General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I think Gus Poyet fits RL's criteria perfectly. Cheap and easy to get with potential. Cant imagine him turning Villa down either so no risk of being embarrassed yet again. IMO if we have no money we could do worse.

Okay I don’t claim to be ITK but 1 read a post 2 weeks ago on a betting forum from a guy who was adamant that Poyet was the next Villa Manager but it would take 3 - 4 weeks. Same guy posted last night saying Villa were due to talk to Poyet today or tomorrow. Hope its the case.

cant see it being poyet becaus ethe compenstaion will be huge. he signed a 5 year deal with brighton

would be happy with poyet. his footballs good, conducts himself well and has a real aura about him

If its an exciting season end you're after (for all the wrong reasons) then Martinez is your man

Also he's very hit & miss in the market, Mario Bosselli anyone for the thick end of £7m !!

I honestly think people are just throwing his name about because it's a name that's out there

It's Mauro, not Mario.

I think the deal was done by the previous regime. Bit like Holman here.

In fact as far as I remember Bruce tried to scupper the deal and bring him to Sunderland.

Bruce used the same scouting contacts at Sunderland as he did at Wigan.

Who is this Actor Julie? And what is his relevance?

He's a Villa fan - he seems to know Andy Townsend

and both of them seem to know who the next Villa manager is going to be.

I'm just trying to suss out all the tweets.

The tweets are about Poyet

and Poyet has not turned up to a charity match at stamford bridge today..... 2+2 maybe

cant see it being poyet becaus ethe compenstaion will be huge. he signed a 5 year deal with brighton

would be happy with poyet. his footballs good, conducts himself well and has a real aura about him

2 million compensation i believe. Be better than paying anything to McAllister

If people are starting to admit knowing who the manager is an announcement must be close...

or they're talking utter crap.

Just a guess... Spanish is this guys first language. He's having an interview today with Villa and this is a clue.

Andy Townsend knows who it is and so does that actor.

Mark ‏@MarkWatters72

@Rick_avfc yes Alistair Campbell tweeted this morning that GP was a no show and needed a player.

It's either Martinez or Poyet... but because his odds are now falling I think it maybe Poyet.

However how does anyone know for sure... Things change as we've seen??!!