General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

i dont think RDM is as bad as some make out. rodgers flopped in his first management job but look at him now? so RDM didnt do great at west brom but how can anyone ignore a cup double? madness

the guy beat barceloan for godness sake and won them CL something not even mourinho couldnt do. would much rather have him than martinez whose best achievement is keeping wigan up in the last 5 games

RDM isnt my first choice but to rule him out completely is foolish considering the position we are in, we are not a top 6 club anymore unfortunately :(

I hear what you are saying about beating Barcelona but did you see the tactics he used to do that? It was like a scene from Custers last stand. 10 men in the box. After McNegative last year we need something more exciting to bring fans back.

I want to see us go out and attack the 'elite' teams like the 2-2 against Man Utd under Houllier and I worry that DiMatteo would be tempted to employ negative tactics instead.

What a ridiculous argument, HELLO! HE BEAT BARCELONA! WITH 10 MEN!

It baffles me it really does, a guy who has just won the european cup gets less support than a guy with one season in norway.

the difference is we dont have a drogba or mata in our team so it would be basically like mcleish football all over again with RDM

I'm really hoping it won't be Martinez, don't rate him at all.

Surely you would take Martinez over Megson/bruce/Mclaren/Mcarthy though?

Oh definitely, without a doubt. But I don't think any of those names are even being considered.

Well Poyet it is my "i'd have these" group. Would be an interesting and exciting appointment for me, not my first choice but nowhere near my last

Someone to get behind and would have a winning mentality I think

If its an exciting season end you're after (for all the wrong reasons) then Martinez is your man

Also he's very hit & miss in the market, Mario Bosselli anyone for the thick end of £7m !!

I honestly think people are just throwing his name about because it's a name that's out there

Just like last time, no more ITK snippets once the primary choice has dried up. I'm hoping that we made no offer because a better candidate lined up, but I can't see anything concrete or "truthful rumour" coming out for weeks. What a bore!