No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

You love him don't ya... Wink

Who OSG or Gazton.

Never met both ... but I do have insight into how Gazton knows stuff.

Yeah Gazton has always been pretty spot on with his "contact" :D

Though, I think this deal has become more complex than originally thought.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great going The Trees. You got our new manager in trouble! :-P

butterfly effect, because of the trees info i stuck my months wages on solskjaer at 33/1, now that money looks lost so i cant pay my rent, which means i shall be ejected from my abode so i will be homeless having to perform sexual favours in car parks for a living,

thanks thetrees.

:D

Molde fan here. If Villa decides to go for Ole, I think it eventually will boil down to three key issues whether he accepts the offer or not:

1. His family. How keen are they to head abroad some 18 months after moving back home?

2. Randy Lerner. Ole has repeatedly said (in the past) that when you choose a club, you also choose its owner. I'm not talking finances here, but rather what kind of history the owner has had with his managers. He won't go to Villa based on the size of the club alone.

3. Finally, he probably needs Fergie's blessings.

Here's hoping you go for someone else at this point, obviously, and come back in a few years time :D

Not looking good folks

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/bty5yw7

Ole Gunnar Solskjær says he will not be taking the Aston Villa job, but doesn't seem happy

Posted by SPORT WITNESS on May 19, 2012 at 12:12 in Sport Witness FootballView Discussions.

Manchester United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjær says at this stage he will not be taking the managerial position at Premier League strugglers Aston Villa. The Norwegian has guided Molde to the league title and after the midlands club sacked Alex McLeish, he was asked if he'd like to speak to the club.

Molde let him travel to England but wanted it to remain a secret. Of course that isn't what happened and it's made big news in Norway with the club being angry about developments. Molde even lost a long term sponsor yesterday as the hype reached silly heights.

In a TV interview today covered by Dagbladet, the Norwegian said he's staying at Molde for the rest of his two year contract but appeared angry and frustrated with the situation.

The former striker insisted that he had been given permission to speak to Aston Villa and was clearly unhappy with how things had developed in Norway. He was asked if he felt Molde still trusted him and replied 'Yes'.

Despite insisting he's staying, he also said he doesn't know if Villa will come back and talk to him again. When asked if he plans to talk to the Molde chairman he said asked the reporter if they required to know when he goes to the toilet.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær also said that he'd turned down several Premier League jobs and offers from teams in the Champions League, Molde are clearly desperate to keep him but it seems they may have pushed the manager too far.

The missus could have stayed at home with the kids as OGS was only over for a day maximum. There's more to this than just an informal chat because he wanted experience. Plus RL spunked a fair wedge on getting him over here quickly and I'm sure Mrs OGS would rather stay at home with the family than come over to stare at a hotel room or scuttle round the Bullring for 4 hours.

Never underestimate the pulling power that shopping has!

:lol:

Not looking good folks

Ole Gunnar Solskjær says he will not be taking the Aston Villa job, but doesn't seem happy

Posted by SPORT WITNESS on May 19, 2012 at 12:12 in Sport Witness FootballView Discussions.

Manchester United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjær says at this stage he will not be taking the managerial position at Premier League strugglers Aston Villa. The Norwegian has guided Molde to the league title and after the midlands club sacked Alex McLeish, he was asked if he'd like to speak to the club.

Molde let him travel to England but wanted it to remain a secret. Of course that isn't what happened and it's made big news in Norway with the club being angry about developments. Molde even lost a long term sponsor yesterday as the hype reached silly heights.

In a TV interview today covered by Dagbladet, the Norwegian said he's staying at Molde for the rest of his two year contract but appeared angry and frustrated with the situation.

The former striker insisted that he had been given permission to speak to Aston Villa and was clearly unhappy with how things had developed in Norway. He was asked if he felt Molde still trusted him and replied 'Yes'.

Despite insisting he's staying, he also said he doesn't know if Villa will come back and talk to him again. When asked if he plans to talk to the Molde chairman he said asked the reporter if they required to know when he goes to the toilet.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær also said that he'd turned down several Premier League jobs and offers from teams in the Champions League, Molde are clearly desperate to keep him but it seems they may have pushed the manager too far.

He did at no point say that he will not take the job.. this seems like a typical article with a bad headline to generate hits.

im norwegian and saw the PC, first of all he was allowed to meet RL and PF, but when the news about the private jet broke the leaders in molde FC thought that it was to much publicity and that he should not go to birmingham. second thing is this was ABSOLUTLEY a big plea to villa come get me. if we want him we will have him, no doubt. ball is on our court now.

Backing this one as a fellow norwegian that watched the press conference.

He didnt JUST say "I have two years left on my contract and I intend to stay".

He said "in football, as with any other jobs or anything else in life for that matter, you have no guarantees. Things show up and you have to deal with situations as they arises. I cant say that we will keep all of our players just because they are under contract. It depends on them, the club and the timing and quality of the offer. I am an ambitious man, I have made it no secret that i want to manage in england one day. That being said, I do want to stress that i have not been out looking for a job. I have not contacted anyone, but rather been contacted. i have already turned down a few premier league clubs and even champion league clubs that wanted to talk to me. When Aston Villa contacted me however, and offered me a private jet so that I would be ready for training the lads the next day, I wanted to speak to them. I contacted the owner (of molde) and was given the green light to do so. In that manner, the only thing I am sorry about is all this hassle that came out of it. There has not been contract negotiation. I have not been offered a job at Aston Villa. We have simply met to get to know each other. They will also speak to other candidates and I do not know whats going to happen from here. So as of today I have two years left on my contract and I intend to stay."

