General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Mantis, let it go bro. Just, let it go. :D
Let what go? All I said is I want to find out why the deal fell through.

What are you talking about? What abuse? McLeish got no abuse at all in the beginning. In fact he got a lot more time than Houllier did.

http://www.birminghampost.net/multimedia/sport/aston-villa/video/2011/06/16/villa-fans-protest-over-mcleish-appointment-plans-65233-28889227/

Allow me to refresh your memory. It was there for all to see. And hear. But there's really no mileage in going over all this.

Clearly you're not reading my posts. I said besides the protest, what else was there in the beginning?

Mantis, let it go bro. Just, let it go. :D
Ain't you ever seen a disney film? The prince always get's the OGS in the end and they never give up even if faced with a three headed dragon (Mode chairman) :D Would be good to actually know what went down if I'm honest, but I think that day will never come (until OGS releases an autobiography that is)

Just noticed that Gazton posted in the Asian Villa fans thread about half an hour ago. Wonder why he didn't drop in here to tell us what his source said?

There is nothing to tell. Nobody knows anything. Apart from the shit twitter rumours nobody is saying anything.

How do you know there's nothing to tell?

I just want to know why the OGS deal fell through at the last minute. I don't buy the public reason.

Yeah, i don't buy the whole "family reasons" stuff. Some Norwegian reporters were saying I even know how the contract" "He has DEFINITELY been offered a contract." Something wasn't right when we said he wasn't even offered a contract.

I'm over OGS now. I think the whole deal with him is dead now.

Just noticed that Gazton posted in the Asian Villa fans thread about half an hour ago. Wonder why he didn't drop in here to tell us what his source said?

There is nothing to tell. Nobody knows anything. Apart from the shit twitter rumours nobody is saying anything.

I just want to know why the OGS deal fell through at the last minute. I don't buy the public reason.

let-it-go.png

Clearly you're not reading my posts. I said besides the protest, what else was there in the beginning?

And clearly you're not reading mine. I said there was no mileage in going over all this.

Have you been drinking?

And clearly you're not reading mine. I said there was no mileage in going over all this.

Have you been drinking?

Err, what? I'd just like to know what abuse he got at games in the beginning of his tenure. You seem to be dodging this question because there was none.

For the record I don't even drink.

close-your-eyes-clear-your-heart-let-it-go.jpg?w=500&h=500

Read the post you're quoting FFS. I just want to know WHY the deal fell through. How is that not letting go?

Err, what? I'd just like to know what abuse he got at games in the beginning of his tenure. You seem to be dodging this question because there was none.

Not dodging the question at all. Pointless pursuing it, as we clearly see things differently. That's what a discussion board is all about, non?

And I wouldn't wish to divert attention away from your main concerns - OGS and the welfare of Gazton.

Mantis, dude, we will never know why the deal fell through. Only OGS and the people around him, and some Villa staff will know the reasons why. (and probs SAF).... And that's even if there was a 'deal' in the first place.

We don't even know why our manager of 4 seasons left us a week before the start of a new season.

Sometimes the fans miss out on the good bits that make football interesting off the pitch. - it's just the way it is bud.

Gonna have to give up praying for this one Man(tis).

Not dodging the question at all. Pointless pursuing it, as we clearly see things differently. That's what a discussion board is all about, non?

And I wouldn't wish to divert attention away from your main concerns - OGS and the welfare of Gazton.

Yes you are. You still haven't told me what abuse he got at the beginning of his tenure (besides the protests). I'm genuinely curious. I'm not a ST holder so I might have missed some.

How do you know there was a deal to fall through in the first place?

I was excited about the OGS thing as well, but in hindsight (and FWIW as I'm not ITK) it appears that we were keen to speak to him but he was only likely to ever be a backup option. Because the whole thing got blown up in the press, particularly in dramatic fashion in Norway, OGS was forced into a corner and had to clarify his position. He probably got the nod from Villa that he was unlikely to be offered the job as they had bigger fish to fry, so he used 'family reasons' to save face. I think if he was our number 1 target he'd have been announced as manager by now.

Just my opinion.

How do you know there was a deal to fall through in the first place?

I was excited about the OGS thing as well, but in hindsight (and FWIW as I'm not ITK) it appears that we were keen to speak to him but he was only likely to ever be a backup option. Because the whole thing got blown up in the press, particularly in dramatic fashion in Norway, OGS was forced into a corner and had to clarify his position. He probably got the nod from Villa that he was unlikely to be offered the job as they had bigger fish to fry, so he used 'family reasons' to save face. I think if he was our number 1 target he'd have been announced as manager by now.

Just my opinion.

I thought that at first, but we've heard nothing since then. Just have to wait and see I guess.

OGS was definately Not offered the Villa job, nor was he going to be at this time.

Quite right too. Why go for excitement and fear of relegation when you can have mediocrity. And fear of relegation. More of the same please Randy, I LOVED last season.

OGS was definately Not offered the Villa job, nor was he going to be at this time.

Quite right too. Why go for excitement and fear of relegation when you can have mediocrity. And fear of relegation. More of the same please Randy, I LOVED last season.

Let's wait and see who we get first, but I'm becoming more and more pessimistic as time wears on.

Let's wait and see who we get first, but I'm becoming more and more pessimistic as time wears on.

I don't think the fact that things seem to be dragging on is something to be pessimistic about. There's a mini manager merry-go-round happening at the moment. I think when Liverpool take their manager, everything will fall into place.

I don't think the fact that things seem to be dragging on is something to be pessimistic about. There's a mini manager merry-go-round happening at the moment. I think when Liverpool take their manager, everything will fall into place.

Maybe.

Wonder if we'll see anything happen this week?

Maybe.

Wonder if we'll see anything happen this week?

Apparently Martinez is having further talks with Liverpool tomorrow according to Whelan. The fact that Martinez has been on holiday and is talking with Liverpool makes me think he's our first choice and we're waiting to see what happens, which is why there hasn't been any proper action on our behalf just yet. Again, just my guess.

Have you been drinking?

close-your-eyes-clear-your-heart-let-it-go.jpg?w=500&h=500

Read the post you're quoting FFS. I just want to know WHY the deal fell through. How is that not letting go?

Well clearly you want an explanation to almost everything. Why did OGS not sign, what went wrong. You keep bringing it up, so that to me implies you can't let things go. Move on. Nothing that will be said now will make him our manager. Move along for crying out loud. FFFFFFFFFFFS!

I just hope whoever it is... We all support him. Not everyone will agree with the appointmernt. He will need time to rebuild the squad and hopefully randy backs him financially.