No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we not all interested in who the other candidates are because I know I am? Don't assume they are Lambert and Martinez. I don't get the OGS obsession. If ours if we want him so that's good, but lets hear the others out.

It doesn't really matter unless the club let slip who the other candidates are, and after the OGS debacle I can't see that happening.

It's not our decision. Unless we somehow find out who the other candidates are then there's no way of Randy et al knowing how we feel about them as potential managers.

At the end of the day, Randy will pick who he and the board agree upon as the best candidate. Us knowing won't make a blind bit of difference to who gets picked, in my opinion.

Daniel, dig out my post from Saturday morning after I'd listened to others on here and watched the OGS YouTube video

Which begs the question how you could be "livid" with his appointment without really having anything to go by?

It doesn't really matter unless the club let slip who the other candidates are, and after the OGS debacle I can't see that happening.

It's not our decision. Unless we somehow find out who the other candidates are then there's no way of Randy et al knowing how we feel about them as potential managers.

At the end of the day, Randy will pick who he and the board agree upon as the best candidate. Us knowing won't make a blind bit of difference to who gets picked, in my opinion.

And us saying who we prefer won't make a blind bit of difference either as we know from bitter experience.

The week ahead could be even better chaps

A new exciting villa manager who plays attacking football

Temperatures reaching 25c

Keane playing Birmingham Friday

Oh yes people, its going to be a good week

You changed your tune pretty quick.

I will be livid if they appoint OGS

Indeed, pretty cringe-worthy how fickle people are.

As someone else who has changed his mind about OGS, I think that's a bit unfair. Fickle would be changing your mind back again. I was against OGS because he's spent most of his career at **** Man Utd, because I didn't realise he'd been coaching their reserves for two years, and because until I saw the videos I knew nothing about him, his personality, his football philosophy or his backroom staff.

Having read nothing but positive posts from Norwegians on this and other sites, and seen the vids, I changed my mind. I think he has something special about him. Worst case scenario: He's only slightly better than McLeish. Best case scenario: He's the man to unite the fans for the first time in years, and build a team of his own, playing winning, attacking football.

Daniel, dig out my post from Saturday morning after I'd listened to others on here and watched the OGS YouTube video

Which begs the question how you could be "livid" with his appointment without really having anything to go by?

I was livid initially as I saw OGS as an ManUre player managing some no mark club in Norway and just thought what a joke

I shot from the hip

Then I did some research and changed my mind

And us saying who we prefer won't make a blind bit of difference either as we know from bitter experience.

Maybe, but I'm not so sure. Credit where it's due, I personally am a lot happier with how Randy and the board have gone about this managerial search so far. They're looking at the right kinds of managers in my opinion, the ones who play the football that I personally have been crying out for even since MON was in charge.

I'd be amazed in Randy hasn't been made aware of the huge response in positivity that villa fans on a whole have shown upon hearing about OGS as a candidate. That's got to make Randy think at least a little. I think that talking to OGS has shown that the board are aware of the fact that we need to move in a different direction and I also think that they have learnt from the backlash from the fans for appointing McLeish.

It all hangs on who gets the nod though. Until someone is appointed, we should all hang back on whether we praise or criticise the board. They've shown a positive approach so far and if they appoint someone that we can all get behind then we should show the board our appreciation just as forcefully as we showed our anger when McLeish was appointed. It works both ways.

Agreed , Lerner has previous in complete disregard for Villa fans.
Well that didn't work out too well in terms of ticket sales, results, or his relationship with the fans. I think he might think differently this time around.

Exactly, I think they have all said what a disaster the last season was. The statement that Villa released after the McLeish sacking was the most damning I've ever read. They are blatantly trying to get the Villa fans back onside.

They made a mistake, they have accepted and learnt from it... I doubt they will do anything like that ever again.

Di matteo Linked big time on the back pages tomorrow.

Yeah with the Chelsea job - Chelsea chairman told sky sports that he is a contender after winning Champions League - Press know diddly squat - we know more on here than they ever will.

They all got the PC all wrong Saturday then back tracked - what's make them so sure - the board are not saying a thing.

Looking more like OGS based on the PC from Rokke and tweets from Norwegian Press etc.

My concern is the Birmingham mail ran a poll last week before all the OGS frenzy which showed lambert was the fans choice

They need to re-run that poll now OGS is a possible

Show randy we want OGS

Di matteo Linked big time on the back pages tomorrow.

He's in the mix for the Chelsea job according to the BBC. In the same article there is a video interview which states there is no time scale for them to find their new boss.. If they aren't in a hurry and we are looking to wrap this up by the end of this week then Di Matteo is out of the running for Villa by default.