General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

You do realise what he has just achieved with Molde dont you CI?

I doubt it.

I know all about Norwegian Pub Leagues & teams having lived in Oslo

Spent a fair while there myself (Bergen).

Dont know what pub leagues have to do with OGS getting a small team from a town with a population less than the average Blose crowd to win their version of the PL in his first season though.

Who will be the first to ask whether there has been a letter from Fergie........ :winkold:

If it is OGS maybe Randy has another Fergie letter to add to his collection

A bad omen.

I found a more sure bet today :winkold:

who is the sure bet trees and why??

I would be happy with OGS as the new boss - a great appointment of a young hungry manager. Fergie said he has never met anyone who reads a game as well as OGS. (Although to be fair, he had plenty of opportunity from the Old Trafford bench!)

However, giving that half of VT seems to have lumped into him all at once, is anyone genuinely surprised that the bookies have cut odds across the board. IT DOES NOT MEAN AN EVENT IS MORE LIKELY TO HAPPEN. All it means is that the are protecting their exposure and a sudden flurry of bets on a rank outsider will imply to them that someone knows something.

As someone pointed out, we went silly on Ancellotti last summer only to realise that McLeish was on holiday on the same island.

If you win a few quid out of this guys good luck to you but these are the most volatile markets bookmakers offer and I for one will stay well away.

Surprised Slaven Bilic hasn't been raised as an option. Would fit the criteria wouldn't he?
Because he took the Lokomotiv Moscow job 3 days ago. Well, 2.5 days ago where you are :P

£10 on Paddypower at 10/1, £10 on William Hill at 20/1.

I'd be happy with OGS (I prefer the abbreviation to attempting to spell his name :winkold:).

I don't know anything about how he has managed at Molde (infact, I'm sure I read something from someone on here saying that he spent a shedload of money?), but he's young, seemingly has potential and could, hopefully, build a legacy at Villa.

I would worry about him wanting to manage Man Utd though :(

With Lambert/ Rodgers/ Marinez, I almost feel like they'd be happy to manage a club the size of ours, like Moyes has been happy at Everton.