No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I'm glad the club are really thinking about this and not rushing in.

OGS clearly wants to come. Why else would he talk about that clause? He could have easily said he didn't want the job.

We seem to be looking at other options and hopefully Lerner makes the right decision.

True true...

Some of the quotes that have come out over the weekend, such as OGS can speak to Villa but if he does there will be consequences. I didn't really think too much about it, but it's obvious now there was a quote else surely they would of just refused permission to speak.

Right now the only explanation for OGS comments are he is either incredibly desperate for the Villa job, or he knows an offer is imminent.

The Villa job is a good one, but there will be many similar opportunities within the next 6 - 12 months. QPR, Wigan etc etc (I know you won't like that, but the reality is we aren't as big as we once were and think we are). So I would like to conclude that he knows an offer is imminent.

Come on Randy, sign him up.

I actually think - that the club statement. We have spoken to some people and have others to see - is most probably true.

Norwich have a friendly tuesday eve - if Lambo wants to talk wednesday would be the logical day. - Although I wouldn't now be surprised if Lambo was never in the frame - is it Martinez v OGS ?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the worst case scenario would be that he turns out to be worse than McLeish?

genuinely not sure that's possible

the guy is a winner, it's in his blood. mcleish on the other hand was happy just not to be too much of a loser. that alone should be enough to actually see even a slight improvement, managerial abilities aside

Agreed. The way I see it - the worst that can happen is that we'll finish roughly where we did this season but we won't be playing the most mind-numbing football ever witnessed.

I don't think RDM will get the Chelsea job. Roman I think still wants change to proper football and not that shyte which we watched last night which made us under Mcleish look exciting.

In which case should we be really turning up our noses at a manager who's just won the Champions League?

As for us not being as attractive as QPR or Wigan that's nonsense. OGS has already said he's had offers from other Premier League clubs but felt he should talk to us because we are such a big club. AVFC is undoubtedly a coup for Ole and Sir Alex has probably told him likewise.

If not having a blues boss was bad, a baggies one that got sacked!

christ

who gives a toss what teams they used to manage

did you not get a bit sick of hearing that villa fans only hated mcleish because he was ex blues, despite us all know that it was because he was shit?

Just playing catch-up on this after being off-line since Friday.

Randy meets OGS but it's just a chat

Molde owner not happy

OGS states he has a 2 year contract and is going to honour it

OGS leak contents of a private conversation with OGS

OGS says he will leave if Villa offer the job.

Is that about right?

If so, will Randy not take the third line as his prompt? If OGS said he wouldn't leave for Villa until the club p'd him off, would Randy still want?

Surely the worst case scenario would be that he turns out to be worse than McLeish?

genuinely not sure that's possible

the guy is a winner, it's in his blood. mcleish on the other hand was happy just not to be too much of a loser. that alone should be enough to actually see even a slight improvement, managerial abilities aside

:) This.

Obviously, technically, he COULD be worse than McLeish, but...

Molde owner not happy

Is that about right?

If so, will Randy not take the third line as his prompt? If OGS said he wouldn't leave for Villa until the club p'd him off, would Randy still want?

third line never happened

he said that as of now he's got a 2 year contract and is molde manager, and that he has had no offers of a contract from villa

Can't see it. I think after the Champions League win RDM will get the Chelsea job. I wouldn't want him at Villa but from a Chelsea perspective it would be hard to deny him the job.

Out of interest Mantis, Why wouldnt you want him?

It's not so much that I wouldn't want him. He's obviously a massive step up from McLeish and I'd take him over the likes of Bruce, Curbishley and McCarthy. However, I'd much prefer OGS for example over RDM. People on here made good points with regards to RDM and about how his success with Chelsea has been mainly down to letting the Chelsea old guard have their own way.

Also, he's a Chelsea legend. I know OGS is a United legend but that's as a player. As a manager he could be our man, bit like Moyes at Everton for example. We need a manager to come in and make a name for himself here and stay with us for a long time.

