Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Bar his goal, I thought he didnt offer much threat. That said I thought it was one of the best games Ive ever seen Gabby play. Great hold up play! Great touch. A side of Gabby Ive never seen before! Keep it up!

He has adapted to the very different styles of 5 managers now and has been pretty consistent throughout his 8 seasons with us. That makes him unique in the current squad. I guess his most sticky patch was with Foolier who criticised him a lot in public (although he seemed to do that with a lot of players) but still seemed to play him in a lot of games.

Thought he had an important part in our win today, not just his goal, and he would have been my MOTM if it hadn't been for Lowton's wonderful, stupendous goal.

1 goal away from being our all time premier league scorer. Fair play to Gabby but this really shows we haven't had many great strikers at the club and any we have had we're unable to hold on to.

We should never have sold Savo :)

One of his better games of the season today, hopefully he'll keep it up. That dive was shameful, though.

I think that's the first time i've ever seen him dive, its not something you'd asscociate with him so I was rather surprised when he did it. Hope its a one off.

• Like 1

A Villa fan through and through, though a Villa legend just waters down the strength of the word legend.

He may now hold the joint record with Yorke, though Yorke was with us prior to the Premier League being formed wasn't he?

Glad he is in our team though would be very worried if he was our main striker.

A Villa fan through and through, though a Villa legend just waters down the strength of the word legend.

He may now hold the joint record with Yorke, though Yorke was with us prior to the Premier League being formed wasn't he?

Yes, Yorke got 97 goals altogether for us - Gabby has 71 - it's something for him to aim at. If he gets a hundred then that legend tag will be justified.

Yes, Yorke got 97 goals altogether for us - Gabby has 71 - it's something for him to aim at. If he gets a hundred then that legend tag will be justified.

Can't believe Gabby is still only 26, I keep thinking he is much older for some reason (maybe because his hair seems to be thinning!)

I can see him hitting 100 goals for us and when/if he does perhaps he will go down in the same category as Ian Taylor in folklore but to call him a legend at the moment is a bit OTT IMO.

I looked at the stats between Gabby and Weimann, who have both been great this season, imo. 

Gabby's got 8 goals in 24 appearances in the league, and 10 goals in 28 appearances overall. 

Weimann's got 6 goals in 24 appearances in the league, and 11 goals in 32 appearances overall. 

Gabby's best season for the club was 16 goals in 46 appearances, so for the amount of games he has played he has been having almost as good a season as he has ever had for Villa, and not playing as the main striker besides. I think the front three as a unit are class as I'm sure most will agree, and as I see it there is no coincidence that Gabby coming back from injury has coincided with our much much better run of form. He is an outlet this season when we counter—he rarely loses the ball and he comes deep to collect/runs the channels and his passing has improved greatly and happily he is scoring goals again. For someone who doesn't always come across as the sharpest how he has developed his game has impressed. 

A very important player for Villa I think, and if he had been fit all season I fancy we'd be in a much better position.  

One of the highest earners at the club and this hardly ever gets mentioned in the tone of voice as it dose with bent, ireland given ect.

I think that's because he earned his way to the money through long service for the club unlike the players you mention.

He may not be performing on par with his salary atm but the reason he's on such high wages is because he scored goals and played well for Aston Villa. Not becase it's the best move his agent could get for him when leaving his former club.

At least for me that's why i don't have any real issue over Gabbys salary

Â