Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

you'd like to think so, a lot of fans from other clubs on other forums were asking questions when he wasn't included in the squad anyway, especially fans from the 3 teams we've played who were all very impressed with him, the SSN message board is pretty much the same (with a fair few mentioning delph too)

no offence to Gabby if he was to announce his international retirement it would be met with laughter by the media and other clubs fans. I remember it happened to some non regualr about 2003 or 04 who retired from international duty after about 20 caps, was somebody like Danny Mills or Murphy.

best he just leaves it alone

For example, Charisma his brother...

Happily I've never met his brother and hope I never do. It's always deeply embarrassing for all concerned when one is introduced to somebody with a ridiculous name. It can involve snorted snot onto the top lip or a quite unbecoming gurning as one wrestles the amusement back inside again . Why can't people make it easy and give their kids names like "John", or the eminently snot-free "David"?

• Like 1

Re: The "It's one of his friends" Theory: I find it hard to believe that someone Gabby is close enough to send videos to would then go on and pretend to be him. And not only pretend to be him, but be so controversial. Surely they'd know that this would be very damaging to Gabby's career?

Re: The "Stolen Phone" Theory: He posted a video on Keek of him accepting followers on Twitter. If it was someone who stole the phone, how could they then continue posting new videos clearly taken by/featuring Gabby?

I think if he's innocent he needs to come out and explain it. At the moment it looks like the club's defence is total bullsh*t.

I'm not offended by his twitter or keek accounts, I don't see why people should be. If people can't accept that not everyone's the same then they need to look at themselves. This planet would be one boring environment if everyone was mirror images of one another as that is how society 'expected them to behave'. Yeah, he clearly isn't exceptionally well educated but at least he has forged a very successful career for himself with the abilities he has been given.

• Like 1

From the BBC website after the Moldova game:

Despite Southampton's Lambert and Jermain Defoe of Tottenham being the only orthodox strikers in the squad currently available to face Ukraine, Hodgson is not planning to call up a replacement.

"I suppose one would, if there were very obvious candidates," the 66-year-old said.

"I think we worked very hard through the candidates, and with Andy Carroll still injured, you would have to be going way back to think of people to bring in."

So Gabby is way back somewhere in Hodgsons mind then

Hodgson is a decrepit fool and England won't come close to achieving anything with him managing.

(And by managing I mean having a sit down and looking like he needs someone to give him a flask and a blanket whilst the rest of the management team do their jobs.)

Gabby deserves a call up. Hodgeson is a fool to over look him, deserves to be in the squad just as much as Defoe in my opinion.

Who knows what Benteke, Weimann and even Helenius of the England set up with them all head off on international duty and Gabby having 3 weeks off.

It's to our gain though, he's fresh for Newcastle now!

From the Prem I'd choose Agbonlahor firstly, Hooper (injured possibly?), Crouch and probably even Graham over Carroll to start with.

From the Championship I'd give Deeney a look in more than anybody as I think he'd suit how England play, but what about Glenn Murray? Charlie Austin? Even Nugent bagged 16 last season in the league.

It really isn't difficult, we have strikers like Murray banging in 30 league goals last season yet gets completely overlooked because he plays in the Championship, Gary Hooper has finally moved down to the Premier League but has Champions League experience in abundance, Peter Crouch still has a fantastic goal scoring record for England too.

Sick to death of our National side, been coming for a long while but I've pretty much stopped following the ongoings now. Acting as if Gabby doesn't even exist has led me to having no faith at all in Hodgson although in fairness to him it's pretty obvious that whoever is appointed has no real say in squad selection.

• Like 2

I'm convinced Gabby has a black mark againt him at the FA after all the pull outs from squads in the past.

Strange Woy doesn't rate him when he's had some very good games against his teams in the past, can remember him scoring two at Craven Cottage a few years ago.

Â