I think thats a bit harsh to say its down to the Old Guard getting their own way? Would that include playing Frank Lampard more often than AVB. IS that to give Frank his 'own way' or to put your biggest goal threat (Thinks hes top scorer this year) into the team?

Also, - give the old guard their own way or stick sausages up your arse on the sideline, if it wins champions league trophies who gives a shit? - Not that I believe RDM would win the champs league with us.

However, I do agree. I think every other candidate has begun to look shite because of the OGS link. Suddenly Paul Lambert doesnt seem that appealing to me, nor Martinez.

Id prefer OGS to RDM, but if it was RDM, I think once the dust settled, wed all have reason to be very happy. Me included.

Molde owner not happy

Is that about right?

he said that as of now he's got a 2 year contract and is molde manager, and that he has had no offers of a contract from villa

Well that clears up my confusion then. Much appreciated!

If not having a blues boss was bad, a baggies one that got sacked!

christ

who gives a toss what teams they used to manage

did you not get a bit sick of hearing that villa fans only hated mcleish because he was ex blues, despite us all know that it was because he was shit?

Big Ron managed the baggies before he managed us, and he was far from shit!

Can't see it. I think after the Champions League win RDM will get the Chelsea job. I wouldn't want him at Villa but from a Chelsea perspective it would be hard to deny him the job.

Out of interest Mantis, Why wouldnt you want him?

It's not so much that I wouldn't want him. He's obviously a massive step up from McLeish and I'd take him over the likes of Bruce, Curbishley and McCarthy. However, I'd much prefer OGS for example over RDM. People on here made good points with regards to RDM and about how his success with Chelsea has been mainly down to letting the Chelsea old guard have their own way.

Also, he's a Chelsea legend. I know OGS is a United legend but that's as a player. As a manager he could be our man, bit like Moyes at Everton for example. We need a manager to come in and make a name for himself here and stay with us for a long time.

I think thats a bit harsh to say its down to the Old Guard getting their own way? Would that include playing Frank Lampard more often than AVB. IS that to give Frank his 'own way' or to put your biggest goal threat (Thinks hes top scorer this year) into the team?

Also, - give the old guard their own way or stick sausages up your arse on the sideline, if it wins champions league trophies who gives a shit? - Not that I believe RDM would win the champs league with us.

However, I do agree. I think every other candidate has begun to look shite because of the OGS link. Suddenly Paul Lambert doesnt seem that appealing to me, nor Martinez.

Id prefer OGS to RDM, but if it was RDM, I think once the dust settled, wed all have reason to be very happy. Me included.

The difference between us and Chelsea is that their old guard and have won things and are still very good where as our old guard are incredibly shit and have won zilch. As I keep on saying, we need a revolution, not someone that's just going to get the best out of what we have.

Molde owner not happy

Is that about right?

4th line never happened either - OGS did not leak comments made by OGS - it was the CEO of Molde that did that - otherwise correct!!!

Molde owner not happy

Is that about right?

4th line never happened either - OGS did not leak comments made by OGS - it was the CEO of Molde that did that - otherwise correct!!!

Yeah - sorry - that bit I knew - just typed OGS instead of Molde for some reason.

"Ole Gunnar Solskjær har avslått flere forespørsler fra Premier League-klubber denne uka. – Det var klubber som havnet høyere på tabellen enn Aston Villa, faktisk, sier Solskjær til NRK."

OGS said today to norwegian media NRK, that he has turned down the possibilities of talking to other clubs this week. Clubs that finished higher than Aston Villa in the PL this year. But he was flattered by Villa.

"Ole Gunnar Solskjær har avslått flere forespørsler fra Premier League-klubber denne uka. – Det var klubber som havnet høyere på tabellen enn Aston Villa, faktisk, sier Solskjær til NRK."

OGS said today to norwegian media NRK, that he has turned down the possibilities of talking to other clubs this week. Clubs that finished higher than Aston Villa in the PL this year. But he was flattered by Villa.

WBA/Liverpool im guessing?