Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I just want Karsa and Culverhouse. Derp.

I still fully believe that both will be coming. There's obviously some kind of contractual/compensation deals which are preventing it from happening. The fact that AVFC have been so quiet on the subject suggests to me that it's a waiting game, and eventually we will get our men.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa's stance is probably the same as it was with Lambert

Why pay compo for them when we can get them for free when their contracts run out

Lets face it Norwich are a small club and were a big club we have the power to bully them around and i like it. Had enough of us playing nice all the time i've wanted us to be ruthless when it comes to signing players/managers for along time now

Their contracts won't run out, as they're on 1 year rolling deals.

So what they run on an on for ever?

Rolling contracts are either permanent 365 days contracts for which you've always got 12 months remaining or they are 12 months from one date and renew on that date each year.

Nobody knows which these guys are on but personally I'd suggest that it is the later which is why I think things will become clearer on or around the 1st.

As it stands I don't think we want to pay compo to Norwich when they will soon be out of contract or be able to exit before the renewal and I don't think Norwich want to terminate their employment.

So as I said, come the 1st July which is the normal date that contracts within football end or renew, we will I think see things happen.

Watch out Wiz is on Culverhouse alert after all he is the brains of the operation not Lambert!

Good job he is joining us then!!

If Culverhouse and Karsa join he will claim Delia Smith was the brains behind all of them.

Rolling contracts are either permanent 365 days contracts for which you've always got 12 months remaining or they are 12 months from one date and renew on that date each year.

Nobody knows which these guys are on but personally I'd suggest that it is the later which is why I think things will become clearer on or around the 1st.

As it stands I don't think we want to pay compo to Norwich when they will soon be out of contract or be able to exit before the renewal and I don't think Norwich want to terminate their employment.

So as I said, come the 1st July which is the normal date that contracts within football end or renew, we will I think see things happen.

Seems a bit odd though. The compensation due would be negligible as there's about a week left on their contracts. NCFC would be behaving like children if they made the two guys see out their contract just for the sake of it, particularly with their own new management team in charge.

I reckon PL is still looking for the right guys and Culverhouse and Karsa might not be the ones.

Rolling contracts are either permanent 365 days contracts for which you've always got 12 months remaining .

That right and until the clubs agree compensation for the two of them I cant see them going anywhere.

Rolling contracts are either permanent 365 days contracts for which you've always got 12 months remaining .

That right and until the clubs agree compensation for the two of them I cant see them going anywhere.

Misquote of the month! :lol:

Think you overlooked the second half of Trent's sentence, beginning..."or..." :P

I bet you were saying the same about Lambert a few weeks ago weren't you :D

Seems a bit odd though. The compensation due would be negligible as there's about a week left on their contracts. NCFC would be behaving like children if they made the two guys see out their contract just for the sake of it, particularly with their own new management team in charge.

I reckon PL is still looking for the right guys and Culverhouse and Karsa might not be the ones.

Yes it is odd but clearly relations between Norwich and Villa aren't the best at the moment and you've got people with points to prove/settle and you've got a man in McNaulty who seems to want a fight.

As for the compensation due, it doesn't automatically follow that the amount of compensation due decreases with the weeks that pass of the contract. For instance the contract could state that there is a £1m exit/compensation clause at any point the contract is broken. We just don't know.

As for Norwich acting like children, I wouldn't quite go that far but they've not conducted themselves very well. They had a manager with a clause allowing him to speak to us and they refused, they should have known they couldn't do that, they should have known they were making things worse for themselves but seemingly they didn't. If they had just allowed Lambert to talk to us they would have got their compensation.

Norwich have already replaced the pair, they won't be staying at Norwich I'm sure and they will end up here. I just don't see Lambert recruiting a new team its just a case of when they join and my guess is it will be around the 1st July.

And the players aren't back until July 1st so we literally don't need coaches for the next 10 days. Sorted.
Whilst I do not think there is any panic, and I am still confident they will be with us soon, I do not necessarily agree with this

I think coaches would want to make sure the place is set up for training, that schedules etc are in place and that the systems are what they want hem to be.

Anyway like I said I still think they will be with us.

I agree with you there Richard on all points. I would also add that were they in place there are other duties that would no doubt be doing like reviewing tapes of our games last season to get a better idea about the players they will be working with for instance.