General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

TBF to Martinez he has had to pick up the pieces after seeing his best player/s sold for big dosh every summer...

And he has turned up some decent players AND got them playing great stuff at the DWB

Valencia, Palacios..... N'Zogbia

It's the defending I'd worry about.... but honestly... could it get much worse than Dunne, Collins et al this season??!!

Im a big fan of Martinez so sorry to be pedantic Julie, but didn't Bruce sign those players?

We have such a depleted squad. Even more so if Collins and Warnock are sold. We need a new manager in asap to rebuild our squad. We need the following first team players

RB, CB, LB, RM, DM, CM

Squad players

GK, ST

Is anyone else starting to get the feeling of shambles, scramble and farce that gradually took over our manager hunt last year?

From the little bit of whispers from B6 I've had...that certainly doesn't appear to be the case at all.....Matters are progressing on track.

In fact the staff at B6 get quite upset the fact that their employers are banded about as utter idiots by some of the fans.....

People should be aware that the employees hold their employer in high regard from what I've been told.... and comments like ... if only the fans knew what THIS football club does for the kids and the community around the football ground - let alone with Acorns, former players etc etc

- but it hardly gets a whisper in the press only too keen to bad mouth AVFC.

Why do you think players like Laursen & Mellberg would be back in a heartbeat?!!!

As I've tried to say before - Good employers and bad employers SOON get identified in any profession, so if a manager is KEEN to come to AVFC over another potentially bigger club. Dont be surprised!

It's not going to be AVB, let's be real here lads.

Even if we did somehow manage to get him, his tactics would be a nightmare with our squad. He tried to play a very high defensive line at Chelsea and it failed big time. If his tactical defending failed to work with players like Terry, Cole and Ivanovic can you imagine the chaos it would cause in our back line with dodgy **** like Hutton and Warnock. We can't defend as it is, nevermind playing a high defensive line as well. The other team break and we have Richard Dunne trying to run back and catch a pacey striker that has been given free roam of our half. No thanks. His man management skills also seemed poor. Quite a few Chelsea players have been critical of his ways. If he couldn't get the best out of a squad like that then he'd have no chance here!

I don't think we'll get AVB, but what relevance do the likes of Hutton and Warnock have? If we appointed AVB that would probably mean he'd have a fair bit of money to spend, so at the very least our shit defenders would be frozen out if not sold. Even without the money, they still need to go. I think a good manager would come in, see how shit they are, and try and shift them straight away. It's not even like we can't afford to drop them. They're all **** shit.

Our biggest win of the season & wolves too for that matter was against Wigan

I really don't understand all the fuss for Martinez

Here you go basing your opinion on managers on individual names again. Martinez finished above us at Wigan despite having far less money and a poorer squad. He wouldn't be a disaster.

ACTOR LOUIS MURRALL HAS JUST TWEETED THIS

Louis Murrall ‏@louismurrall

I know who the next villa manager is GUARANTEED - £50 @ 10/1...it's gonna be a good month of June :-)

Depends on the bookies then. Paddy has Gus Poyet at 10s

A couple of utterly leftfield suggestions on available managers...

Thomas Doll

+ Saved Hamburg from relegation in his first season in charge, then took them to the Champion's League the following season.

+ Brought (amongst others) Rafael van der Vaart, Nigel de Jong, Vincent Kompany, Jakub Błaszczykowski and Mats Hummels in the early stages of their careers.

+ His missus is pretty tidy.

- Sacked from Hamburg after catastrophic run of results left club in the relegation zone.

- Resigned after one season at Borussia Dortmund after a frustrating campaign (13th place finish, lost to Bayern Munich in the DFB-Pokal final AET).

- Sacked by Al-Hilal FC despite guiding the team to the top of the league.

GYI0062554952_crop_450x500.jpg

Fred Rutten

+ Oversaw upturn in fortunes at FC Twente that laid the foundation for Steve McCLaren's success.

+ Won Rinus Michels Award for professional manager of the year in 2008.

+ Launched careers of Marko Arnautović, Douglas, Eljero Elia, Nikolay Mihailov.

+ Went on a 32 game unbeaten run with PSV Eindhoven (with only 4 draws).

- Sacked by Schalke after one season (finishing 8th).

- Sacked by PSV after shock defeat to NAC Breda effectively ruled them out of the title race.

PSV-Eindhovens-Fred-Rutten-convinced-to-lift-the-title-Eredivisie-news-62347.jpg

Im a big fan of Martinez so sorry to be pedantic Julie, but didn't Bruce sign those players?

Apologies he did..... but they played really well under RM IIRC and he has picked up a few decent players himself.

People also forget the legacy that Martinez founded at Swansea which Brendan Rodgers built on and got them to the PL.

In fact the staff at B6 get quite upset the fact that their employers are banded about as utter idiots by some of the fans.....

If they aren’t idiots then at times they do a damn good impression of one. Only a moron would appoint a manager that had just relegated your nearest neighbours and done it whilst playing tripe football. Oh and pay his former employers a couple of mill for the privilege whilst giving the new manager a bumper 3 year contract.

Why the hell would an actor know, no offence!

Just informing the message board what i saw that's all.

Also a coincidence that Poyet is a no show at the Charity match at Stamford Bridge this morning as per Alistair Campbells tweet......

:idea:

Matinez for me. Lambo will just buy expensive British players...we'll be back where we were 3 years ago (financially)...

RM would at least look further afield!

Really disappointed about Solskjaer not coming here, everything seemed right about it.

Lambert is now the manager I want and after that I don't really know. Martinez doesn't capture my imagination much - he has a worse win percentage there than Steve Bruce did.

Martinez please purely because this is becoming boring plus I had a cover bet on him amidst the OGS saga.
Yep, same. Thanks to the OGS saga and interest from Liverpool Martinez's odds were way out there at 12/1. I got in fast as soon as that Kendrick article went up and stand to win £60 if he's appointed. :)

If they aren’t idiots then at times they do a damn good impression of one. Only a moron would appoint a manager that had just relegated your nearest neighbours and done it whilst playing tripe football. Oh and pay his former employers a couple of mill for the privilege whilst giving the new manager a bumper 3 year contract.

Agreed. A commercially disastrous decision which turned out to be a disastrous footballing decision.......however done with the best of intentions to employ a decent, hard working man who wanted to take up the challenge.

And as I've posted before.... until the bad employees are sorted out and ousted then I don't care WHO is manager of AVFC - for all the good that is

done things will be spoilt.

Which is why IMHO we need a footballing brain behind the scenes to compliment the business heads.

It still doesn't mean Lerner & Co aren't decent employers.

Martinez revolutionised Swansea from top to bottom - so for me I could see the sense in him coming to the club.