No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole is ours... if he was staying, he would of said so by now. Molde just doing the normal hardball to up the compensation. I'm 95% he will be our manager now.
But he just said he intends to stay. :?

He said he has a contract didn't he? That means compensation to sort out?

He's just stating the obvious. We haven't made an offer because we want to interview other candidates. He's not going to say he wants to come to us without an offer on the table. Sensible really. That can easily change.

I do not buy into this guys, what he is basically saying is what Molde wants him to say to the media at this time.

"Looking forward" - but not discarding an approach on monday.

"Not looking for a new job" - to assure that he has not sent his CV anywhere, but the other way around - we came for him

A very polite press gathering, nothing new to see here.

If we give him an offer he will come, I am 100% sure of that.

Guys, he is hardly going to turn around and say that he is leaving is he. I believe every thing he is saying, he may well be staying, but surely that is because we haven't offered him the job yet.

If we offer him the job I really do think he will take it. He might well think that chances like this don't come along everyday and it seems a little strange for him to come over to England and for Randy to get a jet out to him just for a little chat.

Whan asked by journalist when he is going to talk to Molde owner Røkke, OGS answers "Do you want to know when I´m going to the toilet as well?" The media asking more questions about Molde and the owner than Villa at the moment.

"I haven't had any offers, and I'm not looking for a new job. My contract runs for two more years and I intend to stay here."

Time to look elsewhere.

He's under contract and he's telling the truth that he hasn't had a job offer .... yet! What else could he say?

I'm only reading a twitter feed, but it sounds as though he is answering everything as you would expect him to answer, given the scenario. All very generic answers... he said he has ambitions to manager in the PL, that he has 2 years left on his contract. The other dude said that there had been a breakdown of trust...

Reading between the lines I think he wants to become manager, we want him as manager but we just need to sort out the situation regarding compensation.

Do you expect to hear anything from Villa?

"That is up to them. We will take it when that comes around"

Will you take another trip if offered?

"We will have to deal with that when and if it happens"

I don't think this necessarily means anything either way. He is basically not saying anything concrete, except for the known facts. At the moment there is no concrete offer so the way he sees it he has a 2 year contract and there is no reason that he won't fulfill that.

He is not saying he will stay if he does get an offer, which is the important part for me. Reading between the lines I think if he is offered the job then he will take it.