General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I can see us struggling as well!

Lambert or Rodgers, I think it is just opinion and gut feeling to be honest. I prefer Lambert wouldn't mind Rodgers

Posted this last week, for me it still holds true in terms of managers linked with us and how I would feel about them

Gutted Group

Strachan, Mcarthy, Grayson, Clark, Holloway, Withe, Bruce, Bradley, Ince, Grant, Mcallister, Southgate, Wlater Smith, Neil Lennon, Mclaren, Roy Keane, KMAC, John Gregory, Mcoist

Meh Group

RDM, Bentiez, Curbishley, Hoddle, Hughton, Sven, Klinsmann, Zola, Ranieri

Yes I'd take these group

Lambert, Adkins, Martinez, Poyet, Avb, Brendan Rodgers, Di Canio, Moyes, Bilic, Rijkaard, Capello

While he is available? He has been available since December 2010 and nobody has snapped him up, I'm not sure he is going anywhere fast and I think its fairly certain he won't be heading here.
Not that I think he'll be our manager, but why is it "fairly certain" he won't be heading here?

While he is available? He has been available since December 2010 and nobody has snapped him up, I'm not sure he is going anywhere fast and I think its fairly certain he won't be heading here.
Very much a Meh appointment for me so I hope so

Not that I think he'll be our manager, but why is it "fairly certain" he won't be heading here?

Well he was available and seemingly interviewed the last time around and not appointed either because we weren't keen or he wasn't. If we weren't I can't see that it has changed and if he wasn't then he certainly wouldn't this time as things have got worse since then.

Added to that he doesn't fit the profile they've given and to go back on that now would make them look rather foolish or should I say more foolish than they've already been made to look.

Sorry but suggesting the likes of Adkins Rodgers Lambert are better managers than Rafa Benitez is ridiculous
or a diffeent opinion to yours

At least I never suggested the bloke behind me at Tescos was ITK :winkold:

Posted this last week, for me it still holds true in terms of managers linked with us and how I would feel about them

Gutted Group

Strachan, Mcarthy, Grayson, Clark, Holloway, Withe, Bruce, Bradley, Ince, Grant, Mcallister, Southgate, Wlater Smith, Neil Lennon, Mclaren, Roy Keane, KMAC, John Gregory, Mcoist

Meh Group

RDM, Bentiez, Curbishley, Hoddle, Hughton, Sven, Klinsmann, Zola, Ranieri

Yes I'd take these group

Lambert, Adkins, Martinez, Poyet, Avb, Brendan Rodgers, Di Canio, Moyes, Bilic, Rijkaard, Capello

Good list!

Have to agree with you CI on Rafa.

Probably the best we could hope for and he would carry on what GH was trying to do.

Yep, the only truly successful manager we'd have a hope of getting. I don't think he would do it though, unless he really has been getting no offers in the last 12 months.

Would be happy with an up and coming manager too but it would be more risky, potentially could be great.

I think Martinez would be a decent fit. Lambert would be the safe option, a bit boring but safe. I honestly think Holloway might be good fun, but he's a bit of a knob. Rafa would want money, Di Matteo, don't know why I don't want him, just don't. Forget the Southgates, Graysons, Clarkes, Curbs etc. I wasn't that keen on OGS because of the risk, although would most definitely have backed him. Poyet, really not sure about him.

I think Martinez would be a decent fit. Lambert would be the safe option, a bit boring but safe. I honestly think Holloway might be good fun, but he's a bit of a knob. Rafa would want money, Di Matteo, don't know why I don't want him, just don't. Forget the Southgates, Graysons, Clarkes, Curbs etc. I wasn't that keen on OGS because of the risk, although would most definitely have backed him. Poyet, really not sure about him.

this is my reason for wanting Rafa, if he came, he would only come with investment.

I just want it to be over with already.

There's something exciting about the not knowing though mate. I agree with you to an extent as I'd like to be signing bosmans. That said, nothing really happens until July. At least we've got some footie to watch.