No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 50 øres worth; This thing has blown completely out of proportion here in Norway. One thing is that OGS could be the second Norwegian manager in the PL, another is the reaction from the "investors" at Molde FK. Being a small country, we just love to think most people know who Marit Bjørgen and Petter Nordtug are (do I detect frantic googling ?), at least those who are interested in sports. And when our national football icon OGS might, just might, become the new Villa manager, the press go bonkers and dig up anything that has a slight connection to it.

Now, if it is true that it's more or less a done deal: OGS seems to be a very decent guy, and it seems to me like he wants to do the honorable thing and stay with Molde until they are sorted out. They are after all in the middle of their season, and taking with him the entire coaching staff obviously leaves the club in serious troubles. He needs to be replaced, and at the moment there are few, if any norwegian managers of decent quality around. One could say that this is Moldes problem, but if I know how OGS thinks he at least wants to help find a replacement.

I think if we get OGS he will be confirmed as manager by the of this week but won't actually take charge until June 1st. Dunno when the press conference/photoshoot will take place though.

I just have one request.

Can Villa please send a paramedic round to Mantis' house just before they announce the news because he's either going to slit his wrists if it's not OGS, or go into some frenzied epileptic seizure if it is. Either way - medical treatment needed.

I think if we get OGS he will be confirmed as manager by the of this week but won't actually take charge until June 1st. Dunno when the press conference/photoshoot will take place though.

We could probably fly him in to Birmingham on the Friday we announce him, it's not like he has to worry about pissing off Rokke and that lot further when he's ours.. He'll do the photo's and press conference then go back to Molde for a week.

We could probably fly him in to Birmingham on the Friday we announce him, it's not like he has to worry about pissing off Rokke and that lot further when he's ours.. He'll do the photo's and press conference then go back to Molde for a week.

Sounds plausible. Can anyone remember if the Houllier PC was when he signed or when he actually took charge?

I just have one request.

Can Villa please send a paramedic round to Mantis' house just before they announce the news because he's either going to slit his wrists if it's not OGS, or go into some frenzied epileptic seizure if it is. Either way - medical treatment needed.

Haha :lol:

Looking on OddsChecker this evening makes interesting reading. Most bookies have closed on 'next permanent Villa manager', and those still offering bets are mostly 8-1 ON. This is certainly not the same as Mick Mack becoming favourite for a whole 12 hours...

Job done, methinks.

Very strange to be 1-9 on and nobodys know why.

The Lamberts not coming theory doesn't stack up imo

1.If he[lambert] is not coming to villa - his most likely destination is Liverpool - if you beleive that - fill your boots hes still 28-1 to be pool boss

2.If he commits to Norwich - I still don't see that making OGS 1-9 on - there's still Martinez, RDM, FSW, Southgate

I wonder if Lamberts position will become clear after tomorrow nights friendly ?

Somethings gone on - how long can a lid be kept on it ?

What's Lambert got to do with anything? I know he's been linked with the Villa job but I expect the reason why odds for OGS are so low is because people think he will be the next Villa manager, not because they think Lambert won't.

Looking on OddsChecker this evening makes interesting reading. Most bookies have closed on 'next permanent Villa manager', and those still offering bets are mostly 8-1 ON. This is certainly not the same as Mick Mack becoming favourite for a whole 12 hours...

Job done, methinks.

VillaLion, do you wanna say it? I know you love too... :winkold:

Ok, just to get some excitement going again, @Fourth_Official , a very well respected ITK account which has got numerous things right in the past has tweeted "we know, not think" in reply to someone who doubted the earlier tweet stating OGS will be Villa manager on 1st June.

Job done?

Maybe.

Job done, methinks.

Haha! It did cross my mind, but it is wasted breath...!

Plus, I gave the benefit of the doubt to this poster as they did close the books very early tonight (about 8pm) as it went a bit bonkers with a lot of ITK's stating OGS is a done deal come 1st June.

Relax people, think off something else for tonight, maybe the girlfriend, the wife or the vacant left hand. We all know no news is good news take a few minutes and listen to this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaUfBSFq45M&feature=rellist&playnext=1&list=PL187BB21A3EDAAF56 if that fails theres always this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfJ9dVo-jv4&feature=BFa&list=PL187BB21A3EDAAF56.

Let's wait and see on the 1st of June.

What's Lambert got to do with anything? I know he's been linked with the Villa job but I expect the reason why odds for OGS are so low is because people think he will be the next Villa manager, not because they think Lambert won't.

lots of posts around 7.30 - were explaing the odds plunge - on lambert not coming \ going elsewhere.

Alot of pundits speculators - said that he was due to have talks about the villa job some time this week. Thus if those talks weren't productive or didn't happen - then it clears the way for OGS.

As I said (and yourself implied) - Lambert being out of the race - wouldn't justify such an odds plunge - that would have to be movement on the OGS front.

I think this could be one like MON\Houllier - when eventually , its such a foregone conclusion that its hardly news when it does happen !

Job done, methinks.

Plus, I gave the benefit of the doubt to this poster as they did close the books very early tonight (about 8pm) as it went a bit bonkers with a lot of ITK's stating OGS is a done deal come 1st June.

Without wishing to sound like a total jackass, what has been the progression/event of the evening? I went out for a walk earlier and haven't caught up with the thread (like a total jackass)...

It's Tuesday tomorrow.

The owner always arrives on Tuesday. Hopefully his carriage will be parked outside my window in the morning.

A new manager before he leaves again?

Let's hope so-off on holiday Friday.

Like Rob, just had a great curry. Mango Spice, Mere Green, top drawer!

Job done, methinks.

Without wishing to sound like a total jackass, what has been the progression/event of the evening? I went out for a walk earlier and haven't caught up with the thread (like a total jackass)...

Firstly and foremostly, the vast majority of bookies close their books at night time... ;)

In the early evening, Gazton (possibly the most respected ITK poster on VT??) has stated that OGS will become Villa manager and nothing has changed.

Secondly, shortly after that, The Fourth Official, another very respected ITK posted that he will definitely join on 1st June. (when they say "we think" it happens nearly everytime, so the fact they have said he will definitely be joining basically means he will definitely be joining)

Thirdly, I personally have been a little disappointed about no news tonight, however in this instance I think no news is good news. It's probably quiet whilst Villa tie up the loose ends with Molde... if it was all kicking off it would mean they aren't sitting down over the table tieing up the lose ends....!

So, OGS = Villa manager... 99% IMHO.