No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Same names who want OGS are the same names who thought Houllier was rubbish and Mcleish would do a good job, sort out our defence etc :!: :!:
No they're not. :? Think you'll find the people that are most pro-OGS are the ones who were the most pro-Houllier/least anti-Houllier and the most anti-McLeish. The ones that were anti-Houllier and pro-McLeish (in the beginning) seem to be the ones that are the most sceptical of OGS.

That's just generalising though. In all honesty I think OGS has wide support across the board.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same names who want OGS are the same names who thought Houllier was rubbish and Mcleish would do a good job, sort out our defence etc :!: :!:

OGS was my 1st choice when he was 40-1

I liked Houllier and wanted him to stay.

I was very much pro Houllier and I really want OGS. I didn't think Mcleish would do a good job but was willing to give him time (until the Swansea game hit anyway). Where do I fit in to your little analysis?

There were many on here who liked Houllier (or at least saw what he was doing) and also want OGS (me for example).

Besides nearly everyone here wants OGS.

Ignorant comment.

I was pro-Houlier, anti-McLeish (although willing to give time) and am very pro-OGS.

I hate ignorance.

I liked what Houllier was trying to implement. I wasn't against Houllier. Quite the contrary. McLeish on the other hand, well...Was against him from the beginning.

That being said, I support my club whoever the manager is.

I am just glad we are now in a position to start again. A lot of work to be done, but the positivity amonst the majority is good to see.

I think this is what we will hear soon:

You are my Solskjaer,

my Ole Solskjaer,

You make me happy,

when skies are grey,

He came to villa

To be a winner

please don't take,

my Solskjaer away!

Oh God. Celtic fans used to sing a version of this with Henrik Larsson's name inserted. A gawdawful song, even in it's unadapted form, and I say that with all due respect. Can't somebody come up with some OGS-themed lyrics to fit into a song like The Buff Medways' The Least Disappointing Man, or Truly Fine Citizen by Moby Grape instead?

You're more than welcome to check through my posting history... I was excited by what I thought Houllier could achieve, but felt he had a huge task ahead of him - he took over the club at the most difficult time. I thought that he did ok, he made some massive PR gaffs but I was willing to forgive him those. I still think that if he'd had a second season (with a full pre-season) we'd have been in a much better place now. Under the right circumstances I still would have welcomed him back as DOF.

I was bitterly disappointed with the appointment of McLeish. However, I love the club and felt I had no choice but to get behind the team and to give him a chance. I extended my good will as much as I possibly could but lived in hope that he was a stop-gap to keep us up during the transition - as he barely managed to do that I was desperate for the board to get rid. I feel no animosity towards him, I don't think he is a "ginger word removed", a Scottish pr*ck or the devil incarnate. I think as a manager he can be proud of some of his achievements but his brand of football is not suited to the expectations and aspirations of the Villa.

I'm very excited by OGS - he's young, hungry, determined to play decent football, universally respected and has said all the right things about our great club. I think he is a possible legend in the making. Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a manager alive who could deliver the immediate success that some of the fan base crave. I think the biggest risk, if he joins, is that he's not given the time and sections of the support start to get on his back and by Christmas we have 'supporters' suggesting Ole Gunner 'relegate us' and that he should 'f*ck off back to Norway.' I wish those supporters would support City instead.

I think this is what we will hear soon:

You are my Solskjaer,

my Ole Solskjaer,

You make me happy,

when skies are grey,

He came to villa

To be a winner

please don't take,

my Solskjaer away!

Oh God. Celtic fans used to sing a version of this with Henrik Larsson's name inserted. A gawdawful song, even in it's unadapted form, and I say that with all due respect. Can't somebody come up with some OGS-themed lyrics to fit into a song like The Buff Medways' The Least Disappointing Man, or Truly Fine Citizen by Moby Grape instead?

Yeah I cringe at the thought of us singing songs that other teams used. We need our own or just a good old 'Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's claret and blue army'. It's been too long since we've been able to belt that one out.

Pro-Houllier, anti-McLeish but was willing to give time.

Still, I don't think Houllier did a stellar job. I can see what he was trying to do but - oh boy! - did he ever make some huge mistakes!

OGS? Yes please. Martinez? Yes please. Lambert? I haven't seen enough to form an opinion.

It's fair enough to disagree with people and state your opinion, but attempting to belittle people because they are excited by the OGS doco (which I haven't watched yet) is pretty pathetic really, only to be topped by calling them McLeish supporters or Houllier haters. Really? What next? Closet Man U supporters? FM warriors?

Why not simply respect others opinions, whilst attempting to validate your own with positive arguments rather than ridiculously generalised insults?

I'd be happy with Lambert, OGS or Martinez, each for different reasons, for what its worth.

I still think that some people are getting overly hyped about this, genuinely.

I have just read the last 15 pages or so and there is absolutely nothing to report beyond a number of excited individuals pleading with Randy to appoint OGS!

Thankfully, the talks were as described, a preliminary meeting designed to see if the club and OGS like each other. He obviously wants the job and will come, of that there can be no doubt. Randy though is doing what a diligent and sensible owner should do, talking to a shortlist of candidates who fit his young, hungry and capable criteria.

Nothing to report here until that is complete. For the record, I am not anti or pro OGS. If the short list is Lambert, OGS and Martinez and one of those is subsequently appointed, I will be extremely happy and back them 100%. That is a strong, capable shortlist of thinking managers. Just what we need.

Agree we are overly hyped abut OGS. Aint it grand? When was the last time you saw some genuine blind fandom around Villa football club?

Thats magic grab it while you can and run with it. We need a shot of hype right about now.

For the record I am fairly happy with many of the names that are being bandied. Rodgers, AVB are genuinely exciting candidates. OGS just has that something special I am hoping we gamble on.

I like the sound of OGS being our manager, would be different and seems majority of the fans will want him. Young, ambitious and something new.

Do not want to see RDM anywhere near VP, I know he just won the CL but that's more of letting JT FL and drogba having their way. We saw how poor he was at WBA with average squad, it would only end with us Villa fans calling for RDM head by xmas if he was ever appointed. If he stays at chelsea he will be be sacked before end of next season. Avram Grant was 1 spot kick away from being a CL winning manager and we all kniw how shit he is.

OGS or Lambert for me

What a load of crap. In a recent poll 95% of ppl want OGS.

95% did not think Houllier was rubbish... 95% did not think Mcleish would do a good job.

You've written some ridiculous things on VT already, but this is by far the most ridiculous yet.

I was at VP yesterday and the guy i was talking to called Keith has worked at Villa for 25 years. He kept referancing Norweigans and Ole so when i had a chance i asked him if he knew anything. He said he is of the understanding its pretty much a done deal however Lambert will be interviewed this week aswell.

I think the spoke to OGS and were impressed with him but want to interview Lambert to be sure.

Just read that he uses fifa 12 to prepare for games. Says it all really, this chap would get exposed big time in the premier league.

I can understand the initial excitement, but i have no idea at all why the thought of this guy managing aston villa has gone down so well online.

You can`t just appoint someone because they are young and used to be a good player, football management is a job like any other and the guy who we go for needs to have proved he can do it.