Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I'll shamelessly steal a bit of Christian iconography for this.

The Lions shall lie down with the Lamb.

Agnus Dei, the Lamb of God. A lion-like lamb which rises to deliver victory after being slain .

Up the Villa!

"Rise And Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions"

Brilliant appointment, already looking forward to next season! UTV!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont have a go at the NCFC fans, I feel their hurt, on a positive note only 2 places left for relegation next year now lol.

Very good appointment and with backing will be a great year, wouldn't it be great to finish above the bin dippers as well, can see it happening,

The Lions to roar again.

Thank you goes to Randy and Paul, also a thanks to Alex Mccleash for putting us in a position a year early where we can now get players and look forward to the next season with enthusiasm but with a bit of reality thrown in, people may not see it but Alex did as he was asked - (Just)

Really don't understand your thinking on your second paragraph at all. Very bizarre.

Reckon his job was to use all the squad and get rid of the over paid players we had or utilise them where possible, get the kids some experience of playing and above all keep us in the prem, think he was to do this for 2 years so three more players could be gone so lowering the wages, he showed it was a dangerous idea and only just made it forcing Randy to act quicker than he wanted too,

May be I am totally wrong and talking out my ass, it is just something someone associated with the club told me ages ago and also made alot of sense, apparently he was never here for the long term but the hatred towards him and Randy as well as the relegation fight forced the Hand

Kmac would have been able to reduce the wage bill, get rid of the deadwood and at the same time blood the youngsters, that in my opinion would have been a temporary measure.

I firmly believe that Randy viewed Mcleish as a long term project but got it horribly wrong....

We **** deserve this after the shit we've been through, don't we?

Fantastic appointment by Randy and Faulkner. After last seasons hell I was scared that the club was going to get ruined but this is the beginning of a new era at Villa Park. How buzzing will the ground be for our first game next season?!

I'm even more excited after Richard's news about the exciting summer ahead. Let the good times roll on!

Dont have a go at the NCFC fans, I feel their hurt, on a positive note only 2 places left for relegation next year now lol.

Very good appointment and with backing will be a great year, wouldn't it be great to finish above the bin dippers as well, can see it happening,

The Lions to roar again.

Thank you goes to Randy and Paul, also a thanks to Alex Mccleash for putting us in a position a year early where we can now get players and look forward to the next season with enthusiasm but with a bit of reality thrown in, people may not see it but Alex did as he was asked - (Just)

Really don't understand your thinking on your second paragraph at all. Very bizarre.

Reckon his job was to use all the squad and get rid of the over paid players we had or utilise them where possible, get the kids some experience of playing and above all keep us in the prem, think he was to do this for 2 years so three more players could be gone so lowering the wages, he showed it was a dangerous idea and only just made it forcing Randy to act quicker than he wanted too,

May be I am totally wrong and talking out my ass, it is just something someone associated with the club told me ages ago and also made alot of sense, apparently he was never here for the long term but the hatred towards him and Randy as well as the relegation fight forced the Hand

Kmac would have been able to reduce the wage bill, get rid of the deadwood and at the same time blood the youngsters, that in my opinion would have been a temporary measure.

I firmly believe that Randy viewed Mcleish as a long term project but got it horribly wrong....

Could be right but K Mac did not deserve the shit that was to come with the job required where as AM had alot bigger shoulders. could be if he managed it he would have been given the funds and a better contract, in a way I am glad it went as bad as it did as we now have realistic expectations, a better wage structure and a better manager.

The first thing he can do to be even more popular is get rid of the troublesome Collins, Dunne and Warnock.

I have asked for links to prove this. All I got is two drunk episodes. Nothing about trying to take over the dressing room or trouble on the training ground. Give me something more or I think this is a "rat in the pizza" myth.

McLeish's remit may have been to keep us up and lower the wage bill but he didn't need to be so negative did he?
And he actually came dangerously close to relegating us against all the odds. We have nothing to thank Alex McLeish for except our worst season since 1986/7.

"Will do a good job there...... until their deluded fans drive him out at the end of the season for not challenging for a Champions League place."

Found this on a liverpool website

made me laugh

Sure they werent talking about Brendan Rodgers? I hear the scousers like talking to themselves.

Its the inbred way.

It has been speculated that Lerner speaks to Klinsman about footballing matters.

I wonder is there a Klinsman -> Hitzfeld -> Lambert connection?

:thumb:

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I read the article on the OS from Hitzfeld.

Also I think the quote obtained by Stan Collymore - from he claims the highest authority at the club (RL I presume)..... goes along way to explaining the appointment of Paul Lambert as manager of AVFC.

"We got the guy we wanted, he'll shake things up"

Alex McLeish like AVB at CFC were just two nice blokes... sometimes what you need is NASTY when required!!

The first thing he can do to be even more popular is get rid of the troublesome Collins, Dunne and Warnock.

I have asked for links to prove this. All I got is two drunk episodes. Nothing about trying to take over the dressing room or trouble on the training ground. Give me something more or I think this is a "rat in the pizza" myth.

You are entitled to believe what you want, but I heard things from people about the troublemakers that was not nice and others on here, with much more info than me have said the same.

Bad influences.

"Will do a good job there...... until their deluded fans drive him out at the end of the season for not challenging for a Champions League place."

Found this on a liverpool website

made me laugh

Sure they werent talking about Brendan Rodgers? I hear the scousers like talking to themselves.

Its the inbred way.

and apparently we thought we were too good for Benitez and were hoping for Van Gaal....

say the fans who thought Guardiola would want to manage them....

Newcastle fans are being much more reasonable...

lots of them thinking Lambert will go on to prove his class and get us challenging again.....

really looking forward to the tide changing not only in our opinions of Villa and the way we play but also the opinions of other fans