General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Liverpool's interest is cooling in AVB. Really hope Randy sticks his neck out and makes a punt for him.

- No compensation needs paying

- The mood amongst fans would raise a great deal

- Season ticket sales would increase

So all told, it won't cost too much to actually bring him in.

His compensation package with Chelsea pays him his weekly wage until such time that he gains future employment. He will not want that employment to be on much less than his compo

Liverpool's interest is cooling in AVB. Really hope Randy sticks his neck out and makes a punt for him.

- No compensation needs paying

- The mood amongst fans would raise a great deal

- Season ticket sales would increase

So all told, it won't cost too much to actually bring him in.

His compensation package with Chelsea pays him his weekly wage until such time that he gains future employment. He will not want that employment to be on much less than his compo

It would be career suicide for him to take the job at Villa.

He will be in no rush to take another job and will get far better offers than anything we could come up with.

He needs his next move to be the right one and that isn't coming here in my opinion. Sadly.

AVB is a 100% no from me. AVB would definitely not want the job, and RL couldn't afford the kind of package to try and change his mind.

I also think that AVB genuinely didn't understand the Premiership from the top end, and would be even more clueless about starting from scratch at the wrong end of the Prem.

Why so?

He's still only 34, what harm could be done at Villa? Imo, it would be far more risky for him to take a higher profile job (say, the job at Roma where he has been strongly linked) as one more failure at that level could spell the end for him. I think that long term, he needs to take a step back and earn his crust, so to speak.

How about Ian Holloway? He'd be vibrant and would deliver a compelling team. I'd be happy with that

We're not a big enough club for him.

For a man with such a high opinion of himself I'm sure he has his sights set much higher than a 'tin pot club that used to be famous'

Completely and utterly out of leftfield now, like really **** out of nowhere; what about Paul Clement? Took up coaching at a relatively young age (no playing career to speak of), former youth coach with Fulham (whilst simultaneously working as assistant coach with the Republic of Ireland's U-21 squad) and Chelsea, made his way up the ladder to coach the Chelsea reserves and was subsequently appointed assistant manager when Guus Hiddink took charge. Left Chelsea for the #2 role at Blackburn when Villas-Boas was brought in, but Carlo Ancelotti was so impressed with Clement during his time at the Chelsea helm that he appointed Clement as his assistant at Paris St-Germain back in January.

1899417_84bcb7d6-6b0a-11e1-bec6-00151780182c.jpg

Why so?

He's still only 34, what harm could be done at Villa? Imo, it would be far more risky for him to take a higher profile job (say, the job at Roma where he has been strongly linked) as one more failure at that level could spell the end for him. I think that long term, he needs to take a step back and earn his crust, so to speak.

Correct.

He's not a management superstar yet.

The Villa job is not beneath him. He is not out of our reach.

That doesnt mean we'll get him or that we've even spoke to him yet but I havent heard one convincing reason yet as to why he's out of our reach.

One very good and one very ordinary spell so far and he's barely older than many players.

According to The Indipendant, Martinez is back in our sights again.If you read a readers comments at the end of the story, he says " why would anybody want to manage a tinpot club like Aston Villa,I would rather manage Gateshead reserves "

I would like Villa to approach Guus Hiddink or Ian Holloway.

Martinez now favourite for Liverpool job - but very close between him and AVB - However I feel the liverpool board may spring a surprise.

Question:- is 'out of the left field' a new phrase ? - I hadn't heard it before someone mentioned it about the new wolves boss ......now its said all the time.......

I kinda hoping our next manager is terry field, ......ie field from the left field ?

Why ?

He has done very well at Blackpool, and on top of that ther teally deserved to win Vs West Ham.

Don't think that fans would want half-arsed manager who used to be famous.

After McStupid I think most fane would welcome Kermit the frog ?!