Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I love Gabby and then he does my head in. This happens season upon season. Moments of brilliance then disappears for weeks or months. He's like Bendtner at Arsenal except Bendtner isn't an untouchable cult figure at Arsenal because he's not a local lad. 

300 appearences, fair play. I doubt he'll come close to Charlie Aitken's record but that's still an incredible innings for someone who's still only 27. How many appearances did Barry make?

Barry, 365 apps and 41 goals for us says wikipedia. He might get to 450+ though Gabby if he looks after himself. 

300 appearences, fair play. I doubt he'll come close to Charlie Aitken's record but that's still an incredible innings for someone who's still only 27. How many appearances did Barry make?

Barry, 365 apps and 41 goals for us says wikipedia. He might get to 450+ though Gabby if he looks after himself.

that's league apps, Barry had 441 apps for us in total apparently.

and gabby should be on for his 300th in total, his 256th I think I the league.

all according to wiki.

• Like 1

Gabby is always going to be that type of player, extremely average footballer but his pace terrorises people and the 2-3 times in a season where he really turns up hes devastating.

He was a lot more steady under MON.

that's league apps, Barry had 441 apps for us in total apparently.

and gabby should be on for his 300th in total, his 256th I think I the league.

all according to wiki.

Ah ok, he could conceivably get to 400 league apps for us then really. Which would be massive still.

Gabby is always going to be that type of player, extremely average footballer but his pace terrorises people and the 2-3 times in a season where he really turns up hes devastating.

He was a lot more steady under MON.

I think its more of a case that he was playing alongside better players under MON's tenure

Milner, Young, Barry e.t.c Not only was he getting better service but teams had to contain those threats as well as him so he was likely to get more chances

Now he's one of our better players and because we have very few of them its easy for teams to nullify him

Very much a marked man same as Benteke

Edited by AshVilla

Oh look another key player suspended, Gabby has xmas off as after being booked today he's out of the Stoke game.

He had an excellent game at the Britannia last season and for all his faults he remains a key part of what generally works for us away from home, just see the Southampton game and Stoke have a pretty slow back 4.

We will miss him.

Lack of consistency gets me. i like him but I thought he had another dissapointing performance game yesterday and I cant get away from the fact he has only scored 1 goal this season.

If he wasn't a local lad and gives us a laugh now and again would he be given as much chances?

Lack of consistency gets me. i like him but I thought he had another dissapointing performance game yesterday and I cant get away from the fact he has only scored 1 goal this season.

If he wasn't a local lad and gives us a laugh now and again would he be given as much chances?

Not sure, I think his pace keeps him in the side.

Not sure, I think his pace keeps him in the side.

Yes be has pace but he does not use it to our advantage

The problem with Gabby is he just dosen't influence home games at all. Teams sit deep and can easily mark him out of the game.

Think to his best 5 performances this season and they've all come in away games.

Arsenal

Chelsea

Norwich

Southampton

His little cameo at West Brom.

He was just shite at Fulham but still should've won a penalty.

He just dosen't make the same impact at Villa Park. If we had better quality players in our squad, I'd consider starting him in the away games and leaving him on the bench at Villa Park, he should not be an automatic start anymore at VP.

• Like 1

Yes you are right, If he grew up in Brighton we would probably be using Tonev instead of him.

The ridiculosity!

Â