No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is what we will hear soon:

You are my Solskjaer,

my Ole Solskjaer,

You make me happy,

when skies are grey,

He came to villa

To be a winner

please don't take,

my Solskjaer away!

mine and rogers quotes but hey we are all in the same boat and we all want OGS so it will be nice to see everyone singing this song!

What's your opinion on Moyes then?

Moyes is a good manager who has proved he can do the job on a tight budget year after year, he would be a safe pair of hands.

I would prefer rodgers,lambert or martinez though, i do want a younger manager, i just think there are a few better options at this moment in time than OGS.

I don't see the problem using FIFA as a way of telling players what to do.

If the way I've interpreted it is correct then showing player movement in 3D on a big screen seems quite innovative.

It's not like he gets them to beat the team 5-0, Bent scoring all five, then goes: "that's it chaps, recreate this on the pitch. Sorted, respect due".

You're more than welcome to check through my posting history... I was excited by what I thought Houllier could achieve, but felt he had a huge task ahead of him - he took over the club at the most difficult time. I thought that he did ok, he made some massive PR gaffs but I was willing to forgive him those. I still think that if he'd had a second season (with a full pre-season) we'd have been in a much better place now. Under the right circumstances I still would have welcomed him back as DOF.

I was bitterly disappointed with the appointment of McLeish. However, I love the club and felt I had no choice but to get behind the team and to give him a chance. I extended my good will as much as I possibly could but lived in hope that he was a stop-gap to keep us up during the transition - as he barely managed to do that I was desperate for the board to get rid. I feel no animosity towards him, I don't think he is a "ginger word removed", a Scottish pr*ck or the devil incarnate. I think as a manager he can be proud of some of his achievements but his brand of football is not suited to the expectations and aspirations of the Villa.

I'm very excited by OGS - he's young, hungry, determined to play decent football, universally respected and has said all the right things about our great club. I think he is a possible legend in the making. Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a manager alive who could deliver the immediate success that some of the fan base crave. I think the biggest risk, if he joins, is that he's not given the time and sections of the support start to get on his back and by Christmas we have 'supporters' suggesting Ole Gunner 'relegate us' and that he should 'f*ck off back to Norway.' I wish those supporters would support City instead.

My thoughts almost entirely. I would differ slightly on McLeish as I think he is a very poor manager and I will never understand why the club ever appointed him although I was prepared to give him a chance.

More on topic I think OGS is definitely unproven and is a gamble but for me probably worth taking as I think he may be able to build something at the club.

The really good thing coming out of this whole process is the club is actually very clear about the type of manager they want and are seemingly going for it. Last time round it seemed muddled in the extreme.

You can`t just appoint someone because they are young and used to be a good player, football management is a job like any other and the guy who we go for needs to have proved he can do it.

Like Tito Vilanova you mean? Less experience than OGS and wasn't even a good footballer.

Randy though is doing what a diligent and sensible owner should do, talking to a shortlist of candidates

The biggest issue is this bullshit interview phase which again smacks of lack of football knowledge. If you want a manager, you do your homework first and you go get him. You interview if you dont have the football knowledge to understand WHY you want the manager.

I was saying that once you have identified the man you want, you then meet to finalise the proceedings. You dont arrange interviews in my opinion.

Just wondered whats changed your mind from one extreme to the other?

Just read that he uses fifa 12 to prepare for games. Says it all really, this chap would get exposed big time in the premier league.

I can understand the initial excitement, but i have no idea at all why the thought of this guy managing aston villa has gone down so well online.

You can`t just appoint someone because they are young and used to be a good player, football management is a job like any other and the guy who we go for needs to have proved he can do it.

Obviously he must be crap...what could a CL and Multiple PL winner who has guided his team to their first league title in their history in his debut season have to offer Villa?

Like Tito Vilanova you mean? Less experience than OGS and wasn't even a good footballer.

Additionally, exactly what did Pep Guardiola do before he was Barca manager?

Not trying to compare the 2, but there's nothing wrong with taking a bit of a gamble.

Additionally, exactly what did Pep Guardiola do before he was Barca manager?

Not trying to compare the 2, but there's nothing wrong with taking a bit of a gamble.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for OGS but the difference here is that Guardiola inherited a very good Barcelona team whereas our squad is a shambles at the minute!

Just read that he uses fifa 12 to prepare for games. Says it all really, this chap would get exposed big time in the premier league.

I can understand the initial excitement, but i have no idea at all why the thought of this guy managing aston villa has gone down so well online.

Obviously he must be crap...what could a CL and Multiple PL winner who has guided his team to their first league title in their history in his debut season have to offer Villa?

I'm with Valhalla...let's wait until he proves himself successful with a leading Champions League side and then try to sign him up....oh hang on a second that wouldn't work would it!!

The great things about forums like this is everyone has a right to an opinion.

But after your one man crusade to get Steve McClaren appointed last year, do forgive us if we think yours is utter sh1te.

The reason why he uses Fifa 12, is to understand formations and key areas, At AVFC, he would have the required technology to do this without Fifa 12. He's used initiative to understand the game but hey lets slate him for it. I really think he could be a special manager, and we'd be perfect for him. It will be steady progress but least he won't diss us like the previous two managers, OGS has stated we are a top 6 club, the previous two played us down like we some small time half assed club.

Morning all... ready for another day of craziness?

Couple of things... first of all...

**** RDM. I don't want him! Randy please do not go and get RDM.

Secondly...

Are we aware of where Randy is? Has he flown over today?

Well said Cas, I understand where you are coming from Valhalla but after the "experienced" dross that we have had from Mcleish and how it turned out with Hollier, MoN, Dol etc If RL wants to give a guy with a rap sheet like Cas just spelt out a go then I know I have no problem buying into it.

I personally don't play computer football games (as my lads would easily kick my butt lol) however if this is another tool to get the players to understand their roll in his set up and it works I can't see the problem, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if software like this wasn't being developed now to aid the coaches and managers of the future.

Solskjær says to NRK today that he turned down to talk to several PL clubs during the last week including teams far higher up the table than Villa. All the right comments from OGS, keep them comming!