General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Anyone else will like there's a big appointment brewing? Ever since the OGS saga it's been eerily quiet.

Cometh the hour.......up steps big Alan Curbishley - hed be great for us...

That Ladrup wikki entry does fit us like a glove though - that would get me excited (not as much as Curbs obviously) !

Here is the link to the thread of BHA fans discussing Poyet/Villa.

We seem to have a reputation for giving managers stick. Why is this? I know Houllier got a lot of stick (most of it unfair IMO) but McLeish hardly got any, and even the bit that he did get was well deserved. The media are to blame for this. They make out that we were on McLeish's back from day one.

Look at the O'Neill incidents in his last year, a lot of fans were annoyed that, although having a good year, if he had made some slight adjustments we could have achieved more. and the fans pointed these out. But instead of the press highlighting O'neill's oobvious flaws they decided to criticse the fans saying we were being harsh and having short memories.

:?

I think your statement shows EXACTLY why we have that reputation.

Maybe if the fans had focussed on his positives rather than wishing the press would highlight his flaws !!

Maybe they are now looking for out of work managers.. They tried OGS first as he has the most to give up and it didn't pan out. Now they are looking at the likes of Benitez, AVB etc..

Gus Poyet is doing the rounds on Twitter now! all started from the Actor Louis Murrall saying he knows 100% it's him as he should of been playing in a Chelsea testimonial match today but he has had to leave for discussions with Villa...

Not sure how true he is but that's where it all started!

He will not mention any names, he has given loads of hints and DM’d a few people to get bets on!

Anyone else will like there's a big appointment brewing? Ever since the OGS saga it's been eerily quiet.

Cometh the hour.......up steps big Alan Curbishley - hed be great for us...

That Ladrup wikki entry does fit us like a glove though - that would get me excited (not as much as Curbs obviously) !

Put the crack pipe down fella. Curbs. FFS!

Hi all from Brisbane. Carrying on the left field suggestions, what about Nigel Clough? Would fit the boards requirements and always seems to get his teams playing decent stuff.

laughing.jpg

Well judging by your previous posts you are resigned to KMac, Grayson or Mad Mick. I would take NC over any of those to be honest!!

There's only two ways of looking at the silence.

Either they've got something massive lined up (a la the Darren Bent transfer)

Or they haven't got a clue and are panicking (a la Alex McLeish)

I'm holding out for the first option (although the second is still a very distinct possibility).

When are they going to announce who the new manager is ?

I thought it was supposed to be friday ?

Probably a week before the season starts so that he can't spend much of Lerners money?

Here is the link to the thread of BHA fans discussing Poyet/Villa.

We seem to have a reputation for giving managers stick. Why is this? I know Houllier got a lot of stick (most of it unfair IMO) but McLeish hardly got any, and even the bit that he did get was well deserved. The media are to blame for this. They make out that we were on McLeish's back from day one.

Look at the O'Neill incidents in his last year, a lot of fans were annoyed that, although having a good year, if he had made some slight adjustments we could have achieved more. and the fans pointed these out. But instead of the press highlighting O'neill's oobvious flaws they decided to criticse the fans saying we were being harsh and having short memories.

:?

I think your statement shows EXACTLY why we have that reputation.

Maybe if the fans had focussed on his positives rather than wishing the press would highlight his flaws !!

Haha, maybe, but I just feel some of the fans, at the tim, really thought just the odd tweak, things could've been even better, just like the way the Spurs fans go on at Arry. Also the Moscow thing didn't endere him to some.

Anyway on topic, if we are going left field what about Ricky S'Bragia :-) What happened to him?

Gus Poyet is doing the rounds on Twitter now! all started from the Actor Louis Murrall saying he knows 100% it's him as he should of been playing in a Chelsea testimonial match today but he has had to leave for discussions with Villa...

He will not mention any names, he has given loads of hints and DM’d a few people to get bets on!

I just googled his name, I don't trust him

img_4cd856306b6d1.jpg

I really can't understand how people can buy into that. I have read his tweets and they are just all hearsay. Everything he has said could have been said by anyone. He must be very bored today. I am not buying it & I certainly won't be betting on his advice.

Hi all from Brisbane. Carrying on the left field suggestions, what about Nigel Clough? Would fit the boards requirements and always seems to get his teams playing decent stuff.

laughing.jpg

Well judging by your previous posts you are resigned to KMac, Grayson or Mad Mick. I would take NC over any of those to be honest!!

haha. It was a joke.

Thank you for reading my posts.

And I said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was any of those three!