Cardiff City

The_Rev

Ole is a nice guy, all the best to him although I think the challenge will be too big in England. Succeeding in Norway, and with his reputation, is fairly easy with the club he had and the money he got to spend. It's basically Rosenborg and then 13 other clubs that struggle to make ends meet every single season.

His English is a bit rusty, but it's easily understandable and he's much better than Fergie/Lambert with their Scottish mumbling :)

• Like 1

The color and name change is disgusting, but the rest of his management of the club hasn't been bad. Mackay was doing a poor job and was sacked. The theatrics were unnecessary, but he had a lot to spend in the prem and in the championship, and they still played incredibly negative and were just a point above relegation.

Mackay didn't get sacked after a 6-0 aggregate defeat to west ham a couple years ago in the playoffs, tan isn't as stupid and impulsive as people make out. This is honestly a great job, just like Southampton, lots of money with mid table expectations, and ogs wasn't going to get a better offer.

They didn't change name. I don't see all the fuss about Tan myself. Bankrolled them into the Premier League, gave the manager £30m+ in the summer and is going to give the new manager £25m this window. Changing the colour of their shirt takes little away from that in my opinion.

What don't you see? It's not just about the shirt. It's a **** circus over there.

Yeah I'm sure Cardiff supporters would rather go back to being an respectable, uneventful club in the Championship...

I don't see all the fuss about Tan myself. Bankrolled them into the Premier League, gave the manager £30m+ in the summer and is going to give the new manager £25m this window. Changing the colour of their shirt takes little away from that in my opinion.

You don't see the problem with how he got rid of Mackay then. The man's a nutter.

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman makes the first steps towards rebuilding bridges with the fans. I think the fans will forgive IF results start happening on the pitch. Adkins & Southampton anyone?

Clickings

Cardiff chairman apologises to fans for off-the-field 'noise'

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman has asked fans to "forgive" the club for recent off-the-field "noise".

He also urged them to get behind new manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The Bluebirds have been at the centre of a public row between the club's owner Vincent Tan and Solskjaer's predecessor Malky Mackay.

"I hope you'll forgive us for that and put some trust in us to build this club to what I think it can be built into," said Dalman.
Play media

Solskjaer has 'eyes wide open'

"This club has huge potential but it all has to start at the football pitch. So less noise about non-football and a lot of noise on the football pitch."

The Cyprus-born merchant banker, who was appointed chairman in July, said he was sorry for the "agony" Cardiff supporters had been put through caused by off-the-field stories and speculation surrounding the club.

"I sincerely apologise for that because that was never our intention," said Dalman.

Mackay was sacked the day after the 3-0 defeat to Southampton on Boxing Day.

His dismissal followed months of rows with Tan.

The Malaysian billionaire claimed Mackay had overspent on transfers following their promotion to the Premier League and announced that the 41-year-old Scot would have nothing to spend in the January window.

ButSolskjaer, who has agreed a 12-month rolling contract, will be given significant funds by Tan to spend on new signings.

Dalman says the 40-year-old former Manchester United striker has told him about players he wants to bring into the club.

"He knows what he wants and yes we have discussed all that," said Dalman. "The first and only objective is to remain in the Premier League."

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman makes the first steps towards rebuilding bridges with the fans. I think the fans will forgive IF results start happening on the pitch. Adkins & Southampton anyone?Clickings

Cardiff chairman apologises to fans for off-the-field 'noise'Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman has asked fans to "forgive" the club for recent off-the-field "noise".

He also urged them to get behind new manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The Bluebirds have been at the centre of a public row between the club's owner Vincent Tan and Solskjaer's predecessor Malky Mackay.

"I hope you'll forgive us for that and put some trust in us to build this club to what I think it can be built into," said Dalman.

Play media

Solskjaer has 'eyes wide open'

"This club has huge potential but it all has to start at the football pitch. So less noise about non-football and a lot of noise on the football pitch."

The Cyprus-born merchant banker, who was appointed chairman in July, said he was sorry for the "agony" Cardiff supporters had been put through caused by off-the-field stories and speculation surrounding the club.

"I sincerely apologise for that because that was never our intention," said Dalman.

Mackay was sacked the day after the 3-0 defeat to Southampton on Boxing Day.

His dismissal followed months of rows with Tan.

The Malaysian billionaire claimed Mackay had overspent on transfers following their promotion to the Premier League and announced that the 41-year-old Scot would have nothing to spend in the January window.

ButSolskjaer, who has agreed a 12-month rolling contract, will be given significant funds by Tan to spend on new signings.

Dalman says the 40-year-old former Manchester United striker has told him about players he wants to bring into the club.

"He knows what he wants and yes we have discussed all that," said Dalman. "The first and only objective is to remain in the Premier League."

Though I've not looked to much into the situation at Cardiff, from the bits I have read and some of the stuff MM said in interviews, the chairman seems like a half decent guy who took on the role of peace maker?

I don't see all the fuss about Tan myself. Bankrolled them into the Premier League, gave the manager £30m+ in the summer and is going to give the new manager £25m this window. Changing the colour of their shirt takes little away from that in my opinion.

You don't see the problem with how he got rid of Mackay then. The man's a nutter.

People said the same about how Southampton got rid of Adkins.

One thing at a time. So you don't see the problem with how he got rid of Mackay then.

One thing at a time. So you don't see the problem with how he got rid of Mackay then.

It could've been handled better but I'm not going to decide he is therefore a terrible owner because of it.

OK that's fair enough. For me it's a massive red flag and I'll tell you why. It's not just because he fired the man who got them up and had them outside the relegation zone and it's not even the drawn-out manner in which he did it or the total lack of communication while doing so i.e. doing it as an absentee chairman. Although I will say they are all pretty big 'cherries on the cake' on their own. No it's that in all of this he demonstrated a worrying lack of control over how much money was leaving the club without his knowledge. A major part of his beef with Mackay seemed to be that Mackay over-spent without Tan's prior knowledge. Now I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense and if it is the case, then Tan is far more to blame and the manager is not to blame because of the specific structure in place at Cardiff designed at preventing this. They've a chairman AND they had that other bloke they fired for the same reason.

No it's that in all of this he demonstrated a worrying lack of control over how much money was leaving the club without his knowledge. A major part of his beef with Mackay seemed to be that Mackay over-spent without Tan's prior knowledge. Now I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense and if it is the case, then Tan is far more to blame and the manager is not to blame because of the specific structure in place at Cardiff designed at preventing this. They've a chairman AND they had that other bloke they fired for the same reason.

That'd never be allowed to happen at a well-run club like ours...

https://vine.co/v/h9xK3xTuVEL

Sums up his attitude in around 3 seconds for me.

As opposed to fans who boo their own team?

I don't like the man, but I found this amusing more than I found it offensive.

I didn't particularly find it offensive. Just in that it sums up his attitude towards his own team really.

Â