No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Solskjær says to NRK today that he turned down to talk to several PL clubs during the last week including teams far higher up the table than Villa. All the right comments from OGS, keep them comming!

This for me is one of the big positives of OGS - we need a manager who WANTS to manage us. I get the impression that for Lambert, Martinez, Rodgers et al it would be more a case of "yeah OK I'll give it a go I suppose".

The fact he's turned down other offers, and like everyone else I'd be interested to see who they were from, suggests that he's not just interested in managing in the PL for the sake of it but interested in managing the right club. Clearly, for whatever reason, that appears to be Villa.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This for me is one of the big positives of OGS - we need a manager who WANTS to manage us. I get the impression that for Lambert, Martinez, Rodgers et al it would be more a case of "yeah OK I'll give it a go I suppose".

The fact he's turned down other offers, and like everyone else I'd be interested to see who they were from, suggests that he's not just interested in managing in the PL for the sake of it but interested in managing the right club. Clearly, for whatever reason, that appears to be Villa.

Agree, this should be one of the key points for Lerner when making a desicion. I guess clubs like WBA and Liverpool may have approached him as well...

So he uses every resource available to him.. what's wrong with that? he isn't the only manager to use Fifa (or FM for that matter)

:lol: you must be joking

McLeish would have been lynched if we knew he used FIFA to prepare for games...

in fact we would have used it as a reason for poor results...

"fukin hell McKnob maybe if you didnt spend so much time on FIFA we would actually win a game"...

maybe we should employ the creator of FIFA 12 and go straight to the source...

no doubt it would be a pay rise for him

Moyes is a good manager who has proved he can do the job on a tight budget year after year, he would be a safe pair of hands.

... and uses Fifa manager for player scouting.

lol hypocrite.

:crylaugh:

I was pretty much out of the loop all day yesterday. Does anyone know how Molde got on? (I'm too lazy to check) Also, does anyone know if anymore has gone on between Ole and the investors at Molde?

Perhaps a lot of managers use FM and FIFA but dont like to admit it because it may lower credibility. I dont really care if they use it as long as it is used as an aid and not to make any final decisions.

I also think the excitement and clamour for OGS is because its more of the unknown and something that no one else has had in England. I'm bored of the same names cropping up or hiring the same kind of managers.

OGS offers something very different and there must be a lot of good Scandinavian players that he will know better than most and we've had some good experiences with Scandinavians.

Randy though is doing what a diligent and sensible owner should do, talking to a shortlist of candidates

The biggest issue is this bullshit interview phase which again smacks of lack of football knowledge. If you want a manager, you do your homework first and you go get him. You interview if you dont have the football knowledge to understand WHY you want the manager.

I was saying that once you have identified the man you want, you then meet to finalise the proceedings. You dont arrange interviews in my opinion.

Just wondered whats changed your mind from one extreme to the other?

I just wondered what else you could be doing with your life? :D

Maybe the last encumbant? Thats a reason to not just go and grab someone.

I like OGS because he has the right philosophy. He wants to play proper football. He's got experience of winning everything and has learnt a lot from sir Alex how to win in those situations. He's a next generation manager who is a winner and seems likeable, very eager and wants to come.

Maybe the last encumbant*? Thats a reason to not just go and grab someone.

Why do you try and personalise things? Its called having a memory and I remembered you were against it. Every time you pick up against CI its because you've remembered his other posts. Try and remember your daily post count is also higher than mine.

Fair enough.

i think the fifa 2012 thing is being blown out of proportion a bit. depends how he uses it and what for. if he uses it as the be all and end all instead of actually doing some research then it's a problem.

i doubt that though, he prob uses it to illustrate his points to the players, in which case it's a good tool i would think.

The developers of FIFA 12 have access to an army of statisticians that football clubs can only dream about.

Anyone who says it's strange for the manager of a smallish club like Molde to make use of this resource is either a bit dim, or is picking a fight.

Maybe the last encumbant*? Thats a reason to not just go and grab someone.

Why do you try and personalise things? Its called having a memory and I remembered you were against it. Every time you pick up against CI its because you've remembered his other posts.

Fair enough.

I commend your memory and willingness to trawl or search back through previous posts in order to make a point of my change of opinion in this case. I should feel special rather than spooked that you are willing to focus so much attention on me.

As for CI, as I think I said above, I usually just ignore his posts for the reasons already stated.

For the record, if there is an outstanding candidate that fits the clubs criteria, then I still maintain you go and grab him while you can. Why bother with interviews if you know who you want?

In this instance, we have three outstanding candidates that fit our criteria. Therefore, rather than grab the first one through the door, it makes sense to interview all three and work out which one wants it the most and has the best vision for the club within Randys constraints.

That is my opinion at this time and as circumstances change, it may well do too. Feel free to point that out to me as you see fit! 8)

I have my last ever uni exam tomorrow. Because of our manager search I have done shite all revision so far. I will be trying to stay away from here today so hopefully when I return this thread will be 150 pages down the line and OGS will be OTHHAS!

Who cares how he goes about his management, I couldn't care less if he used Barbies and Kens to show formations etc.

If he gets us playing and we are successful then his methods, no matter what they are, work for him.

I shouldn't really be surprised should I, OTT reactions are commonplace on VT.