Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smithy has just been taken to the cleaners by BOF and Gareth!

Let's wait and see shall we. If you believe that any breach of a contractual term (if indeed there was one) renders a contract void or terminated then I can see why you might think I have been "taken to the cleaners."

I think you all need to take a look at the meaning of the term repudiatory breach.

Not quite sure what all the arguments an infighting is over but from my experience of contracts (quite a lot by the way in my profession (although not sports related)) not all contractual clauses go to the root of the contract.

Consider two clauses, one being that PL will have sole control over team selection and another being that PL will receive his claimed expenses on the third Wednesday of each month.

Club pays his expenses on the Thurday after the due Wednesday - not rlikely to be a fundamental or repudiatory breach entitling him to terminate his contract!

Chairman tells him what the team is for the next game - definitely a serious enough breach to be classed as repudiatory.

You can of course also specify what you consider to be the material or fundamental terms of the contract which would entitle you to treat a breach as a fundamental breach but the Club concerned could and probably would have included provisions giving it the right to remedy the breach if it is possible to do so within a specified time.

You really have to consider whether the breach was sufficiently serious to justify immeidate termination of the contract. The innocent party has to make that decision quickly so as not to be seen to have affirmed the contract after the breach. The innocent party could breach his contract if he terminates the contract without justification.

Hope that helps.

If he goes to Swansea I reckon his first job will be to sign Rory Delap. Apparently he's developed this new technique of really long throw-ins.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

#Laursen to Swansea looking likely

Even the journos are speaking in riddles now. Can someone tell me where Laursen is off to?

Not sure, but I'd hazard a guess at Swansea.

Look, I'm not claiming to be ITK or anything, but I was having a beer with Laursen last night (he's married to my cousin) and he told me he is definitely, 100%, nailed on going to Swansea, but not to tell anybody about it.

Take it or leave it.

Right, I don't like this ITK stuff

But I was just in Tesco's and there were two guys in suits

One said to the other that he had heard Laursen has quit his job.

Now this is where it gets interesting, he had a Welsh accent!!!!

Well that is pretty damn certain he is going to Swansea if you ask me

Heard it here first!!!