Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I liken Gabby to that nephew that everyone has - you know the one - always breaks something at whatever family gathering is going on. Everytime he misses a one on one I chuckle and say to myself 'awwwwwwww Gaaaabbbbyyyy'. My personal opinion is that he should spend the rest of his football career with us.

• Like 3

I would still characterize Gabby as our talisman. Love him and really he should have got an England call up to play against Ireland and Brazil, but unfortunately for Gabby he doesn't play for the op 5. He was at times unplayable at the tail end of last season. Whats particularly impressed me with Gabby is how far he's come technically. Last season I saw him pinging cross field balls and his passing and link up play has come on heaps and bounds. When he's on form theirs not many English wingers better than him.

When he is on form I don't think there are any English strikers that can play the lone forward role as well as him, I really think he could do a job for England in the games where we are mostly on the back foot.

• Like 1

I would still characterize Gabby as our talisman. Love him and really he should have got an England call up to play against Ireland and Brazil, but unfortunately for Gabby he doesn't play for the op 5. He was at times unplayable at the tail end of last season. Whats particularly impressed me with Gabby is how far he's come technically. Last season I saw him pinging cross field balls and his passing and link up play has come on heaps and bounds. When he's on form theirs not many English wingers better than him.

When he is on form I don't think there are any English strikers that can play the lone forward role as well as him, I really think he could do a job for England in the games where we are mostly on the back foot.

He doesn't play for Liverpool or one of the top clubs so Hodgson will never pick him. It's strange, because Gabby's very good physically and could definitely play well with Hodgson's pre-historic caveman football. How the likes of Welbeck and Andy **** Carroll get called up ahead of him is beyond me.

Doesn't seem to bother Gabby too much though. Didn't he come out recently saying Villa will always be more important to him than England?

Edited by Mantis

I can't remember a more clutch player in my time supporting Villa. Don't know how one man can be in the right place at the right time so often.

Clutch player? Never heard that phrase before

Go into the New York Giants thread. The 2 Giants fans use it every other sentence ;)

In that case we want none of this sort of talk on a web site about a British football team. Harrumph!

Of course I love Benteke & Weimann but deep down Gabby will always be my favourite. Hasn't been as good as he used to be a few years ago but his form really picked up in the 2nd half of last season, I'm hoping he'll be able to push on and keep it going!

12 goals from 28 starts ( + 5 as sub ) is really not a bad return for essentially a wide player ( better than 1 in 3 ). He also got 3 winners in games against fellow relegation strugglers ( Sunderland, Reading and Norwich ) and also the crucial equaliser against QPR which shows just how important he is to us. I do think he's growing into this wide forward role and if he can have a similar or better season this time, I'll be well happy

• Like 1

He doesn't play for Liverpool or one of the top clubs so Hodgson will never pick him. It's strange, because Gabby's very good physically and could definitely play well with Hodgson's pre-historic caveman football. How the likes of Welbeck and Andy **** Carroll get called up ahead of him is beyond me.

Doesn't seem to bother Gabby too much though. Didn't he come out recently saying Villa will always be more important to him than England?

Amazing that Welbeck(who scored 1 goal all season) gets ahead of Gabby. But I guess its Gabby's fault for not being a youngster who plays for Man Utd.

I can't remember a more clutch player in my time supporting Villa. Don't know how one man can be in the right place at the right time so often.

Clutch player? Never heard that phrase before

Go into the New York Giants thread. The 2 Giants fans use it every other sentence ;)

Do yanks even know what a 'clutch' is?  :D

I dont think Gabby wants to play for England, didnt he reject a few call-ups under Capello and maybe Hodgson doesnt want him if not fully commited to the cause

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2355740/WAGs-train-charity-football-match.html

Apparently Emile Heskey's wife has organised a WAG football game for charity this is her in action

article-0-1AA454F5000005DC-446_634x453.j

Then i noticed Agbonlahor's Missus was involved as well

article-0-1AA45519000005DC-691_634x428.j

She's the one in white in the centre. Looks quite composed on the ball

I dont think Gabby wants to play for England, didnt he reject a few call-ups under Capello and maybe Hodgson doesnt want him if not fully commited to the cause

Not that I remember. Think he might have pulled out a couple of times because of injury but that's it. Let's face it, Hodgson would pick Gabby if he played for one of the top clubs or Liverpool.

Â