Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He had one great run in the second half today where he got a shot off and aside from that gave his all and tried to make things happen by coming deep for the ball. Trouble is he is finding that there is very little movement from many of the players alongside him.

You could sense both he and Delph were getting very frustrated at the lack of movement and work rate from some of the other players today.

Yep. This is a mental thing, it can't be trained into a player. They are too slow to react too often.

I meant if a horribly out of form Weimann can slid through a perfect throughball for a central striker to score, then a number 10 who has it part of his skillset would do it aswell.

Yes our football is horrible but maybe a number 10 always in space and wanting to receive the ball would improve it somewhat?

• Like 2

I heard that Westwood was meant to be the player that gives it to the No. 1

I removed the 0, I think it's more accurate this way.

Not really bashing Westwood, the same goes for pretty much the whole team.

Westwood doesn't do that though.

Surrounded by shit. Has to work very hard for nothing but scraps. 

People may call me crazy but I have believed for years that Gabby would go crazy in a big team. He would also bang them in Spain where defenders cant handle fast players. He's an excellent player in a god-awful team.

Took his goal well, but yet again, another season of poor form, sprinkled with the odd spark of brilliance. Simply not good enough.

What I ve never understood is how a player can score over 10 goals at PL level for three years in a row, then become so lacklustre for large parts of the season. What the hell motivated him before? MON?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-up-another-relegation-2970447

He is going on about the fans here, but never mentions We sing Home & Away, Chant Players name.. even after something like 11 wins in 77 home games, when the team are half bothered i really do wonder what they expect? It happens at every club around country but unfortunately we have worst home record.

Here is one of the oldest players in our team, and could least show some positivity rather than saying ''we are in a relegation battle''

Edited by Villan4Life

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-up-another-relegation-2970447

He is going on about the fans here, but never mentions We sing Home & Away, Chant Players name.. even after something like 11 wins in 77 home games, when the team are half bothered i really do wonder what they expect? It happens at every club around country but unfortunately we have worst home record.

Here is one of the oldest players in our team, and could least show some positivity rather than saying ''we are in a relegation battle''

Well we are in a relegation battle? At least he's being down to earth about it.

'The trouble is Villa will always be measured against the great teams of their past and the restless fans who booed the team off at half time'

Bollocks. We know that we are never going to have a great side. All we want is to be able to compete with footballing powerhouses such as Southampton and Swansea and win more than 5 games at home during a season. TBH I don't think Gabby is being that negative in the article. After 4 defeats on the bounce and awful peformances, the first thing is to try and stop the bleeding. We have done that, now we need a win.

I like Gabby but don't think he should be wearing the armband. He never strikes me as a leader on the field. If what Hairyhands said is true, that Delph is alongside Gabby as the highest earners at the club, I'd lean towards letting him wear the armband in Vlaar's absence.

I like Gabby but don't think he should be wearing the armband. He never strikes me as a leader on the field. If what Hairyhands said is true, that Delph is alongside Gabby as the highest earners at the club, I'd lean towards letting him wear the armband in Vlaar's absence.

Totally agree, good to have in the squad but isn't a captain.

Vlaar is the best choice (when not injured). I think Guzan should be second choice as he always seems to be shouting encouragement at the team.

• Like 2

Â