General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Didn't Gazton say he'd hopefully have an update off his source over the weekend? Has he posted at all?

Does it look like it? :winkold:

The only self-declared ITK we've had is hogso about 4 pages back saying the new manager is Grayson, but I think he was just being a cnt.

Or maybe Folkski they used to be team-mates and he wants him to do well, just a thought!

More than likely but VTers are notorious for reading through the lines dont you know ;)

Are we taking our time to make sure we get it right?

Or

Are we taking our time because no one decent wants the job and we are left trying to sort out a plan D?

This one I think. Because either the vision and package is not good or we are not selling it well enough.

Didn't Gazton say he'd hopefully have an update off his source over the weekend? Has he posted at all?

The only self-declared ITK we've had is hogso about 4 pages back saying the new manager is Grayson, but I think he was just being a cnt.

LOL. Fair point, didnt know if anything cryptic or whatever was posted early this morning. Sigh. It's only been 2 weeks since AM left but it's gotten boring fast.

Well Dave Whelan has given RM till Thursday to decide his future!

No offence to you SIT but what exactly happens if Thursday comes and goes & RM hasnt deicded. Whelan will hardly sack him, tell him he cant take the Liverpool job.

LOL. Fair point, didnt know if anything cryptic or whatever was posted early this morning. Sigh. It's only been 2 weeks since AM left but it's gotten boring fast.

Thats because we have done it for the last 3 years so the novely has worn off!

If there is one thing I would hope we would learn after the last two weeks is taking supposed ITK with a huge dollop of salt

If there is one thing I would hope we would learn after the last two weeks is taking supposed ITK with a huge dollop of salt

and ketchup. i like ketchup.

I agree but just reporting what Whelan has stated. You should see what the Scouse think of him, its hilarious!

Whelans a prized parrott.

Would anyone agree or argue that Lerners been made look silly by two men who started with nothing and built their own fortunes, in Dave Whelan & Rokke. While Randy has just inherited his wealth was born into it and therefore doesnt know who to fight tooth and nail for something?

When we appoint a manager other than OGS I'll order a ton of the stuff. Until then I'm clinging to Gazton's second-last post (which warned that a charade would be carried out before OGS was appointed), no matter how desperate and tragic that sounds, er, and is.

(btw for those who didn't know, Gazton's last post apparently said he wasn't sure if this was the charade or something more serious)

Like someone said earlier, you can't really blame the ITK for that. Something changed with OGS which no one could have forecast. You don't go from saying "I'll move to Aston Villa if an offer is made" to "I want to withdraw from the race" lightly. Something happened and it's all a bit fishy IMO. No ITK can account for that happening. It looked to the world like the move was definitely on.

So, I do think some ITK info can be trusted. But, just because they are ITK about some things, doesn't mean they know everything.

Are we taking our time to make sure we get it right?

Or

Are we taking our time because no one decent wants the job and we are left trying to sort out a plan D?

John, from the posts you and I have made over the last two or three years, guess which one of those statements I think it is.

Like someone said earlier, you can't really blame the ITK for that. Something changed with OGS which no one could have forecast. You don't go from saying "I'll move to Aston Villa if an offer is made" to "I want to withdraw from the race" lightly. Something happened and it's all a bit fishy IMO. No ITK can account for that happening. It looked to the world like the move was definitely on.

So, I do think some ITK info can be trusted. But, just because they are ITK about some things, doesn't mean they know everything.

I'm not blaming anybody for anything. I'm just saying that people should be more cautious before hanging on the word of anyone suggesting they are ITK. And that includes when I pass on something I have heard as well, even I know that when I get told something it may come out, may never come out or may just go away. I understand the feeding frenzy for rumour and gossip, but a degree of salt pinching is required.

When we appoint a manager other than OGS I'll order a ton of the stuff. Until then I'm clinging to Gazton's second-last post (which warned that a charade would be carried out before OGS was appointed), no matter how desperate and tragic that sounds, er, and is.

(btw for those who didn't know, Gazton's last post apparently said he wasn't sure if this was the charade or something more serious)

Think that one has to be dead and buried now. No way can he change his mond now without losing a lot of face and leaving a question mark against his name as either a ditherer or someone not 100% truthful. I mean using your family as the excuse and then changing your mind does not go down well.

I mean using your family as the excuse and then changing your mind does not go down well.

Actually, if it was his family who decided they would stay in Norway, isn't it his family who can decide that actually they'd be quite happy to move back to England?

OGS doesn't need to change his mind at all......