General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Liverpool in no rush to appoint a new manager either considering were hanging on them to appoint someone haha, this is going to be a long summer me thinks!

I'm not too sure about that, to be honest. Though there is no immediate rush for them to appoint a manager, their board will be under a lot of scrutiny and they'll want to make the right appointment as soon as possible.

Firstly, Liverpool fans will have been angry at the sacking of Kenny. Then most of them have been underwhelmed about talks being held with Martinez. So, though they can wait, causing us to wait, it does themselves no good.

I just think we should ignore Liverpool's targets, ignore everyone else that's looking for a manager and just go all out for someone realistic that still fits the criteria.

Maybe not from our 'ideal' group of candidates, but from the next lot.

Poyet, perhaps?

I think his "source" is XXXXXX, or at least that is what he has said in the past.

Richard, with respect, if we're going to get reliable ITK info, we shouldn't be bandying the names of the sources about. May I humbly ask and suggest that you edit that post?

I think his "source" is XXXXXX, or at least that is what he has said in the past.

Richard, with respect, if we're going to get reliable ITK info, we shouldn't be bandying the names of the sources about. May I humbly ask and suggest that you edit that post?

I think it's pretty open to be honest chap, he has said so many times in the past on the specific thread that it's not really a secret. If it was a secret then I would have found out via a PM and as Gazton does not PM me then it is clear it has been said a few times on here.

Happy to delete the post by the way if a MOD thinks the source should not be "exposed"

I think it's pretty open to be honest chap, he has said so many times in the past on the specific thread that it's not really a secret. If it was a secret then I would have found out via a PM and as Gazton does not PM me then it is clear it has been said a few times on here.

Happy to delete the post by the way if a MOD thinks the source should not be "exposed"

Gotta agree with Richard. Gazton has always been open about Ireland especially when he was dropped by Houllier. It is no secret.

Which is why I doubted how ITK he was on OGS. That is not a slant on Gazton as I think on some stuff he is very ITK and I am sure he was told what he was told. My doubt isI am not sure how much the players would know until a deal is done with the manager especially in the summer when they are not in day to day training.

Fair enough, although I don't think Gazton should be posting the name of his source either. I'm not trying to play the mod btw, just suggesting that ITK sources are easily busted and should be treated with care.

La la la la la la la laaaaa

*fingers in ears*

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That'll cover it up CF!

We all know that Salifou / Martin O'Neill / David Batty / Glen Hoddle / Jermain Defoe / Tony Blair / Charlie Dimmock / Yossi Benayoun / Cheryl Cole and The 3rd Son of the King of Egypt are the sources (in no particular order) of Mantis / GarethRDR / Designer1 / kidlewis / smetrov / Milfner & Stevo985....... but.... it's up to the journos to figure out which one is telling the truth, which one is telling them a 'curveball' (as I believe that call it in the states) or which one has been given duff information.

Go on journo scumbags!!! Give it your best shot!!

I wonder if Villa are waiting for Chelsea to appoint a new manager. That way RDM gets the push and Villa don't have to pay any compo to Chelski. If we ask for permission now, we will have to pay them off.

I don't want him anyway. I want Lambert. I think we'll get Rafa Benitez.

I wonder if Villa are waiting for Chelsea to appoint a new manager. That way RDM gets the push and Villa don't have to pay any compo to Chelski. If we ask for permission now, we will have to pay them off.

I don't want him anyway. I want Lambert. I think we'll get Rafa Benitez.

Covering all three bases there Steve

It would seem that Gazton has more than a player as a source. And no matter who the source is, in my opinion, that person(s) will have more interesting "speculation" if you want to call it that, than the rest of us. At least that speculation is based on more informative tidbits than the rest of us posting on here and twitter. So I hope Gazton continues to post whatever it is that he's heard. Nothing is gospel until a signature is on the dotted line, of course.

La la la la la la la laaaaa

*fingers in ears*

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That'll cover it up CF!

We all know that Salifou / Martin O'Neill / David Batty / Glen Hoddle / Jermain Defoe / Tony Blair / Charlie Dimmock / Yossi Benayoun / Cheryl Cole and The 3rd Son of the King of Egypt are the sources (in no particular order) of Mantis / GarethRDR / Designer1 / kidlewis / smetrov / Milfner & Stevo985....... but.... it's up to the journos to figure out which one is telling the truth, which one is telling them a 'curveball' (as I believe that call it in the states) or which one has been given duff information.

Go on journo scumbags!!! Give it your best shot!!

Well that's the Daily Mail and Mirror journos taken care of :)

What I really want to know is when is the club going to be "clear and candid with themselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years"

Or were they, very much like other spin and PR coming out of the club, just words with no substance, just sound bites ?