Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

If this is how he plays when looking for a new contract then in my opinion he should leave, you can not have a player on his money who is only effective in 10% of games over a season.

Fair assessment. 

I don't think he would have done any better. If a team doesn't play a high line, Gabby is pretty useless.

He would've occupied their defenders and potentially created a bit more space. I'd rather we have in the team given the current available squad.

Like he's "occupied" defenders in all other home games?

He's just like Andi. Stands right next to the center backs and often will stand right next to the other striker.

He has no sense of spacing and position. He's faster than Andi but that is nullified when the opposing team just sits deep.

• Like 2

Regardless of his wages he was sorely missed yesterday and we definately need him back next week against Palace

His good displays this season have almost exclusively come away from home so there is no reason to assume that.

• Like 1

Is there any news on his new contract? I'm assuming he is on around 50k a week so if his new contract isn't a decrease in wages I'd be pretty miffed that our tiny wage budget wasn't used elsewhere. Gabby is a passenger too many times, I can't quite decide whether he lacks the football brain to do better or if he is simply happy to not make a mistake. 

If we had 2 wide players who could actually play football we would be in a lot better shape. Gabby & andi never take a touch and look to take players on. There game is based on athleticism which is nower near enuff. Swap out gabby & andi for players of sigurdson/Moses/Redmond etc quality and there will be a massive difference.

Edited by dakid007

Is there any news on his new contract? I'm assuming he is on around 50k a week so if his new contract isn't a decrease in wages I'd be pretty miffed that our tiny wage budget wasn't used elsewhere. Gabby is a passenger too many times, I can't quite decide whether he lacks the football brain to do better or if he is simply happy to not make a mistake.

Gabby biggest problem is his pace. It's got him thru so many seasons. He is never in control of the ball, he can't dribble at all, doesn't gave any tricks, his shooting technique is horrible. He is a very limited footbal player. Gabby would get embarrassed playing 5 a side down power league.

• Like 1

If he plays, I'd be pretty surprised if he put in a good performance.

The exact sort of team he struggles against. Palace will sit deep and play compact, taking away Gabby's game.

Â