Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

That tweet in welsh means ...

Word has it that Martin Laursen has given up her job and will go to Swansea

so wait, not only is laursen going to Swansea (which is news to me)...but he is actually a she ...I think I am in love. :shock:

Yeah but her knees are **** so don't expect any rusty trombones (if that's what you're in to of course).

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That tweet in welsh means ...

Word has it that Martin Laursen has given up her job and will go to Swansea

so wait, not only is laursen going to Swansea (which is news to me)...but he is actually a she ...I think I am in love. :shock:

Yeah but her knees are **** so don't expect any rusty trombones (if that's what you're in to of course).

bollocks! That's my sex life ruined then!

Interestingly this was tweet from his homeland announcing Laursen's resignation earlier & no mention of scfc in it at all - only avfc.

Danish Football News ‏@DanishFooty

Former Aston Villa defender Martin Laursen resigns as coach for the club BSV (Sollerod-Vedbaek). #avfc

Word wedi ei bod Martin Laursen wedi rhoi'r gorau i'w swydd a bydd yn mynd i Abertawe

Saw this from a welsh journo on twitter...anyone fancy a crack at trying to translate??

Aberwate is the Welsh name for Swansea, but that's the limit of my Welsh.

Stupid Welsh. Can't even spell Swansea properly.

It's Abertawe.

/Buzz Killington

Not saying Laursen wouldn't go to join Laudrup at Swansea...but he was interviewed on Talksport about Paul Lambert's appointment and AVFC

a couple of weeks ago.

Said he was taking his coaching badges in Denmark and would love to go into management one day back in England to manage Aston Villa - that was his dream.

He didn't mention any other club - just coming back to manage Villa............ Bless!

Been on holiday the last two weeks so had better things to do than post on here :D

Have to say I am over the moon with this appointment. He was easily my first choice way over any of the other candidates. I think he is a perfect fit for us and with decent backing will get us back in to the top 8 at least over the next couple of seasons.

Fair play to Faulkner and Lerner as well. I have given them plenty of stick after their previous two **** ups in appointing Houllier and McLeish but they have got this one spot on. It is only half the job though and he will need to be backed.

To be honest I'd take anything Gabby says with a pinch of salt.

Yes, he has a habit of saying things he doesn't really mean or understand...

"Wha? Ye 'course I'm wearing a condom... (the ****'s a condom?)..."

I hope so. I want to see attacking football but what I really don't want to see is counter-attacking football, or rather pure counter-attacking like what we had under MON. Counter-attacking can be useful in certain games but having it as your plan A is not a good idea at all. I want us to take the game to other teams and be the ones on the front foot for the most of the game.

Even now our team is clearly built around counter attacking. That's all we can really do with any competence. I'm just sick of seeing us on the back foot for the majority of the time in most of our games. Even under MON when the squad was very good and we were finishing top 6 we still spent most of the time defending desperately and letting teams come at us.

Agreed, I'm concerned about this too but I'm quite confident that at least we'll go out there to try to win these games and we'll definitely be more exciting.

A part of me worries that we may have resorted back to familiar territory in terms of an approach and tactics and that we missed an opportunity what with players already having been let go and the wage bill being a bit more manageable, it might have been a really good time right now to bring in a manager who changes our style into something more attacking and possession-based.

I'm not having a go at Lambert before he's started, I'm happy we have him. But I'm still just a little concerned, especially since Swansea seem to be close to appointing Michael Laudrup who I was quite keen on for us.

I'll back Lambert though and time will tell.

I hope so. I want to see attacking football but what I really don't want to see is counter-attacking football, or rather pure counter-attacking like what we had under MON. Counter-attacking can be useful in certain games but having it as your plan A is not a good idea at all. I want us to take the game to other teams and be the ones on the front foot for the most of the game.

Even now our team is clearly built around counter attacking. That's all we can really do with any competence. I'm just sick of seeing us on the back foot for the majority of the time in most of our games. Even under MON when the squad was very good and we were finishing top 6 we still spent most of the time defending desperately and letting teams come at us.

I think we will see all out counter attack as plan A if im honest.