General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

2 million compensation i believe. Be better than paying anything to McAllister

absolutely agree

how do we know its 2m though?

Just seen a thread on a BHA forum that says it's £2m, obviously I've no idea where they got it. Was more interesting that it was on a thread discusing whether Poyet would move to Villa.

I can see someone very left field getting the job IMHO

The courting of OGS proved that the net has been cast far & wide

I don't think we will be approaching all the predictable names that keep popping up - Martinez lambert Rodgers

I'd rate Poyet as bottom of all the young managers. What has he achieved? If he was any good he would have at least made the playoffs as he had plenty of financial support.

Also he was shite when involved at Leeds.

Not sure about Poyet...I would rather go for RMartinez...

Then again, who else is there realistically...

Yeah I'm not too sure about Poyet either. He has done ok at Brighton, but not outstanding imo. I see Brighton only won 1 of the last 10 league games, which would be a worry.

If I was Lerner or Faulkner I would be in contact with Pep Guardiola.. The worst he can say is no though what if he said yes and was happy with the deal in front of him.. I mean he's the one manager where pretty much every job after Barcelona is a dramatic downgrade, he may be open to taking the leap with a club he may see as a none runner.. Fortunately I don't think Lerner or Faulkner have the gall to go after targets like that unfortunately.

Here is the link to the thread of BHA fans discussing Poyet/Villa.

We seem to have a reputation for giving managers stick. Why is this? I know Houllier got a lot of stick (most of it unfair IMO) but McLeish hardly got any, and even the bit that he did get was well deserved. The media are to blame for this. They make out that we were on McLoser's back from day one.

I'd rate Poyet as bottom of all the young managers. What has he achieved? If he was any good he would have at least made the playoffs as he had plenty of financial support.

Also he was shite when involved at Leeds.

I think that's a bit harsh on him. Brighton have only had that ground a year. It's been hard for them to build a team whilst playing at the athletics track. I would've thought regardless of whether he is there or not next season Brighton will be challenging towards the top of the division. Ok, Southampton did well, but the jump from League 1 to The CHampionship is a lot bigger than people think.

The fact that people are relying on Twitter for clues to the next Villa manager is very worrying. Despite being someone who likes a tweet as it were I would take anything anyone says with a pinch of salt. Added to that unless the well know person is 'verified' by Twitter is almost certain they are not who they say they are.

We also seem to have a self fulfilling prophesy with regard to Poyet. People put money on him so his odds fall and so and behold he is starts emerging as favourite and VT starts to whip itself into a frenzy.

As for Poyet, not a bad shout IMO.

If I was Lerner or Faulkner I would be in contact with Pep Guardiola.. The worst he can say is no though what if he said yes and was happy with the deal in front of him.. I mean he's the one manager where pretty much every job after Barcelona is a dramatic downgrade, he may be open to taking the leap with a club he may see as a none runner.. Fortunately I don't think Lerner or Faulkner have the gall to go after targets like that unfortunately.

:lol:

They should put a bid in for Messi and Ronaldo too, Whats the point of having billions if you arnt going to spend it, you cat take it to he grave :|

My doubt with Martinez is that seems to go for south american players which tend to be very hit'n'miss, would rather get manager who knows central/southern european leagues because those players have probably better chance of succeeding in PL.

Yeah but it would be nice to find another Juan Pablo Angel.

His name is Falcao and Porto bought him for like 3m or something and was sold for over 15 times that, unfortunately we were chasing the likes of Sidwell under MON at the time ;)

We seem to have a reputation for giving managers stick. Why is this? I know Houllier got a lot of stick (most of it unfair IMO) but McLeish hardly got any, and even the bit that he did get was well deserved. The media are to blame for this. They make out that we were on McLeish's back from day one.

TBH I thnk we do, DO'L got stick, GH did and AMc, we were on his back before he got here!

Liverpool's interest is cooling in AVB. Really hope Randy sticks his neck out and makes a punt for him.

- No compensation needs paying

- The mood amongst fans would raise a great deal

- Season ticket sales would increase

So all told, it won't cost too much to actually bring him in.

The risk is that Randy would need to back him to the tune of about 20-30million, in addition to whatever he brings in from player sales. But pretty much any manager would be requiring this level of investment at any rate.

It's the perfect scenario for AVB too, looking at it logically. He needs a relatively low-pressure gig to rebuild his career after the Chelsea fiasco; a good 2 to 3 years a club where he can really show what he can do. Villa pay damn good wages and once he ships off the trouble makers, he'd have a young squad of capable and willing players to teach his system.

Come on Randy, make it happen! :notworthy:

We seem to have a reputation for giving managers stick. Why is this? I know Houllier got a lot of stick (most of it unfair IMO) but McLeish hardly got any, and even the bit that he did get was well deserved. The media are to blame for this. They make out that we were on McLeish's back from day one.

TBH I thnk we do, DO'L got stick, GH did and AMc, we were on his back before he got here!

DOL got it because he was shit, as I said I thought a lot of the stick Houllier got was unfair and we were NOT on McLeish's backed before he even got there. There was that protest but that was it. Fans didn't even start to get on his back until **** April, which was far too late IMO. Considering how bad we were doing and how horrible we were to watch, McLeish had an incredibly easy ride. Houllier got slaughtered for far less just a year before.

Liverpool's interest is cooling in AVB. Really hope Randy sticks his neck out and makes a punt for him.

- No compensation needs paying

- The mood amongst fans would raise a great deal

- Season ticket sales would increase

So all told, it won't cost too much to actually bring him in.

The risk is that Randy would need to back him to the tune of about 20-30million, in addition to whatever he brings in from player sales. But pretty much any manager would be requiring this level of investment at any rate.

It's the perfect scenario for AVB too, looking at it logically. He needs a relatively low-pressure gig to rebuild his career after the Chelsea fiasco; a good 2 to 3 years a club where he can really show what he can do. Villa pay damn good wages and once he ships off the trouble makers, he'd have a young squad of capable and willing players to teach his system.

Come on Randy, make it happen! :notworthy:

Depends on the budget available ultimately, to tempt big names in football to a club such as ours, in a state that we're in, it'll have to be substantial.

Also, there is a black cloud over his head atm with regards to opinions, people think he 'couldn't cut it' in the PL and so forth despite being one of the most tactically astute around. The board could have bought into that shite and thus not even considered him for his 'failure'.

Not sure about Poyet...I would rather go for RMartinez...

Then again, who else is there realistically...

Both share a similar football philosophy, and both have struggled to get results for long periods with mainly very average players, while managing to get them to play exceptionally at other times.

Brighton started the season well and finished very poorly, and Wigan started the season very poorly and finished brilliantly!

Brighton played well at home as you would expect with a big partisan crowd.