Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Spurs vacancy coming up soon, oh dear.
I can see how you could be worried, I mean Hughton did used to play for them and is a young well thought of manager who may be looking for a much bigger club, but surely he hasn't had enough of Mcnasty yet to shit on you?

:hooray:

Well no doubt they're an honourable club, so compo would be paid without the need of a tribunal. 8)

Whizz I undersdtand why you love this site so much when your main footy forum is discussing the hose pipe ban! :lol:

hosepipe ban!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I'm concerned about this too but I'm quite confident that at least we'll go out there to try to win these games and we'll definitely be more exciting.

A part of me worries that we may have resorted back to familiar territory in terms of an approach and tactics and that we missed an opportunity what with players already having been let go and the wage bill being a bit more manageable, it might have been a really good time right now to bring in a manager who changes our style into something more attacking and possession-based.

I'm not having a go at Lambert before he's started, I'm happy we have him. But I'm still just a little concerned, especially since Swansea seem to be close to appointing Michael Laudrup who I was quite keen on for us.

I'll back Lambert though and time will tell.

I feel the same way too. I'm not expecting us to go to extremes and start trying to emulate Barcelona but we do need a drastic change in strategy at the club.

Lambert's a very good manager and I have no doubt that he won't get us top 8-10 eventually but will he do it using the same methods as MON? As I keep on saying, we need two things:

a) Change in style of play and start using the ball more. We don't have to be like Swansea but we're so poor at passing and moving that it's embarrassing.

B) Scout abroad as well at home. Not as important as changing our style of play but still vital.

The two points you've outlined there go hand in hand.

The only player MON brought in from abroad just so happened to be a 6'6" battering ram who was lethal in the air. Other than that he bought UK bred players who fitted his classically British way of playing. Full backs who are there to defend not attack. Destructive midfielders who are capable of getting the ball to pacey wingers who are there to attack on the break and supply early crosses to strong forwards.

If we alter the way we play we should go to were players that fit that style of play are. So if we're after attacking full backs, ball playing midfielders, and creative attackers to suit a new way of setting the team up then we will (hopefully) look to where they are brought up that way.

I know I'm generalizing alot here....

I can see how you could be worried, I mean Hughton did used to play for them and is a young well thought of manager who may be looking for a much bigger club, but surely he hasn't had enough of Mcnasty yet to shit on you?

Well no doubt they're an honourable club, so compo would be paid without the need of a tribunal. 8)

Whizz I undersdtand why you love this site so much when your main footy forum is discussing the hose pipe ban! :lol:

hosepipe ban!

Thats quite funny. :crylaugh:

As as Narrrrrich are so honourable you'll no doubt let him talk to them.

Agreed, I'm concerned about this too but I'm quite confident that at least we'll go out there to try to win these games and we'll definitely be more exciting.

A part of me worries that we may have resorted back to familiar territory in terms of an approach and tactics and that we missed an opportunity what with players already having been let go and the wage bill being a bit more manageable, it might have been a really good time right now to bring in a manager who changes our style into something more attacking and possession-based.

I'm not having a go at Lambert before he's started, I'm happy we have him. But I'm still just a little concerned, especially since Swansea seem to be close to appointing Michael Laudrup who I was quite keen on for us.

I feel the same way too. I'm not expecting us to go to extremes and start trying to emulate Barcelona but we do need a drastic change in strategy at the club.

Lambert's a very good manager and I have no doubt that he won't get us top 8-10 eventually but will he do it using the same methods as MON? As I keep on saying, we need two things:

a) Change in style of play and start using the ball more. We don't have to be like Swansea but we're so poor at passing and moving that it's embarrassing.

B) Scout abroad as well at home. Not as important as changing our style of play but still vital.

The only player MON brought in from abroad just so happened to be a 6'6" battering ram who was lethal in the air. Other than that he bought UK bred players who fitted his classically British way of playing. Full backs who are there to defend not attack. Destructive midfielders who are capable of getting the ball to pacey wingers who are there to attack on the break and supply early crosses to strong forwards.

If we alter the way we play we should go to were players that fit that style of play are. So if we're after attacking full backs, ball playing midfielders, and creative attackers to suit a new way of setting the team up then we will (hopefully) look to where they are brought up that way.

Salifou was that big??

As Lambert was on a one year rolling contract that was due to expire why is compensation necessary?

Because a one year rolling contract always has 12 months left to run, otherwise its not a rolling contract.

Ad infinitum?

Wiz you really do love it on VT don't you.. lol

It is a great Forum..

Lambert's brought Wiz over as part of his backroom staff.

Not until you cough up compo for me I'm not!

Salifou was that big??

He's on about Guzan.

Salifou was that big??

He's on about Guzan.

You mean Lichaj?

He's doing a Q&A at the kit launch. Any idea what has been asked?

More than likely a bunch of retarded questions that he couldn't possibly answer. Such as "Alright Paul, what players are you buying?"

It's always the same when these Q&A's happen, there's never anyone whose brain is functional asking questions.

Telling Hutton to find a new club. ****. Legend. I love him already :D

Great times at Villa Park at the moment. Somethings gonna go wrong soon isnt it :lol:

Could be true, but it is not Villa style to do business in the media. Take it for what it is, just a silly season rumour lika 1000 others

Didn't know what thread to put this in as the relevant one is closed.

I know Gary Karsa's nephew and briefly spoke to him yesterday. He told me he's definately coming to Villa.

No idea about Culverhouse.

Thats interesting as we havent heard anything out end, did he say when?

Presume they wont join you until compensation is agreed for the two of them as they are on a 12 months rolling contract?

When they left ColU to join Lambert at Norwich Karsa & Culverhouse resigned but they dont appear to have done that yet??