Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So then he brought him on to coach the players on the pitch? Isn't that the captains responsbility? 

Dunno. Maybe he was feeling a bit of a devil and brought him on specifically to upset the small band of VT posters whose pleasure in us winning seems to be ruined if Gabby has contributed in any way. ;)

• Like 4

Gabby, at best these days, is an average player. However, of the things he is accused of, there is somebody worse. For laziness, there is Micah and Veretout. For disrespecting the club, its Delph, and daylight between second ( Lescott). For being disappointing, there is a bunch of players to choose from, but none of them, or the others I have mentioned are a poster boy pariah like Gabby is. Except maybe Westwood.

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Dunno. Maybe he was feeling a bit of a devil and brought him on specifically to upset the small band of VT posters whose pleasure in us winning seems to be ruined if Gabby has contributed in any way. ;)

That's not correct in any way shape or form at all - however you can forget it if you think I will be changing my view on him any time soon. Do I want him in the squad hell no- do I want us to win every game we play- yes of course I do - regardless of him being in the squad or not. 

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Got to say mate I completely disagree he was pretty poor. There was one moment when the ball went forward to him and his first touch was like league two standard.

the only thing he did in my opinion was good at running the clock down in final few minutes. 

You talk as if that's a trivial matter, when that's what he was brought on to do. 'Good at running the clock down' is exactly what you want from a substitute brought on when 1-0 up away from home, when you're under a bit of pressure. 

Another way of saying the same thing would be to say 'he did his job perfectly'. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AJ said:

Gabby, at best these days, is an average player. However, of the things he is accused of, there is somebody worse. For laziness, there is Micah and Veretout. For disrespecting the club, its Delph, and daylight between second ( Lescott). For being disappointing, there is a bunch of players to choose from, but none of them, or the others I have mentioned are a poster boy pariah like Gabby is. Except maybe Westwood.

I would say that Gabby disrespected the club far more and over a far longer period of time than Delph.

People forget that Delph could have walked out on a free, instead he signed a contract that guaranteed us £8m.

Gabby has cost us at least that in wages whilst smoking shisha pipes and partying.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You talk as if that's a trivial matter, when that's what he was brought on to do. 'Good at running the clock down' is exactly what you want from a substitute brought on when 1-0 up away from home, when you're under a bit of pressure. 

Another way of saying the same thing would be to say 'he did his job perfectly'. 

So we pay however amount of wages per week for someone to do the very basic requirement of a pro footballer and get lauded for doing so- whilst doing what  with a ball at his feet? IMO - no thank you.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

If they had scored a equaliser Bruce would have got crucified off bringing him on. Gab is a striker and offers absolutely nothing as a offensive striker. If he wants him on fir merely time wasting bring him on for final five minutes not 20! My opinion is Rudy should have been on the pitch a lot sooner than gabby

9 hours ago, hippo said:

When a players contribution is 'brought space for others' - you know he's had a rough afternoon.

Yep £70K/week and he makes space. :(

Pay me half that and I will run at people all afternoon. And probably be better on the ball if I ever got hold of it. On a positive note, I did see him manage to make a pass to one of our own players against QPR, so definite improvement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJ said:

Oh come on, it is a pretty close fight who gets most abuse, Westwood or Gabby.  :-)   And Westwood is probably the better footballer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I would say that Gabby disrespected the club far more and over a far longer period of time than Delph.

People forget that Delph could have walked out on a free, instead he signed a contract that guaranteed us £8m.

Gabby has cost us at least that in wages whilst smoking shisha pipes and partying.

Bollocks about Delph. You are forgetting what he said at the time he signed a new contract. As for Gabby, all players still get paid whether they are selected or not.  What he or any other player is not playing does, I couldnt care less, as long as they are not hurting anybody. He went overseas to a party and smoked a shisha pipe. Whoopie freaking doo.

Â