General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Well clearly you want an explanation to almost everything. Why did OGS not sign, what went wrong. You keep bringing it up, so that to me implies you can't let things go.
So wanting an explanation for one thing counts as wanting an explanation for everything? Riiiight.

Yes, I keep bringing it up not because I can't "let it go" (I let it go ages ago) but because it's an interesting question. I'm certainly not the only one that's wondering what happened.

Move on. Nothing that will be said now will make him our manager. Move along for crying out loud. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFS!
This doesn't even make sense. I swear you're on a wind-up. Can you not read? How about you let this go and accept that I (along with many other people) would be interested in finding out what happened?

Why do some people get so petty in here? You can't even mention certain things without getting certain people jump on your back spouting nonsense.

Well clearly you want an explanation to almost everything. Why did OGS not sign, what went wrong. You keep bringing it up, so that to me implies you can't let things go.
So wanting an explanation for one thing counts as wanting an explanation for everything? Riiiight.

Yes, I keep bringing it up not because I can't "let it go" (I let it go ages ago) but because it's an interesting question. I'm certainly not the only one that's wondering what happened.

Move on. Nothing that will be said now will make him our manager. Move along for crying out loud. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFS!
This doesn't even make sense. I swear you're on a wind-up. Can you not read? How about you let this go and accept that I (along with many other people) would be interested in finding out what happened?

Why do some people get so petty in here? You can't even mention certain things without getting certain people jump on your back spouting nonsense.

Dude, I am not even playing your game. Your like a little child. Constantly whining about something. It is embarassing.

Oh, why are the odds changing all the time. I wonder what that means.

Do you think we will hear from Randy tomorrow.

Oh If I don't hear anything in the next few days, I am going to go insane.

Dude, I am not even playing your game. Your like a little child. Constantly whining about something. It is embarassing.

Playing what game? What am I "always wining about"?

You just need to let it go. It's not a crime to utter the letters "OGS" and it's not a crime to wonder how he went from being nailed on for the job to completely out of the running. Grow up.

Oh, why are the odds changing all the time. I wonder what that means.
I've never said that. Sometimes I'll flag it up if somebody's odds have fallen sharply but that's it. I know there's usually nothing in it but there's nothing else going on at the moment.

Do you think we will hear from Randy tomorrow.
Is there something wrong with musing whether or not we'll hear something?

Oh If I don't hear anything in the next few days, I am going to go insane.
There's something called tongue in cheek you know.

You just need to let it go. It's not a crime to utter the letters "OGS" and it's not a crime to wonder how he went from being nailed on for the job to completely out of the running. Grow up.

It is when you keep spouting on about it every 30 minutes.

Grow up, do me a favour.

I see it as this....

Roberto is talking to Liverpool. Randy waits to see if he takes the job or not. If he doesn't he may try get him down B6 (is that possible seeing as he just turned down Liverpool?). If he does get the job he will make a swift appointment to who ever else he has in mind (my bet being RDM).

It is when you keep spouting on about it every 30 minutes.

But I don't though.

I see it as this....

Roberto is talking to Liverpool. Randy waits to see if he takes the job or not. If he doesn't he may try get him down B6 (is that possible seeing as he just turned down Liverpool?). If he does get the job he will make a swift appointment to who ever else he has in mind (my bet being RDM).

Hope he doesn't make another panic appointment if that's the case.

I just hope whoever it is... We all support him. Not everyone will agree with the appointmernt. He will need time to rebuild the squad and hopefully randy backs him financially.

It wont happen mate,the OGS thread had over 300 pages compared to the Martinez thread which has struggled to get past 20,which tells me the excitement level isnt their for Mr Martinez.

I just hope whoever it is... We all support him. Not everyone will agree with the appointmernt. He will need time to rebuild the squad and hopefully randy backs him financially.

It wont happen mate,the OGS thread had over 300 pages compared to the Martinez thread which has struggled to get past 20,which tells me the excitement level isnt their for Mr Martinez.

What about if 280 of those pages were people saying they would prefer Martinez over OGS. I for one would prefer Martinez.

