Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

In fairness whenever we get a new manager in, they could easily say it's time for Gabby to leave but he knuckles down and becomes a key part of the plans.

Houllier clearly wanted rid of him but he still started the majority of the games that year even if it was out of position.

He has been very poor since he got injured at Liverpool though.

no....he is very clever, at surviving.

Not been same since Liverpool injury.Set up 2 goals and was causing them lots of problems.

Just not been at it since he is not only one though.For now best for him to play him uptop alone.He is not on form but historically he pops up with important goals so still think he will pull something out of bag before end of season.

there are a few players Gabby is one Lee Hendrie was one and Darius Vassell was one

of hoodwinking everyone in to this I care more, cus I'm a Villa Fan.

Alternatively at Liverpool...Steven Gerrard and Jamie Callagher don't imply it.....They show it week in week out.

sorry guys...you've been duped.....with an acceptance of mediocrity.....loads and loads of money for a player who is totally inconsistent.

stick with the non villa fans like Andy Gray,Brian Little, Martin Laursen,Paul McGrath,David Platt

This villa fan thing playing for the club, I've never heard such a lot of old tosh......most of the best players we have ever had never started out as Villa Fans

• Like 3

Listen guys, you are all kidding yourselves.

If, hypothetically a top manager like Mourinho,Rodgers or Van Gaal came in tomorrow and was given a brief of get us back to respectability again....Gabby would be history.

He has survived on the excuse making club we have become....He is by far and away not our worst player and that in itself makes it more difficult to criticise him.

He is a symptom of Aston Villa rather than a problem.....He for me is the perfect example of how we have morphed in to this thing called an excuse of a  football team.

He is also an epitome of why we are not demanding a better deal from the owner, he has brainwashed us in thinking everything is not so bad, one decent performance in 5 is acceptable.

No it ****ing well ain't and further more we want our Villa back and we want to be challenging Liverpool.....Why because we can and we ought to and its only you lilly livered B**t**dards of a board/Manager is stopping us.

we want our club back.

stick your excuses where the sun don't shine.

Edited by TRO

there are a few players Gabby is one Lee Hendrie was one and Darius Vassell was one

of hoodwinking everyone in to this I care more, cus I'm a Villa Fan.

Alternatively at Liverpool...Steven Gerrard and Jamie Callagher don't imply it.....They show it week in week out.

sorry guys...you've been duped.....with an acceptance of mediocrity.....loads and loads of money for a player who is totally inconsistent.

stick with the non villa fans like Andy Gray,Brian Little, Martin Laursen,Paul McGrath,David Platt

This villa fan thing playing for the club, I've never heard such a lot of old tosh......most of the best players we have ever had never started out as Villa Fans

This just reads as the bitter whining of someone desperate to find a scapegoat.

His touch on what would have been a very dangerous break and chance for him to get a shot on goal in the first half just summed up his season for me, the ability just isn't there and neither is the effort anymore it seems.

• Like 1

His touch on what would have been a very dangerous break and chance for him to get a shot on goal in the first half just summed up his season for me, the ability just isn't there and neither is the effort anymore it seems.

His first touch was awful all game, today.

Agree, as soon as he knocked it on you could tell that he knew he'd messed it up. 

Time for Aston Villa and Gabby Agbonlahor to part ways. It'd be a disgrace to give a player who only turns up a handful of times per season a new contract.

I'd much prefer us to use his wages elsewhere. It also means if he signs a four year contract then he'll be around 32 at the end of it and barely worth anything. I'd prefer to sell him now whilst he still has some transfer value.

• Like 1

Â