General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

They have known since Bolton that Mcleish would be gone so their research / brainstorming on new manager possibles should have started then.

I also see people saying that Plop, Boggies and Roman's lot have not yet appointed. I would argue that our position in terms of squad strength and squad rebuilding required makes it more urgent that we have a manager in place pretty soon.

Whoever it is there will be a wave of disappointment and we'll live up to our awful rep of moaning too much.

I just hope whoever it is given backing from the board and the fans.

There are some truly horrifying candidates out there and not many ones that appear decent, then again Pardew never appeared decent before he went to Newcastle, found the right club for him.

Whoever it is there will be a wave of disappointment and we'll live up to our awful rep of moaning too much.

I just hope whoever it is given backing from the board and the fans.

There are some truly horrifying candidates out there and not many ones that appear decent, then again Pardew never appeared decent before he went to Newcastle, found the right club for him.

It helps when Graham Carr is buying the players.

The fact OGS said that we had approached him for further talks, leads me to believe he was 1st choice. As the time from when he pulled out to where we are now, if he truly wasn't I would have expected the No.1 choice to be in charge by now.

RM presser tomorrow may shake things up a bit, strange that none of the 4 clubs without a manage has seemingly made a move yet. Would indicate that RM to Liverpool may be holding things up.

This is frustrating.

There is no press conference tomorrow, that was just a rumour.

Last years managerial appointment was shocking, disgusting, ridiculous and has caused many if not most Villa fans to lose respect and faith in this board, rightfully in my opinion. BUT what they were looking for last year is not what they are looking for this year. All they cared about was the trimming of the wage bill and someone mean and ugly :) enough to be the bad Santa and work with no money. What idiot would take that on? Oh right McLeish. The Villa situation was still a huge step up for that clown. However, This past season proved to the board that the fans won't tolerate the negative football, the negative attitudes of players and the negative direction of the club. The manager for this upcoming season will not have to be bad Santa and will probably be able to move along some of the shit players who are soon out of contract. So...a very long winded post to say that the Villa job this year is a better job than last year's job and should be appealling to a broader mix of applicants.

Gus Poyet is backing RDM for the Chelsea job.

A bit of creative thinking could tell you he doesnt want him to not be appointed and become a potential rival for the villa job.

The fact OGS said that we had approached him for further talks, leads me to believe he was 1st choice. As the time from when he pulled out to where we are now, if he truly wasn't I would have expected the No.1 choice to be in charge by now.

Or our first choice might not have Villa as his first choice? I don't think we're going to appoint a half decent manager before Chelsea and Liverpool do - everyone would be waiting for them to make a move.

I did disagree with this at the time, but i must admit it looks to be the case now.

If not then they have been extremely lacklustre in going about this.

In order to make the right appointment we have to firstly have the right package to offer the right target. That takes ambition and I'm not sure Randy is prepared to put enough into the package to make it a deal clincher.

Secondly we have to be in the face of our prime target! No more MR. Nice guy. Kick arse, squeeze bollocks, rattle cages .... do whatever it takes to get the right man.

It's not difficult to do, unless you're the archetypical "Gentleman" with a poodle for a sidekick.

Or our first choice might not have Villa as his first choice? I don't think we're going to appoint a half decent manager before Chelsea and Liverpool do - everyone would be waiting for them to make a move.

Chelsea only want one man, and RA is getting the serious hump about the fact he hasn't signed yet. In fact Pep probably knows this and is just watching the number on the cheque getting bigger and bigger.

Liverpool, well...... whoever it is won't last a season.

Gus Poyet is backing RDM for the Chelsea job.

A bit of creative thinking could tell you he doesnt want him to not be appointed and become a potential rival for the villa job.

He's been saying that RDM, or any of the former Chelsea players who are now in management, presumably including himself, should get the Chelsea job for the last few months now.