Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't Lambert being hailed as "a nice genuine guy"? He seems to have acted like one so far, yet he has not got this tag?

Paul lambert is a nice genuine guy.

We don't need him to be a nice genuine guy. Many successful managers are hated by the public and the media but are worshipped by the players and their own fans. That is all that matters.

I am fairly confident in saying this is not pr it is the make up of the man and just one reason why some of us were so impressed with him and , quite frankly, are still so gobsmacked that we have him

He reminds me very much of SAF. Determined and bloody-minded. I like this.

Some compared MON to Fergie as well and look where that got us. I do get the impression Lambert is a lot less stubborn than MON and as he is a lot younger he is still learning his trade.

Only time will tell.

Why isn't Lambert being hailed as "a nice genuine guy"? He seems to have acted like one so far, yet he has not got this tag?

I agree completely, I'm just wondering why some managers who genuinely do come off as nice don't get labeled as such yet other managers who actually come off as massive pricks get tagged by the media as nice.

I guess NIVillan was right. The media are the ones who define the tags and if you're not cosy with them you're not "nice" or "genuine".

To be honest I couldnt care less if he's a nice guy or not, I want a good manager rather than a good guy. With McLeish the good guy mantra was there to protect him...it didn't.

So far though Lambert has said all the right things, but at this stage it's easy to do, remember McLeish last season saying he was gonna play attacking football and Gabby was not going to play on the wing.

I agree completely, I'm just wondering why some managers who genuinely do come off as nice don't get labeled as such yet other managers who actually come off as massive pricks get tagged by the media as nice.

I guess NIVillan was right. The media are the ones who define the tags and if you're not cosy with them you're not "nice" or "genuine".

I think its because some managers play the media game, and the ones that don't, the media don't like...I think Lambert and the Media have a strained relationship..Whereas He who shall not be named, never did anything to upset the media.

Some compared MON to Fergie as well and look where that got us. I do get the impression Lambert is a lot less stubborn than MON and as he is a lot younger he is still learning his trade.

Only time will tell.

I never thought MON was remotely like SAF.

To be honest I couldnt care less if he's a nice guy or not, I want a good manager rather than a good guy. With McLeish the good guy mantra was there to protect him...it didn't.

So far though Lambert has said all the right things, but at this stage it's easy to do, remember McLeish last season saying he was gonna play attacking football and Gabby was not going to play on the wing.

He also said Downing was going nowhere for less than £50M. Like eveything he said I did not believe it, it was bollocks.

With Lamber I trust and believe the man.

He also said Downing was going nowhere for less than £50M. Like eveything he said I did not believe it, it was bollocks.

Yeah but 20 Mill was still a bloody good deal!

Not sure I agree. On the season he has just had then maybe. But on the time he spent with us I would have rather had the player than the money. Mind you I would not have trusted Mcleish to get the best out of him

Oh without a doubt, Lambert is 10 times the manager McLeish is. You do get the feeling he believes what he's saying rather than appeasing the fans.

Oh without a doubt, Lambert is 10 times the manager McLeish is. You do get the feeling he believes what he's saying rather than appeasing the fans.

Well of course we hope he is. And Norwich and Colchester think he is very good. But they are Norwich and Colchester, and what he did at Norwich in the Prem is not much better than what several managers have done the last seasons - like Coppell and Coyle. It takes Lambert roughly 12 months before we either a) worship him (7th) B) regard him as an OK manager (10-12th) or c) retract everything we have said about him along the way (15th).

He is FAR from the finished article, and if he is not given money or fails to produce the man management we so desperately need, he is sacked and his reputation is tarnished. It happens the other way as well, just look at Pardew who was regarded a crap manager before surprisingly guiding Newcastle to 5th.

I have hopes, but I also realize that people will turn on him very quickly if he does noe deliever. This is not a manager in the calibre of the best in the world anyway, not by a longshot. What he has done so far means nothing compared to this job, and certainly will stand for nothing if he fails.

Only time will tell.

I never thought MON was remotely like SAF.

I'm sure he was compared to someone. Clough maybe?

Or was it Arti Ziff?

"IF" i was a gaffer, and "IF" i was a premier league gaffer, one that "HAD" been around the league like PL and AVFC aprocahed me. Before I took the job I would make sure all my concerns were taken care of.