Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sure we'd end up with a surprising appointment from overseas but I was wrong. PL was a good player and is a good manager, I'm sure he'll do us proud. It'll be interesting to see what he does with our squad this summer!

Could be best appointment since Graham Taylor. Intelligent, pragmatic but tactically flexible with mean streak and good people around him. Atmosphere at first home game will be amazing.

I'll shamelessly steal a bit of Christian iconography for this.

The Lions shall lie down with the Lamb.

Agnus Dei, the Lamb of God. A lion-like lamb which rises to deliver victory after being slain .

Up the Villa!

Welcome Paul!.. Very pleased you decided to come here & try to awaken this sleeping giant.

Have to say i am amazed at the number of "rats in the kitchen" which have emerged during this process & the incredible amount of pundits who clearly have blinked vision as well as players, fans & the like who have crawled out of the woodwork to try & belittle this club whilst it was clearly at a very low point in it's glamourous history.

Ill informed & infected with sky4itis the lot of you & clearly you all have rather selective memories too.

This club has enormous potential & as THE original World "superclub" way back in the day & also the 5th most successfull English team ever i simply cannot fathom the reaction of these people labelling us & even comparing us with the likes of Norwich City, Wigan etc.. Are these people actually real?

We have just recently celebrated the 30th anniversary of winning the games ultimate prize & yet are then subjected to slants of "why would he go from Norwich to Villa?"

We have a bit of a false image in no small part due to a certain chairman who resided here for 25 years or so & ran the place like a corner shop.. This for me is why so many have lost respect for this club.. 25 years is a long time & means there is a whole generation of fans, pundits & indeed players who simply were not alive when this club was last fulfilling it's potential so they just can't see it...

Time to awaken the lion

Welcome Paul!.. Very pleased you decided to come here & try to awaken this sleeping giant.

Have to say i am amazed at the number of "rats in the kitchen" which have emerged during this process & the incredible amount of pundits who clearly have blinked vision as well as players, fans & the like who have crawled out of the woodwork to try & belittle this club whilst it was clearly at a very low point in it's glamourous history.

Ill informed & infected with sky4itis the lot of you & clearly you all have rather selective memories too.

This club has enormous potential & as THE original World "superclub" way back in the day & also the 5th most successfull English team ever i simply cannot fathom the reaction of these people labelling us & even comparing us with the likes of Norwich City, Wigan etc.. Are these people actually real?

We have just recently celebrated the 30th anniversary of winning the games ultimate prize & yet are then subjected to slants of "why would he go from Norwich to Villa?"

We have a bit of a false image in no small part due to a certain chairman who resided here for 25 years or so & ran the place like a corner shop.. This for me is why so many have lost respect for this club.. 25 years is a long time & means there is a whole generation of fans, pundits & indeed players who simply were not alive when this club was last fulfilling it's potential so they just can't see it...

Time to awaken the lion

Great post!

Apologies for posting from twitter for anyone it offends... sheesh!

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore

"We got the guy we wanted,he'll shake things up" From the highest authority at #avfc #UTV

Woohooo!!!

Wasn't expecting anything to happen on this until after the long BH so just logged on here to see who was having a little squabble at the moment, only to find this mass orgy of joy and welcome taking place!

Welcome Mr lambert - I've got a feeling you are going to take Villa places and I am going to enjoy the journey. :flag::hooray:

Welll done as well to RL and PF - they actually made a sensible managerial appointment. :shock:

My fellow villa fans I can honestly say I cannot remember being as excited about a managerial appointment. We can look forward to a VERY exciting summer, and after the last few years, we deserve it. Sit back, relax and now enjoy the fun

Lamberts first major achievement:

Turning Richard into a bundle of joy ;)