It's not a crime to utter the letters "OGS" and it's not a crime to wonder how he went from being nailed on for the job to completely out of the running.

How was he nailed on for the job? we spoke to him that was it as far it went as far as I was aware. It seems some got carried away with what a few self proclaimed itk's spouted on here and twitter and took it that he was definitely coming when in fact the most likely tail is, as it normally is, that these self proclaimed itk's like the rest of us no pretty much **** all. His odds tumbled due to the itk bollocks being followed, him initially seeming keen, and people putting a few quid on.

As for an explanation on why we didn't offer him the job after speaking with him don't expect one because it isn't going to happen. Quite simply it is irrelevant. The club will eventually appoint a new manager and the last thing they will be doing is discussing who was and wasn't in the running and why they didn't choose some other candidate.

So if we accept that OGS backed out because he was not our first choice (although we may never know until he writes his book or someone at Villa Park or his present club does does) then what are the odds that Lambert would feel the same way about us not making him an offer that he may have been expecting whilst 2 managers who did not want to take the job last year (Rafa & RM) wait to make sure Liverpool do not want them and RDM does the same at Chelsea?

But, if OGS pulled out due to the constraints he was told he was to work under what are the odds that the likes of Lambert or RM or RDM would find the same constraints acceptable? Swansea will also be likely to keep their boss having all but done a big deal for Sigurdsson to prove their intent and we may find it difficult to get one because we may not be prepared to make the funds available that are needed to give a new boss realistic hope of turning things around.

Or we may be waiting to make the appointment we have already decided upon after the ST deadline has passed to maximise ST income for whatever reason that appointment may influence sales either way?

It's not a crime to utter the letters "OGS" and it's not a crime to wonder how he went from being nailed on for the job to completely out of the running.

How was he nailed on for the job? we spoke to him that was it as far it went as far as I was aware. It seems some got carried away with what a few self proclaimed itk's spouted on here and twitter and took it that he was definatelty coming when in fact the most likely tail is, as it normally is, that these self proclaimed itk's like the rest of us no pretty much **** all. His odds tumbled due to the itk bollocks being followed, him initially seeming keen, and people putting a few quid on.

As for an explantion on why we didn't offer him the job after speaking with him don't expect one because it isn't going to happen. Quite simply it is irrelvenant. The club will eventually appoint a new manager and the last thing they will be doing is discussing who was and wasn't in the running and why they didn't choose some other candidate.

Ok then, appeared to be nailed on for the job.

I know your opinions on ITKs but there are some genuine people who are ITK out there (not that they're infallible). OGS' odds tumbled because everyone on VT put bets on him when Trees announced that Randy was flying to Norway (which was true).

I'm not asking the club for an explanation. I wouldn't expect them to come out and explain what happened.

Any legs in Qatar investment in Villa anymore?

:lol: I think if they were looking to take us over or invest they would tell Randy who they wanted and he would get them in as did our former chairman when appointing MON for Randy. Nice thought though 260582! :winkold:

How was he nailed on for the job? we spoke to him that was it as far it went as far as I was aware. It seems some got carried away with what a few self proclaimed itk's spouted on here and twitter and took it that he was definitely coming when in fact the most likely tail is, as it normally is, that these self proclaimed itk's like the rest of us no pretty much **** all. His odds tumbled due to the itk bollocks being followed, him initially seeming keen, and people putting a few quid on.

As for an explanation on why we didn't offer him the job after speaking with him don't expect one because it isn't going to happen. Quite simply it is irrelevant. The club will eventually appoint a new manager and the last thing they will be doing is discussing who was and wasn't in the running and why they didn't choose some other candidate.

:thumb:

Rumours circulating that Harry Redknapp will soon be on the job hunt. He is in Qatar at the present time. Any legs in Qatar investment in Villa anymore?

That rumour comes from a typically rubbish Spurs ITK. The only reliable one has said Harry's at home. There is a massive anti Redknapp amongst alot of Spurs, so alot of shit like this is made up about him.