General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Coyle is a horrible manager, don't like the way he constantly shouts at the touchline (one thing encouraging the team it's another to just constantly shout and that isn't going to motivate anyone; like we saw this season) don't like the way he speaks in the press either and thankfully we won't see him next season in the premier league.

That's before I even go on about the myth that "Owen Coyle plays good football" like I said I just don't see the hype - he isn't good enough. So as you can tell from me it's a big no thanks.

This is the problem with getting all excited over Lambert or Rodgers.

They could just as easily be next years Owen Coyle.

I think Coyle and Lambert are pretty similar managers really.

Yes, Rodgers could be next years Owen Coyle but Lambert no. Lambert is a quality manager, far superior to Coyle, Rodgers etc...

Today IMO we crossed a line. It would now be a surprise (Maybe a pleasant one) if we landed on the managers that we all thought of after faulkners 'vibrant' statement

Lambert

Martinez

AVB

Rodgers

OGS

I could be wrong be it would now be a surprise to me of our next manager came from that list. The board could be conducting negoitations very secretly - but I doubt it.

- the 2 face saving candidates again imo are

Poyet

Benitez

Then the best of the rest

RDM

Grayson

Southgate

Today IMO we crossed a line. It would now be a surprise (Maybe a pleasant one) if we landed on the managers that we all thought of after faulkners 'vibrant' statement

Lambert

Martinez

AVB

Rodgers

OGS

I could be wrong be it would now be a surprise to me of our next manager came from that list. The board could be conducting negoitations very secretly - but I doubt it.

- the 2 face saving candidates again imo are

Poyet

Benitez

Then the best of the rest

RDM

Grayson

Southgate

to be honest i'd happily take Poyet atm BUT I think we could be looking further away than these... (eg. Dutt, Pacienca, QSF)

This is the problem with getting all excited over Lambert or Rodgers.

They could just as easily be next years Owen Coyle.

I think Coyle and Lambert are pretty similar managers really.

Yes, Rodgers could be next years Owen Coyle but Lambert no. Lambert is a quality manager, far superior to Coyle, Rodgers etc...

Lambert is quality and far superior to Rodgers????

Based on what may I ask. I think Rodgers is superior to Lambert btw

AstsamVilla

Please explain to us uninitiated how exactly you came to the conclusion that Lambert is "far superior" to Rodgers.

fwiw. I think the style of football played by Rodgers' teams coupled with his history working under Mourinho makes him certainly on a par with Lambert but you obviously have other information that the rest of us are missing.

Rodgers inherited a good Swansea team that had been put together by Martinez and Sousa. It was simply a matter of time before they got promoted. I'm pretty confident they will be found out big time next season.

Lambert? Took over a Norwich team that was in a complete mess (lost 7-1 to Colchester at home) and could have easily stayed in League 1 for a few years (like Leeds, Forest, Southampton).

But instead he turned it around and got back to back promotions in his first two seasons on a shoestring budget and has set them up to become an established Premier League team.

Or maybe he just got a good run together and kept the momentum going but will be found out next season?

I will be impressed with some of these promoted managers when they have kept their teams up for a few seasons in a row.

Rodgers inherited a good Swansea team that had been put together by Martinez and Sousa. It was simply a matter of time before they got promoted. I'm pretty confident they will be found out big time next season.

Lambert? Took over a Norwich team that was in a complete mess (lost 7-1 to Colchester at home) and could have easily stayed in League 1 for a few years (like Leeds, Forest, Southampton).

But instead he turned it around and got back to back promotions in his first two seasons on a shoestring budget and has set them up to become an established Premier League team.

So, let me see if I understand.

Swansea who finished 11th last year "will be found out big time next season"

Norwich however who finished 12th "are set up to become an established Premier League team"

As for the history - you can only manage the team you have - Rodgers managed his team better than Lambert managed his last season, hence the league position - remember these teams were competing a league lower the year before when Norwich were the better side by 4 points.

My point here is that Rodgers' has improved his team more than Lambert has managed to - this is now at the top level of English football. Hence my opinion (backed up with rudimentary stats) that Rodgers is a better Premiership Manager than Lambert.