Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Having few or many England caps isn't necessary an indicator of a player's quality.

In Dennis Mortimers case and indeed Brian Little and John Gidmans cases I would agree. But they played in an era when England had a great deal of very good players to choose from. To be frank, this era England are pretty pants. He doesn't get a look in because other fairly average players are simply better than him.

Actually, it's more to do with the fact that Hodgson simply refuses to pick him for whatever reason, even when players pull out with injury.

Are there two Gabby Agbonlahors out there, because the one I'm watching bears no similarity to the one others seem to see. His career average of league goals is now in single figures per season. Awesome. One of the worst finishers I've ever seen, that miss against Newcastle being but one of many throughout his career. No guile and as Peter Withe commented a while back, he doesn't work defenders enough. Take away the pace, and their aint much left. It's why ,unlike so many other top players at VP, no other big club has ever seriously tried to buy him. It's why he has so few England caps. Hit and miss player at best, and it's usually a miss.

Its quite an asset to have though! I think you are doing him a disrespect, he may not be the best finisher ever but he's a much better footballer than people give him credit for

Are there two Gabby Agbonlahors out there, because the one I'm watching bears no similarity to the one others seem to see. His career average of league goals is now in single figures per season. Awesome. One of the worst finishers I've ever seen, that miss against Newcastle being but one of many throughout his career. No guile and as Peter Withe commented a while back, he doesn't work defenders enough. Take away the pace, and their aint much left. It's why ,unlike so many other top players at VP, no other big club has ever seriously tried to buy him. It's why he has so few England caps. Hit and miss player at best, and it's usually a miss.

Think you've got the wrong player mate. 

Eh we have scored six goals this season and gabby has assisted 4 of them. He is playing as a winger so try use a bit of thought as to why he hasn't got a great goal scoring ratio...

Are there two Gabby Agbonlahors out there, because the one I'm watching bears no similarity to the one others seem to see. His career average of league goals is now in single figures per season. Awesome. One of the worst finishers I've ever seen, that miss against Newcastle being but one of many throughout his career. No guile and as Peter Withe commented a while back, he doesn't work defenders enough. Take away the pace, and their aint much left. It's why ,unlike so many other top players at VP, no other big club has ever seriously tried to buy him. It's why he has so few England caps. Hit and miss player at best, and it's usually a miss.

Eh we have scored six goals this season and gabby has assisted 4 of them. He is playing as a winger so try use a bit of thought as to why he hasn't got a great goal scoring ratio...
He is a better wide attacker than straight forward Striker and I am happy with that. Play the ball in front of him or let him run at defenders and there are few better. Gabby's limitations are that for some reason, when the ball is played to him with his back to goal, the defenders always seem to get the ball, his hold up play is poor and his first touch lets him down.

That is why Roy will not pick him for England.

Take away the pace, and their aint much left. 

Let's not take it away then.

Although I must say the cool and clever way he spoonfed a rather panicky Kozak to get our goal on Saturday had little to do with pace. It's important to have his experience in the side with so many young players around him doing bouncy puppy imitations.

Edited by briny_ear

Gabby is playing well and is no doubt one of our better players. He has days where he is unplayable but mostly not. Sadly, If he is good enough for England (as some are suggesting) it is more to do with the lack of quality players England have than how good Gabby is. No international striker looks to be marked by defenders. Gabby does.

I thought, after the Arsenal game that Gabby was going to run into the 18yard box more ?

I have`nt seen it so far ?

you not see the goal on saturday?

Yes I saw it.So, how many times is that then that he has run into the 18yard box since the Arsenal game?

I thought, after the Arsenal game that Gabby was going to run into the 18yard box more ?

I have`nt seen it so far ?

you not see the goal on saturday?

Yes I saw it.So, how many times is that then that he has run into the 18yard box since the Arsenal game?

Well you've been given one example - there's no doubt more. How many do you want??

If he's fit I'd play him as the central striker whilst Benteke is out.

Be a bad move when you have a player like kozak. Proper target man, he'll win balls the gabby and weiman can feed off.

Kozak's lack of mobility, for me, doesn't suit the one man up front thing. I wasn't at Norwich, but I didn't see him win a single ball in the twenty minutes of hoofs to him vs Newcastle - so even if he did win something the lack of movement from others around him means it's wasted. Him up front on his own against Kompany? Nah don't fancy that. 

If he's fit I'd play him as the central striker whilst Benteke is out.

Be a bad move when you have a player like kozak. Proper target man, he'll win balls the gabby and weiman can feed off.

Kozak's lack of mobility, for me, doesn't suit the one man up front thing. I wasn't at Norwich, but I didn't see him win a single ball in the twenty minutes of hoofs to him vs Newcastle - so even if he did win something the lack of movement from others around him means it's wasted. Him up front on his own against Kompany? Nah don't fancy that. 

Not totally fair then really consideing all you've seen of him is 20 mins at newcastle?? he is a handful, and have no worries of him battling kompany.

Important to have him fit again but can't see him making much impact.

Of his 5 games this season, he's had 3 excellent games all away from home and the two home games he hasn't really made much impact apart from that poor miss against Newcastle.

Essential player for us in away games.

Â