General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Although Benitez has a good football brain and a wealth of experience, I think he would have a hard time winning over an element of our support which sees him as tainted by "Scouse" and as a "Fat Spanish Waiter". I think he would be given a scaled-down version of the abuse which was levelled at McLeish. Not a universally popular choice, by any means - unlike the angelic OGS....

I just want it to be over with already.

There's something exciting about the not knowing though mate. I agree with you to an extent as I'd like to be signing bosmans. That said, nothing really happens until July. At least we've got some footie to watch.

The problem I have is, my F5 key is on the way out, if a manager isn't appointed soon I fear for the longevity of it. :lol:

I think he's ok.

He was being held in similar esteem to Lambert 12 months ago. Bolton lost both their strikers and struggled but the season before he had them playing and he did well with Burnley too.

If getting a team relegated is seen as doing well :winkold:

Although Benitez has a good football brain and a wealth of experience, I think he would have a hard time winning over an element of our support which sees him as tainted by "Scouse" and as a "Fat Spanish Waiter". I think he would be given a scaled-down version of the abuse which was levelled at McLeish. Not a universally popular choice, by any means - unlike the angelic OGS....
McLeish only got abuse towards the very end of his tenure when we were in a relegation battle. Unless results went a similar way I couldn't see Benitez getting that kind of abuse.

I think he's ok.

He was being held in similar esteem to Lambert 12 months ago. Bolton lost both their strikers and struggled but the season before he had them playing and he did well with Burnley too.

It is by our board apparently.

I just want it to be over with already.

There's something exciting about the not knowing though mate. I agree with you to an extent as I'd like to be signing bosmans. That said, nothing really happens until July. At least we've got some footie to watch.

I get your point mate but there is an awful lot to do at Villa other than signing players (even though it is the main thing!) The manager needs to be available ASAP to strip and repair the fabric of our club, scouting, training, coaching etc. The sooner this can get started the better IMO. Any manager worth his salt (dunno if thats the right saying?) would already have a very high knowledge of players and targets, especially if they have been sounded out for interviews. But we need to remember its a massive task bringing us kicking and screaming into modern attacking football, the sooner they get started the better! Plus i'm fed up of not getting much work done, I hope we won't wait until after the euros, I won't be able to take it!!!

McLeish only got abuse towards the very end of his tenure when we were in a relegation battle. Unless results went a similar way I couldn't see Benitez getting that kind of abuse.

He got stick from the moment he was appointed. It just got worse when results didn't go our way. If - just if - Benitez was appointed and we lost the first couple of games, the shit would be hurled at him big time. Be under no illusions about that. You can see the mood even on this thread.

Just noticed that Gazton posted in the Asian Villa fans thread about half an hour ago. Wonder why he didn't drop in here to tell us what his source said?

You could always send him a PM if you're that eager for an update?

He got stick from the moment he was appointed. It just got worse when results didn't go our way. If - just if - Benitez was appointed and we lost the first couple of games, the shit would be hurled at him big time. Be under no illusions about that. You can see the mood even on this thread.

What are you talking about? What abuse? McLeish got no abuse at all in the beginning. In fact he got a lot more time than Houllier did.

I think he's ok.

He was doing ok when they came up. He left half way through the season and they went down again didn't they? He didn't relegate them.

I think he's ok.

He was doing ok when they came up. He left half way through the season and they went down again didn't they? He didn't relegate them.

Bolton was the subject I think

You'll be telling me next that the fans went out of their way to make him welcome!
Aside from the protests, what abuse did he get at games in the beginning? I wasn't at his first home game but apparently he was applauded by the Holte End? Hardly abuse.

Just noticed that Gazton posted in the Asian Villa fans thread about half an hour ago. Wonder why he didn't drop in here to tell us what his source said?
It could mean a number of things... 1) Didn't get chance to speak to his contact due to sunbathing commitments. 2) Trying to make us sweat for as long as possible in an attempt to make us pull all our hair our so he can have the crown of Villa Fan's Hair Of The Year Award. Or 3) His contact ain't got a scooby doo who the hell we we are after and doesn't want us all to jump of the nearest bridge, causing traffic mayhem and Gazton to miss out on the Queen's celebrations? HOW SELFISH GAZTON!!! :D

There is nothing to tell. Nobody knows anything. Apart from the shit twitter rumours nobody is saying anything.

There is nothing to tell. Nobody knows anything. Apart from the shit twitter rumours nobody is saying anything.

How do you know there's nothing to tell?

I just want to know why the OGS deal fell through at the last minute. I don't buy the public reason.

What are you talking about? What abuse? McLeish got no abuse at all in the beginning. In fact he got a lot more time than Houllier did.

http://www.birminghampost.net/multimedia/sport/aston-villa/video/2011/06/16/villa-fans-protest-over-mcleish-appointment-plans-65233-28889227/

Allow me to refresh your memory. It was there for all to see. And hear. But there's really no mileage in going over all this.