Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

12 minutes ago, Dave J said:

People can say whatever they wish - but I'm telling you now - it's a worry that Bruce very clearly rates this guy!  We are stuck with him in January.

Ah yes the renowned football expert Dave J "telling us now" that it's a worry that the far less experienced Steve Bruce rates him. 

It's got me questioning why we didn't hire Dave J instead of Bruce really. Doctor Tony out! :P

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

Ah yes the renowned football expert Dave J "telling us now" that it's a worry that the far less experienced Steve Bruce rates him. 

It's got me questioning why we didn't hire Dave J instead of Bruce really. Doctor Tony out! :P

I've never once claimed that title- so that's entirely your own words and certainly not mine- it's quite ridiculous of you to say so as well - with all due respect. I am happy to change it to in my opinion if this suits you more so- I am happy to stand by my thoughts however .

22 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I've never once claimed that title- so that's entirely your own words and certainly not mine- it's quite ridiculous of you to say so as well - with all due respect. I am happy to change it to in my opinion if this suits you more so- I am happy to stand by my thoughts however .

I was only pulling your leg. I think Bruce is thinking IF he can get anywhere near having Gabby at the level he was 5 or so years ago then we have a good player to help us at this level. The African nations is going to be affecting our forward line and Gabby is collecting a big wage, so why not get him working hard and giving him some opportunities?

You could argue it would be better to give Andre Green a chance and I wouldn't disagree with this. Either way I trust Bruce to do what he thinks is best. 

42 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

I was only pulling your leg. I think Bruce is thinking IF he can get anywhere near having Gabby at the level he was 5 or so years ago then we have a good player to help us at this level. The African nations is going to be affecting our forward line and Gabby is collecting a big wage, so why not get him working hard and giving him some opportunities?

You could argue it would be better to give Andre Green a chance and I wouldn't disagree with this. Either way I trust Bruce to do what he thinks is best. 

The Gabby you speak of though is in my opinion a distant memory- and in all honesty and again in my humble opinion is not good enough- even at this level. My apologies though for not seeing that you were only having a laugh- my bad :-)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dukes said:

A waste of a shirt. Let's hope Hepburn-Murphy signs a contract soon so we can see the future rather than this moron from yesteryear.

Like I've said in the Hepburn-Murphy thread: it's wrong to support Rushian on the basis that he's not as awful as Gabby. If he wins a place in the side it must be on the grounds that he has earned it in his own right, without any reference to Agbonlahor.

As for Gabby, I think Bruce values his experience and desire to put right his sins of the past. I think he knows exactly what job Gabby can do for him and puts him on whenever he thinks it is needed -like today, sometimes not for very long at all.

• Like 3

There was a point in the game today when, though deep in our half, the whole pitch seemed to open up for him, and instead of bursting forward he hesitated and lost the ball within about 5 yards. 

He is completely shot.

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Like I've said in the Hepburn-Murphy thread: it's wrong to support Rushian on the basis that he's not as awful as Gabby. If he wins a place in the side it must be on the grounds that he has earned it in his own right, without any reference to Agbonlahor.

As for Gabby, I think Bruce values his experience and desire to put right his sins of the past. I think he knows exactly what job Gabby can do for him and puts him on whenever he thinks it is needed -like today, sometimes not for very long at all.

But Bruce has said when RM signs a new contract he will be in the squad, which surely means Bruce thinks he is good enough ? 

We all know what job Gabby can do......a shit one ! 

On 12/19/2016 at 23:00, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm going to state for the record here that my real name isn't Doug. I have nothing against the name Doug and I don't mind people calling me it, just saying like! 

FWIW I don't have a real name as I don't really exist, except in your mind. So actually, my name is your name. whatever that is. 

Thanks Dave.......I mean Rodney:)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dukes said:

But Bruce has said when RM signs a new contract he will be in the squad, which surely means Bruce thinks he is good enough ? 

That also suggests that Bruce has taken the view that there is very little point in blooding a young kid that may soon leave, and rightfully so imo. 

2 hours ago, av1 said:

That also suggests that Bruce has taken the view that there is very little point in blooding a young kid that may soon leave, and rightfully so imo. 

I don't disagree, but it's a chicken and egg situation, if rather than picking Gabby he'd given Hepburn-Murphy the same game time maybe he'd be more inclined to sign the new contract ? 

As I understand it RHM is highly regarded at the club, but maybe he thinks he might as well play reserve team football at Liverpool or Chelsea as here, whereas first team football here is a much bigger draw.

4 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Did well when he came on, ran the channels, put himself about and created himself a couple of chances. 

Running the channels is a very minimum requirement for a forward

Â