Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Gabby said he was sorry to the guy but fans are attacking him on social networks

That's because 1D "fans" are some of the most cretinous people on the planet. A 1D member gets a splinter off a fence, they threaten to burn down the fence and destroy the company who made it.

It's a sad thing that this has overshadowed a very emotional and brilliant day, and the only reason this game will be in the news now will be because Louis Tomlinson threw up and Gabby is getting death threats.

Anyone that is on twitter and see's a death threat should be hitting that report button.  Neither Gabby or indeed the pop star chap have done anything wrong.  The reaction is so out of order it is not true and they need dealing with.

• Like 1

Anyone that is on twitter and see's a death threat should be hitting that report button.  Neither Gabby or indeed the pop star chap have done anything wrong.  The reaction is so out of order it is not true and they need dealing with.

Very true, apparently some of the accounts that appeared on sites like the Brum Mail and the Mirror have already been deleted. One of the worst I saw was a fan wishing he "got cancer and died", for a tackle he made in a charity match, for cancer research. Horrendous some of the abuse he's gotten, but sadly he's not the first.

Slightly OT, but pop stars like 1D and Justin Bieber, who have these sorts of fans, really need to take responsibility for what they say as it's often over the top and vile. A football club would get heavy punishment if their fans acted in such a manner en masse, and would take responsibility and try sort it internally. All I hope for is that this Louis guy comes out and tells their fans to stop being such little nobs.

What is a stupid One Direction fan going to do really? Exactly how threatening can one of their death threats be? Gabby should be glad it wasn't Kerry King from Slayer that he clattered... Not only because King is huge... but their fans (by and large) can be somewhat more.... intimidating

I reckon someone should report this to the police if it hasn't been done already, the only thing that can stop a premestrual 12 year old is a stern telling off from your mum and dad when the police has been at your door and told them what they've done is borderline criminal. If someone of a different colour, creed or religion said something like this on twitter they'd be in jail.

• Like 1

I reckon someone should report this to the police if it hasn't been done already, the only thing that can stop a premestrual 12 year old is a stern telling off from your mum and dad when the police has been at your door and told them what they've done is borderline criminal. If someone of a different colour, creed or religion said something like this on twitter they'd be in jail.

They changed the law recently, I'm sure, because people were getting locked up for having disrespectful opinions about the poppy and dead servicemen on social media. 

If it was an abundance of regular footy fans on Twitter threatening to kill him then I'm sure the police would be involved and arrests would be made.

Now I'm not saying these girls should be arrested but where the hell are their parents?!

I feel a bit sorry for the One DIrection guy to be honest. He played in a charity match, and probably helped add a reasonable chunk to the amount raised, so fair play to him. He got hit by a professional athlete, and although puking up as a result is a bit sad (and funny as ****), he now looks like a total wimp. Now, a lot of the reporting is is not having a go at Gabby, so this kinds reflects badly on him.

BUT - he should have come out ( :rolleyes: ) by now and told his 'fans' that they are acting like morons and taking the gloss off the day. He hasn't to my knowledge, so can I assume he would prefer to allow this stupid situation than criticise a few idiots as the latter may cost him a few quid.

• Like 3

I feel a bit sorry for the One DIrection guy to be honest. He played in a charity match, and probably helped add a reasonable chunk to the amount raised, so fair play to him. He got hit by a professional athlete, and although puking up as a result is a bit sad (and funny as ****), he now looks like a total wimp. Now, a lot of the reporting is is not having a go at Gabby, so this kinds reflects badly on him.

BUT - he should have come out ( :rolleyes: ) by now and told his 'fans' that they are acting like morons and taking the gloss off the day. He hasn't to my knowledge, so can I assume he would prefer to allow this stupid situation than criticise a few idiots as the latter may cost him a few quid.

I'm going to guess this is aimed at me for what I said (due to the rolling eyes), but I don't see what's so ridiculous in what I said. Yes, Gabby probably won't have a single hair on his head touched and the threats are mostly empty, I'm not worrying about that. The fact of the matter is, and it's completely OT now, this is not the first time these 'fans' have sent out death threats to people, and it's often to normal people who happen to criticise the band, and it ruins their life as they get constant abuse for a throwaway comment. Gabby will be able to handle it and nothing will come of it, however the only way to stop these 'fans' from acting in such a vile way is for them to get a little scare from their parents/police or if their 'heroes' tell them it's not the right way to behave.

Obviously what I said is laughable though, and just cause they won't follow through with their threats we should just let them behave like little shits and get away with it  :rolleyes:

Â