Meaning, since he hasnt been offered a job elsewhere. He obviously intends to stay :)

Not looking good folks

Thats just a twist of his words from that interview, nothing new to see here.

Situation is still the same, if he gets offered the Villa job, then I think he's ours.

One thing this is doing is putting pressure on AVFC to move fast, as this pressure he's getting over in Norway is unfair and its also unfair to leave him in the balance while this is going on.

If they are going to interview Lambo or anyone else, they ought to get it all done by mon/tue at the latest.

If he was our number one choice I believe Randy would have stepped in when the storm broke out.

I think the exposure his trip has had could of put his appointment in jeopardy if he was to be offered the job. The owner and board could make this messy and dig their heels in. The only thing would be OGS to walk out in the club and don't he or Villa want that.

Shame because he was one of me top two choices; glad I never put any money on it though. ;)

Ole Gunnar Solskjær says at this stage he will not be taking the managerial position at Premier League strugglers Aston Villa.

I think that is the key part of the opening sentence. He says he won't take the job at this stage which is true he can't take a job until it is formally offered to him.

Despite insisting he's staying, he also said he doesn't know if Villa will come back and talk to him again.

It sounds to me like he's playing up the fact that he's unhappy, but he has to be the model professional until he knows exactly what Villa are planning. If he says right now "If Villa come for me Monday I'll be leaving after all this" and Villa never come, he'll probably be out of a job anyway so he needs to play this down as much as possible for the sake of his current job more than anything.

Not looking good folks

That article is flawed. And in no way did he say he would not take the job. In fact, there were no direct questions about the Villa as such. It was all polite and political, because as of yet he has no concrete offer. Reading between the lines, and trust me that was not hard, he would love to get that offer and he would love to take the job.

In no way did he say he was staying for the reminder of his contract either. He said he had a two year contract, but that is just stating obvious facts. Huge difference, and everytime he had the chance to deny his departure, he stated what we as Villa-fans (if you want him of course) want to hear.

Couldn't stop chuckling at tweet about OSG having won more games already at Villa Park than McLeish.

Harsh but true.

I think we're all just going to have to have a Cadbury's Caramac with BOF and chill guys and see what pans out

with all this in the coming days and weeks.

I watched the documentary this morning and am now certain that this is the man for us. Everything about him tells me he will do well for us. OK he would inevitably leave as soon as Man Utd came in for him but to do that he would have to have done a successful job here and that is what we all want anyway - success. If he did leave at least we would be in a better position than we are now!

- He is motivated and driven.

- He is well respected within the game.

- He has vast knowledge of the Premier League.

- He is young and in touch with the modern game.

- He sets his teams up to play entertaining, attacking football.

- He has the game's best ever manager on call when he needs him.

- He has the support of the fans and will get time to do it his way.

- He is a winner.

Randy, stop stalling and go get him in ASAP!

He seems like he wants to come, but the only problem I see is if Randy would come back to OGS after this shitstorm?

I think Randy will. If they have any decent researchers the club should already know by scouting local radio and the internet that he's a popular choice. I don't think the actions of a club affect the getting of a manager, if it did we wouldn't be seemingly looking at Martinez as his chairman was a word removed about it last year..

My only worry is Randy's notorious aversion to controversy and conflict.

It strikes me that, given a choice between fighting dirty to get the right man, and having a smooth, gentlemanly road to a lesser candidate, he will always choose the latter. He's too nice, and he needs to get the gloves off and be decisive.

Perhaps Randy wanted to cause a shitstorm, although he probably didn't realise how big the shitstorm would grow to be.

If he had really wanted to keep it low key and ensure that he met his man and got him back to his point of origin at the appointed hour he has sufficient funds to hire a private jet or helicopter that would not be registered to him or any of his companies and he could have avoided all this.

I smell another Villa screw up in the making.......... if OGS is the man and it appears majority of fans are happy with that choice, then we should have pulled the trigger. Now anything could happen. When it comes to knowing what to do in these type of situations ... in RL and PF I do not trust. Do they want to do the right thing yes, do they try to do the right thing yes. Do they have a history of doing the right thing NO!

People are just believing what they want to believe on here. The OGS lovers (who probably wouldn't want him if he had ginger hair) won't accept any hint that he isn't coming. They don't want to believe it.

The truth is there are other candidates (fact) and it maybe somewhat unlikely now Randy would go back for Ole after the trouble it's caused with their club. (which was Randy's/thetrees fault for sending the non-discreet jet over).

There is the reality folks. Deal with it please!

Couldn't stop chuckling at tweet about OSG having won more games already at Villa Park than McLeish.

Harsh but true.

I think we're all just going to have to have a Cadbury's Caramac with BOF and chill guys and see what pans out

with all this in the coming days and weeks.

Caramac isn't made by Cadbury. Do you mean Caramel? :winkold:

I agree people need to take it easy. This could have a long way to go yet.