General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

If its an exciting season end you're after (for all the wrong reasons) then Martinez is your man

Also he's very hit & miss in the market, Mario Bosselli anyone for the thick end of £7m !!

I honestly think people are just throwing his name about because it's a name that's out there

It's Mauro, not Mario.

Poyet worked with Damien Comolli at Spurs. Hmm....were the stories about Comolli being seen at VP true? BTW I've just stuck a tenner on Poyet so that virtually kills off any chance of him being appointed ;)

Just been doing a bit of digging into this actor's tweets and his friends....following the trail.

:detect:

He's a Villa fan. This caught my interest.

Andy Townsend ‏@AndyTownsend_AV

@louismurrall Good Man ! I rate "him" & he's known not 2 take crap off his players - which lets face it is gonna happen unless he gets rid !

Starting to realise there are a lot of Villa fans on twitter who were not brought up on the traditions of success and so think Hoddle, KMac and Curbishley would be good for us. These are not winners when it comes to managing, they are nearly men, also rans and nobodies. They do not inspire or create belief. They have either been out of the game for far too long or have shown they do not have the ability to lead from the front.

I suggested on twitter that we will not get top 6 with Lerner in charge and was hit back with the fact I should support MUFC or Mufc.

The ambition has gone away from this club from top to bottom, if wanting success is so wrong.

Gary MacAllister as short as 4 to f***ing one

I'm sure it was mooted at the time but imagine all the hurt that could have been avoided if at the end of last season we'd asked GH to move upstairs and recruit players and given GMAC the manager's job.

Ah hindsight...

Personally, I'd still really like Martinez to be appointed.

I just think he's a very likeable guy and, despite his constant relegation battles with Wigan, I could see him easily acheiving mid-table finishes with Villa (as a starting point, to then hopefully work on......... and eventually come the new Arsene Wenger :winkold:)

Sorry if you've answered this question previously in the thread Richard, but who would you like as manager?

Or who are your choices in order of preference?

Answered a couple of times but here you go, my full "groupings"

No to the 2 Roberto's

I will be gutted if either is approached

I wouldn't be gutted with either. RDM is in the Meh group for me , not the gutted group.

You also have to be realistic about where we are as a club, that controls the degree of guttedness.

For me the groups are

Gutted Group

Strachan, Mcarthy, Grayson, Clark, Holloway, Withe, Bruce, Bradley, Ince, Grant, Mcallister, Southgate, Wlater Smith, Neil Lennon, Mclaren, Roy Keane, KMAC, John Gregory, Mcoist

Meh Group

RDM, Bentiez, Curbishley, Hoddle, Hughton, Sven, Klinsmann, Zola, Ranieri

Yes I'd take these group

Lambert, Adkins, Martinez, Poyet, Avb, Brendan Rodgers, Di Canio, Moyes, Bilic, Rijkaard, Capello

And I think for an order in terms of the I'd take these for the top three would be

Lambert

Adkins

Martinez

Cheers, I was just wondering.

My 'Yes' group is pretty much the same as yours. Although, I don't know enough about the managerial experience/ capabilities of half of your 'Meh' and 'Gutted' groups to really have an opinion on them.

Anyone still doubt that OGS wasn't the chosen one?

I still don't think its dead.

Remember big ron in the 90's on/off/on ????

Different times, different personalities involved

About BFR I have a friend who is a Donnie fan, I was amazed to find out that he (and lots in Yorkshire) still refere to BFR as JUDAS.

Who is this Actor Julie? And what is his relevance?

He's a Villa fan - he seems to know Andy Townsend

and both of them seem to know who the next Villa manager is going to be.

I'm just trying to suss out all the tweets.

Who is this Actor Julie? And what is his relevance?

He's a Villa fan - he seems to know Andy Townsend

and both of them seem to know who the next Villa manager is going to be.

I'm just trying to suss out all the tweets.

The tweets are about Poyet

Anyone still doubt that OGS wasn't the chosen one?

I still don't think its dead.

Remember big ron in the 90's on/off/on ????

I'm positive it's dead, OGS has had his mind made up for him by other people. It's an indication that he isn't ready for the huge task of managing Villa.