Any manager we have - would be interested in the Man utd job. its one of the biggest jobs in football.

The upside is - that if Manu want to poach our manager - then he will have done very well at villa.

Lets take one step at time - recruit the best manager we can - and worry about Man U coming in for him - if and when that happens.

Lerner will go for OGS now that the fans have made it clear he is the preferred choice. Think about it, we didn't want Mcleish and he got him in anyway. It failed and the fans started to turn on Randy. He isn't going to risk that again so this time he will go with who we prefer and if it doesn't work out he can always say he went with the fans choice!

Put it this way; after the abuse he started to receive on here and from other outlets, wouldn't you do the same?

For the record, I mentioned Simon Grayson before when he was at Leeds. He was unlucky there. He had to sell some of his better players and lost the club Captain as well. Otherwise he may have stayed in his job and got them up via the play-offs on a nothing budget. At least he is an ex Villa player who would have the club in his heart! If not this time I hope he isn't ruled out for the job in the future as I think he would make a good Villa manager.