General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Didn't Gazton say he'd hopefully have an update off his source over the weekend? Has he posted at all?
If there is one thing I would hope we would learn after the last two weeks is taking supposed ITK with a huge dollop of salt
When we appoint a manager other than OGS I'll order a ton of the stuff. Until then I'm clinging to Gazton's second-last post (which warned that a charade would be carried out before OGS was appointed), no matter how desperate and tragic that sounds, er, and is.

(btw for those who didn't know, Gazton's last post apparently said he wasn't sure if this was the charade or something more serious)

Think that one has to be dead and buried now. No way can he change his mond now without losing a lot of face and leaving a question mark against his name as either a ditherer or someone not 100% truthful. I mean using your family as the excuse and then changing your mind does not go down well.

I'm not sure I subscribe to that completely. OGS has a lot of charm and he could probably pull it off. There's always something like "We've got together and had a chat and decided to reconsider etc. bla blah."

They have known since Bolton that Mcleish would be gone so their research / brainstorming on new manager possibles should have started then.

Have they? Was this officially announced?

They have known since Bolton that Mcleish would be gone so their research / brainstorming on new manager possibles should have started then.

Have they? Was this officially announced?

Faulkner said it on his radio interview. He was asked the question if McLeish had won at Norwich would he have kept his job. He answered that they had decided previous to this and the Bolton game was the turning point.

Rob to be fair he's right, read the statements from PF and RL, that Bolton game is when it was decided AM had no future at VP. All journalists said he was gone after that game, that statement released by Villa about 3 games said it all.

Didn't Gazton say he'd hopefully have an update off his source over the weekend? Has he posted at all?
If there is one thing I would hope we would learn after the last two weeks is taking supposed ITK with a huge dollop of salt
When we appoint a manager other than OGS I'll order a ton of the stuff. Until then I'm clinging to Gazton's second-last post (which warned that a charade would be carried out before OGS was appointed), no matter how desperate and tragic that sounds, er, and is.

(btw for those who didn't know, Gazton's last post apparently said he wasn't sure if this was the charade or something more serious)

Think that one has to be dead and buried now. No way can he change his mond now without losing a lot of face and leaving a question mark against his name as either a ditherer or someone not 100% truthful. I mean using your family as the excuse and then changing your mind does not go down well.

I'm not sure I subscribe to that completely. OGS has a lot of charm and he could probably pull it off. There's always something like "We've got together and had a chat and decided to reconsider etc. bla blah."

I think, and I am not criticising you for it BTW as I can understand why, but I think that is clutching at straws a bit! I seriously think it is DITW and I am not ITK

I mean using your family as the excuse and then changing your mind does not go down well.

Actually, if it was his family who decided they would stay in Norway, isn't it his family who can decide that actually they'd be quite happy to move back to England?

OGS doesn't need to change his mind at all......

The strange thing about playing the family card was the fact that OGS had previously said that his kids were so anglicised that they didn't want to go skiing, instead they just wanted to go back to the UK at every opportunity.

How about this, Richard?:

If OGS has really pulled out of the race, you'd think the ITK's would pop up with an explanation, or even an apology.

Whereas if this is the mysterious "charade", you'd expect them to clam up completely to save OGS further trouble. At the moment they're like a whole atol full of clams.

(Yes. I am. a desperate, blinkered optimist)

How about this, Richard?:

If OGS has really pulled out of the race, you'd think the ITK's would pop up with an explanation, or even an apology.

Whereas if this is the mysterious "charade", you'd expect them to clam up completely to save OGS further trouble. At the moment they're like a whole atol full of clams.

(Yes. I am. a desperate, blinkered optimist)

I'm sure you'll get abused and called embarrassing and a disgrace etc etc but it's nice to see some positivity on here once in a while.

Maybe they could PM us all if something is going on? :lol:

Wish Gazton would come on and put this to bed once and for all. Personally I don't think OGS is coming but a small part of me isn't ruling it out.

Why are you still hanging on what he said? I'm not saying he's making it up, but whoever his source is doesn't seem the most reliable to me. It already has been put to bed, when OGS explained why he was staying at Molde, he's no longer an option.

Rob to be fair he's right, read the statements from PF and RL, that Bolton game is when it was decided AM had no future at VP. All journalists said he was gone after that game, that statement released by Villa about 3 games said it all.

Ahaaa I see. I honestly hadn't seen/ heard that from PF. It was hard to keep up, amongst the excitement of us sacking Eck!

Wish Gazton would come on and put this to bed once and for all. Personally I don't think OGS is coming but a small part of me isn't ruling it out.

Why are you still hanging on what he said? I'm not saying he's making it up, but whoever his source is doesn't seem the most reliable to me. It already has been put to bed, when OGS explained why he was staying at Molde, he's no longer an option.

I think his "source" is Stephen Ireland, or at least that is what he has said in the past.

Gazton said he'd see his source at the weekend. I'm more interested to know what happened than anything.