Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

good to hear that he played well, looks like hes gonna get a decent run of games now. I dont particularly like him but if hes gonna play then I hope he starts scoring soon and pays the club back for this opportunity.

• Like 1

He's useful at the moment because he doesn't need the ball to feet - with Rudy we could launch long hopeful balls to him, Kodjia can chase a ball into space and Gaby can chase a ball into the corner and into space - Adomah, Grealish and McCormack all like the ball passed to them and we're not very good at that. Right now Gabby is the only forward option we've got that doesn't need passes played into his feet.

Its nice to hear that he played well, and maybe I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face, but i just can't forgive him for the last few years. 

10 hours ago, Hanky said:

Did well when he came on, ran the channels, put himself about and created himself a couple of chances. 

I'm glad he's made an impact, seeing as we are really short of options at the moment. But seriously, how low have we actually fallen when it's deemed good enough for professional football players to simply 'run the channels' and 'put themselves about'. Anyone that's ever played the game can do this. 

To me this is by far the biggest problem we've had for several years now, so many first team players simply stealing a living, and fans defending them with nonsense like this. No more excuses please. Get rid. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought he was excellent this afternoon. He terrorised their defence, they couldn't handle him. Very unlucky not to walk away the hero.

THAT is the Gabby I remember. Finally! Fair play to him, it's only been what, 3 years :D

Really, you thought he was excellent!? Did we win the game? How many goals did he score? How many chances did he create? 

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

How many chances did he create? 

At least one. And he created it all by himself and for himself.

You know those situations where gabby runs after the ball, picks it up out wide and then loses it after doing **** all?

Well it was like that, except he didn't lose it, he took it round a couple of players, worked it inside and had a good shot which was well saved.

I'd stop short of saying he was excellent. But from what I saw he did look like he played well.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes. 

I'm sure I said that?

Obviously I disagree, and find it quite unbelievable how anyone could think he was excellent, given we lost the game, and managed only 3 shots on target. 

Edited by vreitti

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Obviously I disagree, and find it quite unbelievable how anyone could think he was excellent, given we lost the game, and managed only 3 shots on target. 

As one example of many, Guzan was excellent when we lost 8-0 to Chelsea, it is possible. He created something out of nothing which is what he has to do with the midfield, or lack thereof, currently playing for the club

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought he was excellent this afternoon. He terrorised their defence, they couldn't handle him. Very unlucky not to walk away the hero.

THAT is the Gabby I remember. Finally! Fair play to him, it's only been what, 3 years :D

The bar has been set pretty low for this guy for that 45 min display to be described as excellent.

if he terrorised the Cardiff defence, how would you describe Kodjas recent performances?

5 minutes ago, vreitti said:

OMG. That is incredible. 

No. it's not incredible. 

But then again nobody has said it's incredible.

You seem to have taken it very hard that a couple of people have said he actually played alright. Surely it's a good thing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Sounds like he deserves a new 4 year contract then. Wouldn't want to lose an talent like that.

You, and others, seem to be taking my post as some sort of high praise for Agbonlahor.

It wasn't. It was an example of a chance he created, in response to the question of whether he had created any.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vreitti said:

By that logic, kodjia is shit as well as we have lost games with him on the team. Bunn is shit when we've kept a clean sheet because he hasnt made many saves.

What does a single player looking "excellent" mean to you? is it possible for us to win and certain players to still play poorly and vice versa?

Has Chester not been excellent?

Come off it ffs the reach is next level here with some.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By that logic, kodjia is shit as well as we have lost games with him on the team. Bunn is shit when we've kept a clean sheet because he hasnt made many saves.

What does a single player looking "excellent" mean to you? is it possible for us to win and certain players to still play poorly and vice versa?

Has Chester not been excellent?

Come off it ffs the reach is next level here with some.

Sure it's possible for individual players to be excellent, even in games we play poorly, and loose. And vice versa. I suppose being 'excellent' is often highly subjective, dependent upon the viewer in question. For instance when we lost 8-0 to Chelsea, I'd argue that Lamps was excellent, as he scored 4 times. Others might argue that Guzan was excellent. Some might even argue that they both were excellent that day. Each to his own I guess.

Chester has been good this season IMHO. I would say he's been excellent, no.

I sincerely apologize for not being on your level.

Â