Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

On 7/5/2016 at 11:34, mwj said:

You mean 7 seasons ago? That's the best part of a decade mate. Let it go

Yet the fact that he is STILL top scorer would suggest the problems far outweigh Gabby. lol.

There were some seasons where he was pretty much a winger also, and also contributed by way of assists, pulling defenders out of position, key passes and hassling etc. People exaggerate way too much, to say he has done NOTHING for almost a decade is frankly farcical. 

Is it coincidence that his form suffered along with the rest of the team being absolute shite, or is it a one man game?

Some of you lot remind me of my mother who only sees football on the news and is convinced Messi is overhyped because Argentina never win the finals.

Either way, it is CLEAR that some of us will never agree on this "FAR LEFT and FAR RIGHT". 

Kudos to the few who are actually objective and don't post crap just for effect.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yet the fact that he is STILL top scorer would suggest the problems far outweigh Gabby. lol.

There were some seasons where he was pretty much a winger also, and also contributed by way of assists, pulling defenders out of position, key passes and hassling etc. People exaggerate way too much, to say he has done NOTHING for almost a decade is frankly farcical. 

Is it coincidence that his form suffered along with the rest of the team being absolute shite, or is it a one man game?

Some of you lot remind me of my mother who only sees football on the news and is convinced Messi is overhyped because Argentina never win the finals.

Either way, it is CLEAR that some of us will never agree on this "FAR LEFT and FAR RIGHT". 

Kudos to the few who are actually objective and don't post crap just for effect.

Just because I have a lower tolerance for the dickhead behaviour of some footballers, than others doesn't mean I'm posting crap for effect.

I'll happily forgive most of the others as the relegation season was a "blip" in some careers. Gabby is a step too far for me. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yet the fact that he is STILL top scorer would suggest the problems far outweigh Gabby.

Yeah, the problem there is that good players don't stay with us. Gabby's goal record has a lot more to do with longevity than quality play.

And the reason he's been here this long is because he's not a good enough or consistent enough player for any other team to be interested in him.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, heid3ster said:

Yeah, the problem there is that good players don't stay with us. Gabby's goal record has a lot more to do with longevity than quality play.

And the reason he's been here this long is because he's not a good enough or consistent enough player for any other team to be interested in him.

Plus he's never really had to fight for a place in the team since he broke into the starting XI.

I honestly think he'll be here for this season, mainly due to not having anywhere else to go. Having said that, if RDM does look at bringing more strikers in then Gabby will have to work very hard to get into the team. 

If he's picked on merit due to hard work in training and the right attitude in the dressing room then I think he has more of a chance to win some fans over again. More so than Lescott, for instance.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm being objective

Gabby is shite

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The reality of the situation is that he has done very, very little for far too long- I don't see the point  in trying to establish exactly how long. In my view he is a total spent force and should be no where near the squad for next season. He burnt his bridges last  season for me. As I'm sure regulars to this thread will already be aware I've never believed him to be good enough and always knew these days would come. I don't make any apologies for repeating myself - please can we just end this sorry saga once and for all.

He's in phenomenal shape at the moment. I get that his antics off the pitch and his lack of performance on the pitch get him a ton of shit, but he seriously looks like he just spent the last 2 months living in the gym. I know that doesn't make him instantly a good football player again, but I will always give kudos when it is justified..

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

13597829_1078385902238045_1302071809_n.j

In fairness he looks in great shape there. His pace will scare Championship defenders. He could be an asset should he want it. That's the issue though, he's not wanted it for a while. He may have potentially turned a corner, with the effort of getting in that shape and being a scapegoat for last season. 

Fair play to him. a fully fit in shape Gabby could be great for us this season!

He's got a long way to go before fans forgive him, but if he gives it his all that's all we ask for.

He has got himself back into shape, fair enough but id like to see his attitude back on the pitch. for all his shittyness in last few seasons. I would prefer a fit Gabby than a Cameron Jerome or Daryl Murphy who score for fun in this league and he could get 20 goals if his attitude is right

Big IF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The penny's dropped for Gabby. He has few friends at Villa, and even fewer admirers in football.

Looks like one of the kids from Fame in that pic.

Is that a maternity blouse?

• Like 2

Â