General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

There's only two ways of looking at the silence.

Either they've got something massive lined up (a la the Darren Bent transfer)

Or they haven't got a clue and are panicking (a la Alex McLeish)

I'm holding out for the first option (although the second is still a very distinct possibility).

Yep. We're either in for someone incredibly shit or someone incredibly exciting.

We should have sorted this out in Jan

McLeish won 2 games out of 19 in the PL since Xmas

Hang on a minute, weren't you going on about how we "turned a corner" around Christmas? I seem to recall you defending McLeish up until near the end.

Gus Poyet is doing the rounds on Twitter now! all started from the Actor Louis Murrall saying he knows 100% it's him as he should of been playing in a Chelsea testimonial match today but he has had to leave for discussions with Villa...

Not sure how true he is but that's where it all started!

He will not mention any names, he has given loads of hints and DM’d a few people to get bets on!

I really can't understand how people can buy into that. I have read his tweets and they are just all hearsay. Everything he has said could have been said by anyone. He must be very bored today. I am not buying it & I certainly won't be betting on his advice.

i thought that to but he seems to have a lot of people eating out of his hands! when i questioned it i had loads of people saying trust him...

here's one

jordan ‏@jordanstokes

@abc123cox82 @louismurrall #avfc #ff mate I know louis, if he knows, he knows! #newvillaboss #justsaying

i won't believe anything until it's announced but i just wanted to let people know where it all came from.

Hi all from Brisbane. Carrying on the left field suggestions, what about Nigel Clough? Would fit the boards requirements and always seems to get his teams playing decent stuff.

laughing.jpg

Well judging by your previous posts you are resigned to KMac, Grayson or Mad Mick. I would take NC over any of those to be honest!!

haha. It was a joke.

Thank you for reading my posts.

That's ok! Am new on VT so trying to "get to know" people on here!

There's only two ways of looking at the silence.

Either they've got something massive lined up (a la the Darren Bent transfer)

Or they haven't got a clue and are panicking (a la Alex McLeish)

I'm holding out for the first option (although the second is still a very distinct possibility).

Yep. We're either in for someone incredibly shit or someone incredibly exciting.

We should have sorted this out in Jan

McLeish won 2 games out of 19 in the PL since Xmas

Hang on a minute, weren't you going on about how we "turned a corner" around Christmas? I seem to recall you defending McLeish up until near the end.

For a minute then i thought you said we scored from a corner around christmas ! .....VT would have gone into meltdown them !

I never defended McLeish

I just didn't jump on the vile personal insult bus

Yes you did. After the Fulham win you were talking about the green shoots of recovery, about him turning it around and about how it had shut his critics up.

Hi all from Brisbane. Carrying on the left field suggestions, what about Nigel Clough? Would fit the boards requirements and always seems to get his teams playing decent stuff.

laughing.jpg

Well judging by your previous posts you are resigned to KMac, Grayson or Mad Mick. I would take NC over any of those to be honest!!

haha. It was a joke.

Thank you for reading my posts.

That's ok! Am new on VT so trying to "get to know" people on here!

It was just banter. Wasn't intended to offend. Welcome.

Here's another left field stab in the dark

Darren Ferguson

Presumably he would have THE letter too!!

Leave him where he is please :winkold: (username...)

In all seriousness, it amuses me that people like Grayson, Clark on Poyet are linked and Fergie Jnr isn't. He's had less money than all of them and Posh have been playing the best football I've ever seen at London Road. It has been miles better than anything Villa served up in the last 12 months. I suppose his time at PNE counts against him, but he was clearly messed around by the board there - they've hardly come back strongly since he left.

When he's been linked to Premiership jobs in the past he has said something along the lines that at that level tactics don't come into it, it's just all about motivation.

Not sure I totally agree with that...

Why are so many people on twatter putting up "no rush, get the right man". Forgive me if I'm a bit hesitent here, but haven't we got a bare bones shit squad that needs totally reshaking? And at least half a new staff to bring in? Time isn't on our sodding side that's for sure!

Its Poyet, announcement tomorrow...

Seriously i have no idea, but i am actually excited this summer cause i believe things will change to the better (well, hopefully it cant be any worse), and i cant remember the last time i was excited about something going on at the club (propably the signing of Bent).

I actually tought the games last season (under McLeish) got more and more boring to watch as the season progressed and in the end i was almost happy with ties because at least we didnt loose and i didnt even believe we were able to win a game.

So to end this rant, i would like to finish with the something i picked up from the X-files: I WANT TO BELIEVE :)