Cardiff City

The_Rev

It does seem a bizarre move for OGS. Maybe he is being offered too much money to refuse?

OK - A dodgy chairman - but reportedly £30m to spend in Jan - whilst they are in the relegation dogfight, the position is recoverable . The other reported overtures Everton\Villa\WBA have no where near that clout in the market...

I've seen the reports too of a huge transfer kitty for Jan but it doesn't quite stack up with the fact Tan fell out with MM because he felt he didn't get enough value for money in the summer window. Hardly the actions of a chairman willing to throw a shed load of his wealth at his play thing.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Empty words from Tan on Mackay I think. He just wanted shot and was spouting rubbish about him.

Cardiff have a couple of really good players. Another four £8m players into that squad and Ole will do well to get them relegated.

I'm sorry, but if I went for an interview and the potential new boss had dark glasses, leather gloves, moustache AND his jumper tucked in his trousers.......it wouldn't be happening.

Even if he's waving £2m a year in your face ?

Aslong as thats all he's waving in my face then i'd take it.

• Like 1

So it seems Tan isn't keeping his cards close to his belt buckle.

I know it was a different time and circumstances will have been different, but I'm a little miffed that Cardiff City was good enough to turn OGS's head and Villa was enough.

Well that's just it. He's another year into his development. It's nothing to do with them being good enough and us not being good enough. Timing is everything.

Or it's come to Villa get rid of all the stars on big wages and you have to build a squad on a pittance!

Cardiff however he might actually be able to spend on proper players and not have to worry about balancing books?

Young manager first job in the Premier League I know where I would go if I was him, jumper tucked in Bond baddie or not as chairman!

• Like 1

Wasn't there something about the Owner/Bank roller of Molde threatening to pull out if he left? 

Will be interesting to see how he does. I've not watched any Norwegian football to know what the standard is, the only name I recognise is Rosenborg. That said, Molde finished 6th last term, 19 points off top.

http://uk.soccerway.com/national/norway/eliteserien/2013/regular-season/r19871/

Hopefully Cardiff will come in and take Lameberk off our hands. Then we could appoint a proper manager.

Oooh yes please (nodding head emoticon)

Really? This is how bad it's got around here? 11th in the table on a severely restricted budget and people are calling him names and want him out?

• Like 2

Those posts were the day after losing at home to Crystal Palace.  We'll put it down to emotion and too much egg nog :)

After years of supporting this club, we should really know better...

Or it's come to Villa get rid of all the stars on big wages and you have to build a squad on a pittance!

Cardiff however he might actually be able to spend on proper players and not have to worry about balancing books?

Young manager first job in the Premier League I know where I would go if I was him, jumper tucked in Bond baddie or not as chairman!

It's why I won't ask for Lambert out and will respect the job he is trying to do.

He didn't take the easy option by coming to us, and has in fact put his career on the line by doing so. Yes we're a bigger club than Norwich, but he could have stayed there and waited for a better chance to progress his career to come along.

I wish OGS all the best at Cardiff, he's going to need it with that owner.

• Like 1

Â